Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by EtoileFilante
What's the best current offer on this card? This thread is pretty old...
The current offer is pathetic. Thus the dearth of recent posts. But several times a year, for a month or so each time, the offer is raised to 50K miles. So either watch the blogs (heresy, I know) or just keep checking with Barclays until you see the 50K offer reappear. Then apply quickly before it goes away.

If you currently have a Barclays card of any sort, doing regular spending on it will greatly increase your odds of being approved for a LH card when the offer does reappear. Barclays likes people to use their cards, and rewards people who do that with more cards.

Also be aware that LH miles expire after 3 years, and the ONLY way to prevent that is to charge something on the card EVERY billing period. Miss just one time, and the 3 years from originally posting policy kicks in.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Brugge
Also be aware that LH miles expire after 3 years, and the ONLY way to prevent that is to charge something on the card EVERY billing period. Miss just one time, and the 3 years from originally posting policy kicks in.
These rigid expiration policies really annoy me.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It'd be great to have an "alert" system in place, to notify if the 50K promo kicks in again.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
It'd be great to have an "alert" system in place, to notify if the 50K promo kicks in again.
Yes it would, but I don't know of any way to do that. I'm afraid all you can do is check back on this thread once a week or so. When you click on this thread, and see 3 or 4 "unread" pages of posts, you'll know it's back up.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
These rigid expiration policies really annoy me.
Well, that's true for all of us. My suggestion would be to put something with a monthly charge on auto-pay with the card. Netflix or something like that. Then you won't have to remember to use it. In my case, it's a moot point. My sign up bonus was 50K points, and it takes 85K points for a first class award for US-Europe. So I've got a lot of regular spend to do to meet that. Luckily I've got several very hungry RedBirds to feed.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Yes it would, but I don't know of any way to do that. I'm afraid all you can do is check back on this thread once a week or so. When you click on this thread, and see 3 or 4 "unread" pages of posts, you'll know it's back up.
In case this helps, you can monitor a page for changes using this:

https://www.changedetection.com/

I'll trying it out by setting one for the following pages:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...eid=2073359900
www.BarclaycardUS.com/milesandmore

However, it may not work since a 50k offer might show up at some other specific link.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
grizzam sent me this link for a 50K offer:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...cellNumber=23&
Old May 1, 2015, 12:42 pm

The 50k is public on Barclay's site now.

$5k spend, $79 AF not waived, companion pass included.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:14 pm

technical issues

applied and got "technical issues" message, which I have received before from Barclays but when I check application status no record of my application, not sure what's up
Old May 1, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I believe the alert system is called 'bloggers'
Old May 2, 2015, 6:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I am a current card holder.. of course I would love to take advantage of the increased sign up bonus... is this going to be possible?

i.e. Can I apply for another one while keep this current or can I cancel my current one today and apply for another one. I think that the T and C says something about a 6 month period between bonuses but does that mean I need to wait 6 months between canceling and applying for a new card?

thanks
FDW
Old May 2, 2015, 7:40 am

repeat bonuses

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I am a current card holder.. of course I would love to take advantage of the increased sign up bonus... is this going to be possible?

i.e. Can I apply for another one while keep this current or can I cancel my current one today and apply for another one. I think that the T and C says something about a 6 month period between bonuses but does that mean I need to wait 6 months between canceling and applying for a new card?

thanks
FDW
I was able to get the bonus twice after I cancelled my first card and waited about a month. However, I have been unable to get a third bonus my last two apps, even after waiting a year, the system now recognizes me as a previous cardholder and auto denies. Good luck.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:36 am

I am a US AIr car holder and Barclays has denied me twice for another US air card, any chance that I can get the Lufthansa card? I have never had it in the past. I have a lot of HPs but Chase and Citi keep giving me more cards.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:38 pm

Expiration Date?

I could swear I saw the expiration date for this current 50K offer, but I can't find it now. Anyone know?
Old May 2, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
I'm going through the T&C, and see that this offer is invalid in Iowa. Does that happen often with offers like this? I'm not an Iowan, just curious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.