Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
100% churnable within the usual Barclaycard parameters. If you close the account, it will take 6 months to disappear from your online accounts lising, which cannot be accelerated. If you apply in those 6 months, you will likely get rejected because the system thinks you already have this product. Call in to point out it's a closed account after rejection letter, and you'll manually get approved if otherwise OK.
This information is not accurate, we have had many automatic approval of this card while the canceled card still shows in the account, the trick is to apply every 5-6 months, cancel the card after 3 months, make sure that the relationship with barclay is always establish by having other barclay cards open.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
This information is not accurate, we have had many automatic approval of this card
That's why I said *likely* 😁
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:28 am

100% churnable within the usual Barclaycard parameters. If you close the account, it will take 6 months to disappear from your online accounts lising, which cannot be accelerated. If you apply in those 6 months, you will likely get rejected because the system thinks you already have this product. Call in to point out it's a closed account after rejection letter, and you'll manually get approved if otherwise OK.
hmm. i thought there was someone here that applied and got approved in < 6 months post-cancellation? maybe i was wrong. was that you, ninim2200?

Originally Posted by ninim2200
This information is not accurate, we have had many automatic approval of this card while the canceled card still shows in the account, the trick is to apply every 5-6 months, cancel the card after 3 months, make sure that the relationship with barclay is always establish by having other barclay cards open.
based on what you say here is it A or B?

A
Month 1 - apply card
Month 4 - cancel card
Month 7 - apply card again

B
Month 1 - apply card
Month 4 - cancel card
Month 10 - apply card again

Only B will obey the rule wyogold says. But it sounds like you (ninim2200) are talking about A instead?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
hmm. i thought there was someone here that applied and got approved in < 6 months post-cancellation? maybe i was wrong. was that you, ninim2200?

A
Month 1 - apply card
Month 4 - cancel card

B
Month 1 - apply card
Month 4 - cancel card

Only B will obey the rule wyogold says. But it sounds like you (ninim2200) are talking about A instead?
Definitely option A
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:33 am

A
Month 1 - apply card
Month 4 - cancel card

B
Month 1 - apply card
Month 4 - cancel card

Go for option A, you might get declined based on BC's IT thinking you already have the card, if it happens, just call in and say I don't, CSR will likely manually approve. Unless you're allergic against calling in, that's the better route (more apps / time period)

You can even accelerate and cancel at month 2, decent chance you'll get AF refund

Last edited by wyogold; Dec 8, 2017 at 8:44 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:55 am

Also, this is true. I've gotten away with 5 months, but 6 months is more certain
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by navatwal So I got the declined letter in mail today:

The exact reason being:

"Our records show that you've already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us - Please let us know immediately if you did not apply for or receive this product previously.
A credit bureau report was not used in making this determination"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had this card twice in 4 years - trying to understand if there is a hidden policy in place.

-------I WAS "NOT" APPROVED FOR the barclay WYNDHAM card because I had the same card IN PAST--
opened in JAN. 14 2016 -cancelled it in May - 2016
opened 2nd card DEC 4 2016 cancelledit May 2017 ---
APPLIED Nov 10 2017 -rejected --
called a few times got same reply -- you have had this card and "need to wait 24 months"--- I THINK I have had most Barcclay cards anywhwere 2 to 5 times - mostly auto approved - never waited more than 6 months to repeat a card

no credit pull on last try
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:35 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SPLP007
[...] cancelledit May 2017 ---
APPLIED Nov 10 2017 -rejected --
I suspect that only these two dates matter here and your statement cycle was such that less than a full six months had passed between your account status switching to "closed" and your new application.

Some people have reported success after five months. I suspect this is a case of statement cycle dates working in their favour. I wouldn't chance it and don't really see why anyone would. Unless you never apply for Chase cards, one M&M application every 18 months or so is enough as part of a broader strategy.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Unless you never apply for Chase cards, one M&M application every 18 months or so is enough as part of a broader strategy.
Or unless M&M miles are especially useful for you personally and 110K miles per year are a sweet deal. Also a lot of us are LOL/24 and don't really bother with chase anymore, opportunity cost of getting to sub 5/24 is too high for us.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:05 pm

Or unless M&M miles are especially useful for you personally and 110K miles per year are a sweet deal. Also a lot of us are LOL/24 and don't really bother with chase anymore, opportunity cost of getting to sub 5/24 is too high for us.
Been doing this for a long,long tilme-impossible for me to get to 5/24 so that I can get a chase card-- I would need to give up to much
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Business Lounge certificates. Why can't I find these in my account online? Can someone point me in the right direction on this?

I'm assuming these are only per person, no guesting?

I also assume they expire after one year. I have two from my initial card year and just about coming up on the anniversary and trying to decide if I keep the card. We've got a fairly long layover in August in FRA and there are three of us. I was hoping I could use the new ones and one of the old ones, I assume not? I also wondered if they can only be used by the primary card holder and not given to a guest?

Seems that the Amex Plat benefit is only MUC still, too bad FRA doesn't have the benefit.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:02 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Business Lounge certificates. Why can't I find these in my account online?
I recently received certificates and they were available from my M&M inbox as PDFs:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...count/my_inbox

I'm assuming these are only per person, no guesting?

I also assume they expire after one year.
Yes; yes.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:12 pm

This Lufthansa Business Lounge Voucher is valid for the primary Miles & More Prime World Mastercard by Resurs Bank cardmember or a travel companion for one (1) visit to Lufthansa Business Lounges worldwide. Each lounge voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of delivery to the cardmember's personal Miles & More account in "My in-box" or until redeemed for a single entry. For admittance to the Lufthansa Business Lounges, your valid lounge voucher (printed or online) and your boarding pass for a same-day departing flight operated by a Lufthansa Group Carrier (Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Germanwings, Eurowings) must be presented. The sale as well as the offer for auction of the lounge voucher to a third party is prohibited. Lounge voucher cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. All Lufthansa Business Lounge rules will apply.

--------------

it looks like the biz lounge voucher can only be used by the primary card holder of the barclays m&m card - how do they verify this? does the card holder name pop up on the lounge receptionist screen when you scan bar code? i dont see my name printed on the biz lounge voucher.

and i think, you can use the biz lounge voucher for another person, but only when you (card holder) are present together with that person. it doesnt appear as if the other person can just use your lounge voucher without you being there.

was thinking of letting my friends/family use them on their travels, but looks like not possible.
(esp since if i redeem J ticket, i can already be admitted into the lounge as it is)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:11 pm

it looks like the biz lounge voucher can only be used by the primary card holder of the barclays m&m card - how do they verify this? does the card holder name pop up on the lounge receptionist screen when you scan bar code? i dont see my name printed on the biz lounge voucher.

and i think, you can use the biz lounge voucher for another person, but only when you (card holder) are present together with that person. it doesnt appear as if the other person can just use your lounge voucher without you being there.

was thinking of letting my friends/family use them on their travels, but looks like not possible.
(esp since if i redeem J ticket, i can already be admitted into the lounge as it is)
Others can use lounge pass. I've emailed them to my parents, who printed them out and used them without me.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:18 pm

Others can use lounge pass. I've emailed them to my parents, who printed them out and used them without me.
perfect, thanks !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.