Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:29 am
jk2

Originally Posted by Brugge
Not at all happy to see this:

"This offer is available to first-time cardmembers only"

Has anyone gotten a second sign up bonus on an app with this language?
Both wife and myself applied for this card month ago (when first link was alive). Statement closed yesterday and 50K posted. This is our 3rd card (previous were cancelled before applying) during last 2 years. Unfortunately, I didn't read T&C, so I cannot say if "first-time cardmember" condition was there or not.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

WAIT, did they just change their T/Cs ?

The phrase I quoted above isn't there anymore, instead now it says:

"(2) Award miles as Welcome Bonus: Applicants approved for the Premier World MasterCard with $79 Annual Fee will receive twenty thousand (20,000) award miles after the first use of their new account for a Purchase (that is not later returned or rescinded) and payment of the Annual Fee. Award miles will be sent to Miles & More at the close of your billing statement after qualifying transaction(s) have been posted. Award miles may be forfeited if the Annual Fee is later waived or rescinded.

Additional award miles: Applicants approved for the Premier World MasterCard with $79 Annual Fee will receive an additional thirty thousand (30,000) award miles after using their new account for five thousand dollars ($5,000) or more in net retail Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) within ninety (90) days of account opening and payment of the Annual Fee. Award miles may be forfeited if the Annual Fee is later waived or rescinded.

This one-time thirty-thousand (30,000) additional award miles offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with a new account only. Existing cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer."

So at least 20K miles for anyone who is approved. And in the past Citi has had language like the last paragraph, which turned out to only mean that each new card was a new account. So possibly this just means you can't have an account open when applying for a second one, and can't ask for an upgrade to a 50K bonus on a card you have open that only had a 20K bonus with the app you used ?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jk2
Both wife and myself applied for this card month ago (when first link was alive). Statement closed yesterday and 50K posted. This is our 3rd card (previous were cancelled before applying) during last 2 years. Unfortunately, I didn't read T&C, so I cannot say if "first-time cardmember" condition was there or not.
The language at this time , is not enforced .
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
The language at this time , is not enforced .
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for that... ^
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:14 pm

Applied and was rejected without a credit pull due to having this card previously. Called recon and they immediately saw I had this card closed in April. I did PC the card to a Barclays Rewards card before closing.

It seems Barclays is now tracking the card history for prior cardmembers.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:10 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by brc01
Applied and was rejected without a credit pull due to having this card previously. Called recon and they immediately saw I had this card closed in April. I did PC the card to a Barclays Rewards card before closing.

Interesting - that must be a very recent change.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Interesting - that must be a very recent change.
I got my second one around last Thanksgiving. The previous one had been closed for a year or so.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott

Did you use the same FFN?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:52 pm

After I closed this card it remained in my online profile for a period of months, perhaps as many as six, before it disappeared.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else

That language has always been around. I have churned this card once a year for the last three years. I would close the old account 1 month before opening the new one. Never had an issue. Getting ready to churn again here in the next month or so. Hopefully this offer is still around.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
WAIT, did they just change their T/Cs ?

So at least 20K miles for anyone who is approved. And in the past Citi has had language like the last paragraph, which turned out to only mean that each new card was a new account. So possibly this just means you can't have an account open when applying for a second one, and can't ask for an upgrade to a 50K bonus on a card you have open that only had a 20K bonus with the app you used ?
Actually if you click on the "Pricing and Terms" icon on the landing page, the pop-up window will say the following under Welcome Bonus:

"Premier World Miles & More MasterCard cardmembers will receive 35,000 bonus miles upon the first use of your new Account for a purchase within the first 90 days and after the annual fee(if applicable) has been paid."

So even if they disallow the bonus 30K after the $5K spend because of the first-time verbage, you may have a case for these 35K.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by eknock007
That language has always been around. I have churned this card once a year for the last three years. I would close the old account 1 month before opening the new one. Never had an issue. Getting ready to churn again here in the next month or so. Hopefully this offer is still around.
Originally Posted by eknock007
Actually if you click on the "Pricing and Terms" icon on the landing page, the pop-up window will say the following under Welcome Bonus:

"Premier World Miles & More MasterCard cardmembers will receive 35,000 bonus miles upon the first use of your new Account for a purchase within the first 90 days and after the annual fee(if applicable) has been paid."

So even if they disallow the bonus 30K after the $5K spend because of the first-time verbage, you may have a case for these 35K.
I'm hoping your first post is the more appropriate one. I've already gotten my second MM card, and am most of the way thru the extra MS to qualify for another (O/W) LH FC TATL award. DW hasn't gotten her second one yet, and we waiting for a few more months to pass since her last US Air app before she applies for the MM card.

Having enough miles for one award isn't going to do me much good, as we aren't about to buy a LH FC ticket, and there's no way I'm getting away with sending her home on AA while I go LH.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:15 pm

My 1st statement closed with only 35,006 miles, with the spend met for $5006. Somehow the 1st purchase bonus of 20,000 miles did not post. Is this normal? Or should I call?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
My 1st statement closed with only 35,006 miles, with the spend met for $5006. Somehow the 1st purchase bonus of 20,000 miles did not post. Is this normal? Or should I call?
I noticed the same thing. I went back and re-read the T&C's, and it states that you get the 20K after 1st spend AND paying the annual fee. So, I look at my first statement, and the fee was not on it. It is showing now in my current activity. So best guess, the 20K will process this coming statement. I will wait for the next statement before I get concerned and call.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Chuckles
I noticed the same thing. I went back and re-read the T&C's, and it states that you get the 20K after 1st spend AND paying the annual fee. So, I look at my first statement, and the fee was not on it. It is showing now in my current activity. So best guess, the 20K will process this coming statement. I will wait for the next statement before I get concerned and call.
I think my fees was billed up front - days after the card was approved! (Paid it already - within weeks/1 month of application date)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.