Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old May 6, 2019, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by muflyer
I have the $79 Annual fee Lufthansa card. I was recently charged by annual fee and like the card for preserving my LH miles, but otherwise, don't use it much. I recently contacted Barclay's and it sounds like there is possibly an option to downgrade to the no annual fee. If I do drop down to that card and continue to use it monthly, can I preserve my Miles (and More) from expiring? Thanks
No. the no-fee card won't preserve your LH miles from expiring...

The barclays phone agent assured me that the miles can be preserved with the downgraded card, but she is wrong. I was shocked to see my account started showing 55+ K miles are set to expire at the end of the year so i called M&M customer service line, M&M phone agent told me i would need to have the world-elite mastercard (annual fee version) to preserve the miles.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
After several repeated attempts at continuing to churn the LH M&M card I conclude this one is effectively dead. Closed the account last May, applied several times, month apart, with 50 / 60K links. Got denied every time, the letter states "our records show you've already established the maximum allowable number of this product". Called in every time, saying that the old LH M&M account is closed, they say that's right, but it needs to have been closed for 24 months, then you can apply again. Effectively, they are now enforcing the same rules as for the Aviator card for the LH M&M card. Which sucks, because there are no other LH M&M earning cards with a bonus.

Another one bites the dust ...
i applied recently, and was declined bc previously have had the product. when i called in, recon said i need to wait 24 months from the time i last cancelled the card. so it's the same msg as you.

but according to recon, i dont get a HP for this kind of application denial. so i guess that's the silver lining.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone know if getting the card will make miles set to expire, not expire? Assuming keeping up with the requirements with the new cards
Old May 24, 2019, 6:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you have the credit card and use it regularly any miles on your account linked to the credit card will not expire.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:40 pm

If approved for this card in Sep, would it preserve miles set to expire in Dec? I believe T&C's say something about 3 months.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The moment you use the card the miles on the account are preserved. Just make sure you are using it and generating a statement each month.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:11 pm

Any DP's lately on how hard the 24 months since closing rule is? TIA
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:49 pm

Offer upped to 75k after 20k spend:

Begin your exclusive journey to the highest Welcome Bonus yet with a simple click. Apply for your Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard®, and for a limited time only, earn up to 75,000 award miles. Earn award miles every day with all your purchases, and redeem your miles for flight tickets.

It works like this

1. Apply for the Miles & More World Elite Mastercard today.1
  2. Spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 90 days to earn 50,000 award miles, and pay the annual fee.2
  3. Earn an additional 25,000 award miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first year.2
Award Miles as a Welcome Bonus: Applicants approved for the World Elite Mastercard with $89 Annual Fee will receive 50,000 award miles after spending $3,000 or more in Net Retail purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) within 90 days of account opening and have paid the Annual Fee on the account (and such fee is not waived or rescinded). An additional 25,000 award miles will be awarded after spending $20,000 or more in Net Retail purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) within 365 days of account opening. Award miles will be sent to Miles & More at the close of your billing statement after qualifying transaction(s) have been posted. These one-time award miles bonus offers are valid for first-time cardmembers with a new account only. Existing cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Got this card one day before promo changed

and barclay won't give me the better promo, very not happy.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
bonus offers are valid for first-time cardmembers with a new account only
Any DP's on if this is actually enforced? I know I had the LH card.....but it was several years ago. Any DP's how far their lookback goes? If not, I'll be the guinea pig soon......
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by flyer1990
Any DP's on if this is actually enforced? I know I had the LH card.....but it was several years ago. Any DP's how far their lookback goes? If not, I'll be the guinea pig soon......
Is it soon yet?

Just got an email from MM, 50K after $3K spend in 3 months, 25K more miles after $20K spend in the first year. But then there is this:

"You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program."

"May not..."?

I've had this card twice before, but not for several years. Doing the spend for enough miles for a LH FC award, plus the surcharges is expensive enough on it's own. But I really don't want to pay the $95 AF and the $3K spend, and not get any bonus miles at all. Assuming Barclays will approve me anyway, since I'm at LOL/24. Any DPs?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:42 pm

Hey Robert -- I did end up trying but the problem was I'm also LOL/24 and all that and the application went pending for further review for about a week but was ultimately declined as I expected. Problem is I've been hitting the grAAvy train for the last two years so while well worth it, I have a trillion accounts opened and closed within a month or so..........

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Is it soon yet?

Just got an email from MM, 50K after $3K spend in 3 months, 25K more miles after $20K spend in the first year. But then there is this:

"You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program."

"May not..."?

I've had this card twice before, but not for several years. Doing the spend for enough miles for a LH FC award, plus the surcharges is expensive enough on it's own. But I really don't want to pay the $95 AF and the $3K spend, and not get any bonus miles at all. Assuming Barclays will approve me anyway, since I'm at LOL/24. Any DPs?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by flyer1990
Hey Robert -- I did end up trying but the problem was I'm also LOL/24 and all that and the application went pending for further review for about a week but was ultimately declined as I expected. Problem is I've been hitting the grAAvy train for the last two years so while well worth it, I have a trillion accounts opened and closed within a month or so..........
Exactly a "trillion" accounts? OP on the Barclays Radisson thread said he was approved for a Radisson Business card, I assume more difficult to get approved than a personal card, at 24/24. But of course, a 'trillion" would be a different matter.

Rereading your post, what sticks out is the "accounts opened and closed" part. I wonder if that's a part of it? I try to keep my accounts open for a year, but as with you, and the grAAvy train apps, I'm closer to 8 months now.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Exactly a "trillion" accounts? OP on the Barclays Radisson thread said he was approved for a Radisson Business card, I assume more difficult to get approved than a personal card, at 24/24. But of course, a 'trillion" would be a different matter.

Rereading your post, what sticks out is the "accounts opened and closed" part. I wonder if that's a part of it? I try to keep my accounts open for a year, but as with you, and the grAAvy train apps, I'm closer to 8 months now.
Radisson is US Bank and they handle things differently from Barclays. And in addition you compare business vs private card.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Radisson is US Bank and they handle things differently from Barclays. And in addition you compare business vs private card.
("Darn") ! So wanted that DP to make me hopeful. Still, my long term history with USB is good.

We have a European Radisson Blu where the ocean view balcony room is 105K points, or almost $500 a night. So we can only afford to stay there for 4 days if we both get personal cards, and business cards too. I feel like I'm grasping at straws here. But hope springs eternal in the hear of a churner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.