Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by patpatpatme
looks like the deals dead
yes it looks like it went back to 20k.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by bribro
I just applied for this card a 2nd time. Had my 1st M&M card open for a year and closed it a few months ago (June, I think). After hitting submit on the app Barclays pulled my credit and I got the following message:

"Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an immediate decision on the application you just submitted. Your application requires further review, which can take up to 10 days."

Uh oh. Decided to go for it and called up recon since this 50k offer supposedly expires on August 31st. Exchanged pleasantries with the CSR then she put me on hold to review things, came back after 5 minutes, congratulated me on having "pristine credit by Barclays' standard" then approved me for $10k (a little low compared to my other cards, by whatever). No mention of my previous M&M card that I closed just a few months ago.

My application landing page did have the following language: "This offer is available to first-time cardmembers only." I'll report back if/when the bonus miles actually post.
The 55k miles posted to my M&M account today, one day after the statement close. Just a data point reconfirming that this card is indeed churnable, despite the "first-time cardmember only" language.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - 50k miles for $5k spend [Revived]

They just emailed me an offer for my existing account ( min spend matched not much afterwards). I need to spend $250 each month Oct/Nov/Dec and receive 10k M&M

I'm in!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I applied for the card with a link for the 50k at the beginning of September, however it seems as though the offer ended at the end of August. CSR is saying that I only get the 20k version, but how can that be? Fighting them on it, but want to know what else I need to do to please my case. Any data points on Barclay awarding the miles after the fact?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bchips
I applied for the card with a link for the 50k at the beginning of September, however it seems as though the offer ended at the end of August. CSR is saying that I only get the 20k version, but how can that be? Fighting them on it, but want to know what else I need to do to please my case. Any data points on Barclay awarding the miles after the fact?
What day did you apply , and although that is the most important what day were you approved , that you could demonstrate to them you got in before offer was pulled .
What date did Barclays pull your CR ?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Barclays is well known for NOT matching expired offers. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:24 am

35k now.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=23
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:36 am

Hopefully the offer goes up to 50K in December as in previous years.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They have revamped the offerings, but not much is new (the 5:1 award:status swap was available already, BTW) except for the two C lounge passes.

Its currently 35k for 1000$ spend, so the thread title needs updating...
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA, HA
Originally Posted by brc01
Hopefully the offer goes up to 50K in December as in previous years.
Has 50k in Dec been like clockwork each year? Just curious; obviously time will tell. This would be an abnormally brief upgrade in bonus if they're just going to bump it up further in a month.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by TheTakeOffRush
Has 50k in Dec been like clockwork each year? Just curious; obviously time will tell. This would be an abnormally brief upgrade in bonus if they're just going to bump it up further in a month.
Last year was earlier around Oct/Nov. If they don't increase it in Dec then May/June has had 50K offers like clockwork the past 3 years.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:51 pm

Doh, still no 50K offer.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Doh, still no 50K offer.
i am also waiting for the 50k offer, if it doesn't show up in the next week i will pull the trigger on the 35k offer.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Sorry OT but I have 2 of these cards and 129K miles , but where is the sweet spot? I see large YQ etc EX JFK or ATH J that I must be missing out on where is the value
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Sorry OT but I have 2 of these cards and 129K miles , but where is the sweet spot? I see large YQ etc EX JFK or ATH J that I must be missing out on where is the value
if you are willing to pay the Taxes you can get some decent seats on lufthansa. Last i used the miles for 2 seats for my wife and son from Zurich to LAX in J, on Swiss airlines, taxes were around $200 each.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.