Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 1, 18, 11:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: pgary
Wiki Link
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jul 30, 18, 1:27 am
  #601  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,400
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
Its seems there has been a shift lately in Barclays approval policy, we used to get approved once every 6 months, we rotated between Aviator and Lufthansa, today another denial for a new Lufthansa app after 6 month from aviator, i don't believe Lufthansa has a 24 month restriction and the denial was not immediate, the initial screen shows "app received", moments later when i checked the status it showed it was denied, this leads me to believe the time between apps has shifted lately and i am not sure what the magic number is anymore.
Have you always been consistently approved for subsequent LH card, +6 months after applying for the previous one, as opposed to +6 months after closing the previous one?

I took the conservative approach and did it +6 months after closing the previous one, but was thinking of speeding up the next time around but maybe not...
gnomey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 18, 4:29 pm
  #602  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,006
Originally Posted by gnomey View Post
Have you always been consistently approved for subsequent LH card, +6 months after applying for the previous one, as opposed to +6 months after closing the previous one?

I took the conservative approach and did it +6 months after closing the previous one, but was thinking of speeding up the next time around but maybe not...
I was always approved 5+ months after my previous card, i was recently denied on the 5 month mark and then my wife got denied on the 6 month mark from the previous app this past weekend.
ninim2200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 18, 5:50 pm
  #603  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
I was always approved 5+ months after my previous card, i was recently denied on the 5 month mark and then my wife got denied on the 6 month mark from the previous app this past weekend.
Does the old closed card still show up on your profile? My experience is it needs to disappear (6 months after last transaction, which may be refund of AF 3 months after account closure if not explicitly requested at time of closure). If its still there the system thinks you have the product and won;t allow two of the same. Calling in recon usually doesn't help as human sees a gazillion new accounts on CR which yields a firm NYET!
wyogold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 18, 6:08 pm
  #604  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SEA
Posts: 2,309
Originally Posted by wyogold View Post
Does the old closed card still show up on your profile? My experience is it needs to disappear ..If its still there the system thinks you have the product and won;t allow two of the same.
Over the past few years, more than once I've had a closed Barclays Hawaiian Airlines card showing up together with a newly-approved Barclays Hawaiian Airlines card.
muji is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 8:48 am
  #605  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,006
Originally Posted by wyogold View Post
Does the old closed card still show up on your profile? My experience is it needs to disappear (6 months after last transaction, which may be refund of AF 3 months after account closure if not explicitly requested at time of closure). If its still there the system thinks you have the product and won;t allow two of the same. Calling in recon usually doesn't help as human sees a gazillion new accounts on CR which yields a firm NYET!
The old card does show in the account but it was never a problem before since we were approved many times with the old cards still showing in the account.
ninim2200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 9:09 am
  #606  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
The old card does show in the account but it was never a problem before since we were approved many times with the old cards still showing in the account.
This seems to have been a problem with me though. Auto approval doesn't care about lol/24, bit humans do. Did you have to call in if you applied for a card already showing in your account, out did you get auto approved?
wyogold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 9:44 am
  #607  
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 2,561
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
Its seems there has been a shift lately in Barclays approval policy, we used to get approved once every 6 months, we rotated between Aviator and Lufthansa, today another denial for a new Lufthansa app after 6 month from aviator, i don't believe Lufthansa has a 24 month restriction and the denial was not immediate, the initial screen shows "app received", moments later when i checked the status it showed it was denied, this leads me to believe the time between apps has shifted lately and i am not sure what the magic number is anymore.
Did you try a recon call?
StartinSanDiego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 18, 8:03 pm
  #608  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Posts: 2,382
I posted a 60K offer in the wiki.
muji likes this.
pgary is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:33 am
  #609  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,006
Originally Posted by wyogold View Post
This seems to have been a problem with me though. Auto approval doesn't care about lol/24, bit humans do. Did you have to call in if you applied for a card already showing in your account, out did you get auto approved?
never had to call before.
ninim2200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:35 am
  #610  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,006
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego View Post
Did you try a recon call?
we didn't get the letter yet, i am not sure if we'll call or not yet since barclays is a pain to deal with.
ninim2200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:38 am
  #611  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tri State Area
Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Posts: 1,495
Really? Had “pending” called after two days ... a few easy questions and approved with 20k line. According to what I sometimes read I expected the worst but easy peasy
blitzen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:42 am
  #612  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 28
Anyone knows how to get a hold of Barclays CEO? Need to close this card. Got approved, their system had a glitch, now asks for all sorts of prooving documents that even do not have. A rep says they can't even close the card w/out those documents. Thinking about contacting the CEO unless there are other options. Need his e-mail address.
pisistratus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 18, 10:12 am
  #613  
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 2,561
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
we didn't get the letter yet, i am not sure if we'll call or not yet since barclays is a pain to deal with.

My denial letter came. I'm denied for "The number of bankcards opened in the past 24 months."
StartinSanDiego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 18, 4:03 pm
  #614  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,006
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego View Post
My denial letter came. I'm denied for "The number of bankcards opened in the past 24 months."
Same here, we got the letter and the reason is the same as yours.
ninim2200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 18, 9:08 pm
  #615  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by pisistratus View Post
Anyone knows how to get a hold of Barclays CEO? Need to close this card. Got approved, their system had a glitch, now asks for all sorts of prooving documents that even do not have. A rep says they can't even close the card w/out those documents. Thinking about contacting the CEO unless there are other options. Need his e-mail address.
Answering my own quesiton. Current CEO's email is [email protected].
pisistratus is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: