Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 1, 18, 11:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: pgary
Wiki Link
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Feb 22, 18, 3:05 am
  #586  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 35,569
The lounge pass will work for anyone. The agent scans you BP first, then the system prompts him/her to 'scan ffp card/voucher'. Scan the code on the voucher and the light above the scanner turns green.
oliver2002 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 18, 5:10 pm
  #587  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 221
I have so many cards swimming in my head that I can't remember where I saw it -- is this the one where you don't have a full 90-days to make the $5,000 spend (I think I read somewhere that you have only 2 stmt cycles or something like that) or do you have the full 90-days?
bosboy73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 18, 5:38 am
  #588  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by bosboy73 View Post
I have so many cards swimming in my head that I can't remember where I saw it -- is this the one where you don't have a full 90-days to make the $5,000 spend (I think I read somewhere that you have only 2 stmt cycles or something like that) or do you have the full 90-days?
No, that's the TD Aeroplan card
NeYo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 18, 7:03 am
  #589  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 221
Originally Posted by NeYo View Post
No, that's the TD Aeroplan card
OK Thanks. Whew!
bosboy73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 18, 9:51 pm
  #590  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
Still churnable as of today.
wyogold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 12:12 am
  #591  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,006
Originally Posted by wyogold View Post
Still churnable as of today.
what is the history with barclay in the last 12-24 months?
ninim2200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 12:29 am
  #592  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
what is the history with barclay in the last 12-24 months?
3rd m&m in 24. Have an aviator that I keep open, churn the LH card every 6 months or so.
wyogold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 10:45 am
  #593  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Francisco & London
Programs: IHG Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 1,354
Originally Posted by wyogold View Post
Still churnable as of today.

How long ago was the last application and closure of account?
navatwal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 10:48 am
  #594  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,006
Originally Posted by wyogold View Post
3rd m&m in 24. Have an aviator that I keep open, churn the LH card every 6 months or so.
This is is a good way for doing it, i rotate between this card and the aviator.
ninim2200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 11:01 am
  #595  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by navatwal View Post
How long ago was the last application and closure of account?
Opened Aug, closed Oct '18
wyogold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 11:02 am
  #596  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
This is is a good way for doing it, i rotate between this card and the aviator.
I keep the aviator open as my long term history account, they give me 10K miles on my anniversary, and I always call in to ask for a refund on the AF and they always have given a refund.
wyogold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 7:31 pm
  #597  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,409
Originally Posted by wyogold View Post
I keep the aviator open as my long term history account, they give me 10K miles on my anniversary, and I always call in to ask for a refund on the AF and they always have given a refund.
this is a legacy benefit right? (from an older / grandfathered card). bc i think the aviator red doesnt give 10k miles on anniversary, it gives 10% rebate in AA miles for award redemption

have you been successful in getting both LH and Aviator Red at the same time? on 6-monthly intervals? or do you not do Aviator Red at all
gnomey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 7:41 pm
  #598  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by gnomey View Post
this is a legacy benefit right? (from an older / grandfathered card). bc i think the aviator red doesnt give 10k miles on anniversary, it gives 10% rebate in AA miles for award redemption

have you been successful in getting both LH and Aviator Red at the same time? on 6-monthly intervals? or do you not do Aviator Red at all
​​​​​​
it is an older aviator. I think it was original a us airways. Barclay will only do one card / 6 months so I stick with the m&m for churning as I get more AA miles than I can burn from Citi
wyogold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 18, 9:36 pm
  #599  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,006
Its seems there has been a shift lately in Barclays approval policy, we used to get approved once every 6 months, we rotated between Aviator and Lufthansa, today another denial for a new Lufthansa app after 6 month from aviator, i don't believe Lufthansa has a 24 month restriction and the denial was not immediate, the initial screen shows "app received", moments later when i checked the status it showed it was denied, this leads me to believe the time between apps has shifted lately and i am not sure what the magic number is anymore.
ninim2200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 18, 10:29 pm
  #600  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
Its seems there has been a shift lately in Barclays approval policy, we used to get approved once every 6 months, we rotated between Aviator and Lufthansa, today another denial for a new Lufthansa app after 6 month from aviator, i don't believe Lufthansa has a 24 month restriction and the denial was not immediate, the initial screen shows "app received", moments later when i checked the status it showed it was denied, this leads me to believe the time between apps has shifted lately and i am not sure what the magic number is anymore.
I got approved a couple weeks ago for an arrival+ 3 months after opening and closing a m&m. Never had the arrival, though. Wife unit got rejected for too many new accounts, even though our numbers and dates are about the same
wyogold is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: