Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old May 23, 2013, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
It seems like the full $5,000 spend didn't post to your credit card account in time.
Well I am still perplexed. I only spent about 6K on the card. So I can see maybe where that 6K came from (spending). But I have no clue why the other 18 to 19k of miles are for.

Nevermind...found out the answer. Apparently this card is 20k first use and an additional 30k after $5k spend in first 90 days. I will see the 30k in next statement

Last edited by EWRfflyer; May 23, 2013 at 2:17 pm Reason: found answer
Old May 24, 2013, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arcticbull
UA is now selling their old 3-cabin flights as 2-cabin, since you're re-configuring towards a 2-cabin layout. Elites can pick seats in the old First section, then, if I recall correctly, everyone in Business can at check-in. Check in with the folks in the UA forum.
Yes this is correct. As a 1K, on a BF ticket, I'm currently able to select seats in the F cabin on post June 6 flights.

Responding further to the OP, not all aircraft will be reconfigured as of June 6. There will be a lengthy transition period during which both versions will be in use. If you're on an old 3 cabin aircraft, seats in the F cabin will be allocated per above. IMO, the new configuration, with all lay flat and AVOD, is preferable. But the old ps three cabin layout is still pretty nice (for a domestic flight) in both J and F. Lounge access is still included.
Old May 24, 2013, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes this is correct. As a 1K, on a BF ticket, I'm currently able to select seats in the F cabin on post June 6 flights.

Responding further to the OP, not all aircraft will be reconfigured as of June 6. There will be a lengthy transition period during which both versions will be in use. If you're on an old 3 cabin aircraft, seats in the F cabin will be allocated per above. IMO, the new configuration, with all lay flat and AVOD, is preferable. But the old ps three cabin layout is still pretty nice (for a domestic flight) in both J and F. Lounge access is still included.
Nice to hear successful reports of booking post June 6 as well - wondered if avail would start to dry up with the smaller premium cabin.
Old May 24, 2013, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Nice to hear successful reports of booking post June 6 as well - wondered if avail would start to dry up with the smaller premium cabin.
Confirmed R both directions at booking on a sub-$300 fare in early September
Old May 25, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Tempted to sign up only because I just found my 19-year-old M&M card from when I was a wee one
Old May 30, 2013, 1:58 pm

Question

What is this about a temp number changing to a full time number after there are miles? On my Barclays app I put the number I was given when I signed up for the Miles n More program...Is that the number I should've given? Will my miles get into the account?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:38 pm

Anyone?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by michael21
What is this about a temp number changing to a full time number after there are miles? On my Barclays app I put the number I was given when I signed up for the Miles n More program...Is that the number I should've given? Will my miles get into the account?
I think you have a temporary card, not a temporary number. You should be fine.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Initially you get a number starting with 9999, which is the tempoary membership card number. Once miles come into the account you will sent a regular card with a 9920 number and a PIN to access your account online or make bookings on the phone.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:31 am

anyone have any info on retentions? Will they waive the fee next year? or is there a card to downgrade to in a year per se?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by bgallthat1
anyone have any info on retentions? Will they waive the fee next year? or is there a card to downgrade to in a year per se?
Their retention offers are usually $30 or so. Not worth the time and effort IMHO.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gv111
Their retention offers are usually $30 or so. Not worth the time and effort IMHO.
They'll be in for some surprises next year. And the M&M call center in LA will be scratching its head over all these sudden United domestic redemptions...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
And the M&M call center in LA will be scratching its head over all these sudden United domestic redemptions...
The call center is in YPQ, just outside of Toronto... outside of US business hours its in one of these places

http://www.globaltelesales.com/

And CC agents never scratch their heads...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:55 pm

Now What? I was rejected

Just got off the phone with reconsideration and I was rejected for the first time in the past 2 years.

They said I had 14 new cards in the past 2 years and 6 in the last year open.
Said income was not a factor but the level of new cards being opened. In fact it was much more than that, but I kept that quiet.

What would the next step be, call again and get someone else or ask for a supervisor.
Alternatives?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by jrreynolds
Just got off the phone with reconsideration and I was rejected for the first time in the past 2 years.

They said I had 14 new cards in the past 2 years and 6 in the last year open.
Said income was not a factor but the level of new cards being opened. In fact it was much more than that, but I kept that quiet.

What would the next step be, call again and get someone else or ask for a supervisor.
Alternatives?
I had a similar situation and spoke to 2 analysts and a supervisor - no go. My suggestion is to wait till early 2014 so that the new accounts are older and have good history. At least that is what I am planning to do. US Bank is also a similar story although I might be able to get it through my spouse.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.