Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 1, 18, 11:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: pgary
Wiki Link
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jun 4, 15, 8:29 am
  #286  
jk2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,412
Originally Posted by Brugge View Post
Not at all happy to see this:

"This offer is available to first-time cardmembers only"

Has anyone gotten a second sign up bonus on an app with this language?
Both wife and myself applied for this card month ago (when first link was alive). Statement closed yesterday and 50K posted. This is our 3rd card (previous were cancelled before applying) during last 2 years. Unfortunately, I didn't read T&C, so I cannot say if "first-time cardmember" condition was there or not.
jk2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 15, 9:55 am
  #287  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 3,677
Originally Posted by Brugge View Post
Not at all happy to see this:

"This offer is available to first-time cardmembers only"

Has anyone gotten a second sign up bonus on an app with this language?
WAIT, did they just change their T/Cs ?

The phrase I quoted above isn't there anymore, instead now it says:

"(2) Award miles as Welcome Bonus: Applicants approved for the Premier World MasterCard with $79 Annual Fee will receive twenty thousand (20,000) award miles after the first use of their new account for a Purchase (that is not later returned or rescinded) and payment of the Annual Fee. Award miles will be sent to Miles & More at the close of your billing statement after qualifying transaction(s) have been posted. Award miles may be forfeited if the Annual Fee is later waived or rescinded.

Additional award miles: Applicants approved for the Premier World MasterCard with $79 Annual Fee will receive an additional thirty thousand (30,000) award miles after using their new account for five thousand dollars ($5,000) or more in net retail Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) within ninety (90) days of account opening and payment of the Annual Fee. Award miles may be forfeited if the Annual Fee is later waived or rescinded.

This one-time thirty-thousand (30,000) additional award miles offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with a new account only. Existing cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer."

So at least 20K miles for anyone who is approved. And in the past Citi has had language like the last paragraph, which turned out to only mean that each new card was a new account. So possibly this just means you can't have an account open when applying for a second one, and can't ask for an upgrade to a 50K bonus on a card you have open that only had a 20K bonus with the app you used ?
Brugge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 15, 9:59 am
  #288  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 1,483
Originally Posted by jk2 View Post
Both wife and myself applied for this card month ago (when first link was alive). Statement closed yesterday and 50K posted. This is our 3rd card (previous were cancelled before applying) during last 2 years. Unfortunately, I didn't read T&C, so I cannot say if "first-time cardmember" condition was there or not.
The language at this time , is not enforced .
PETERPNYC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 15, 9:28 am
  #289  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 3,677
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC View Post
The language at this time , is not enforced .
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for that...
Brugge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 15, 3:14 pm
  #290  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: DEN
Posts: 291
Applied and was rejected without a credit pull due to having this card previously. Called recon and they immediately saw I had this card closed in April. I did PC the card to a Barclays Rewards card before closing.

It seems Barclays is now tracking the card history for prior cardmembers.
brc01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 15, 5:10 pm
  #291  
Used to be highman123
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,610
Originally Posted by brc01 View Post
Applied and was rejected without a credit pull due to having this card previously. Called recon and they immediately saw I had this card closed in April. I did PC the card to a Barclays Rewards card before closing.

It seems Barclays is now tracking the card history for prior cardmembers.
Interesting - that must be a very recent change.
MightyTravels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 15, 8:42 am
  #292  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 3,677
Originally Posted by MightyTravels View Post
Interesting - that must be a very recent change.
I got my second one around last Thanksgiving. The previous one had been closed for a year or so.
Brugge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 15, 11:06 am
  #293  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Posts: 833
Originally Posted by brc01 View Post
Applied and was rejected without a credit pull due to having this card previously. Called recon and they immediately saw I had this card closed in April. I did PC the card to a Barclays Rewards card before closing.

It seems Barclays is now tracking the card history for prior cardmembers.
Did you use the same FFN?
MVF Trekker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 15, 10:52 pm
  #294  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by brc01 View Post
Applied and was rejected without a credit pull due to having this card previously. Called recon and they immediately saw I had this card closed in April. I did PC the card to a Barclays Rewards card before closing.

It seems Barclays is now tracking the card history for prior cardmembers.
After I closed this card it remained in my online profile for a period of months, perhaps as many as six, before it disappeared.
mrmandel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 15, 10:46 am
  #295  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LAX
Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Posts: 564
Originally Posted by Brugge View Post
Not at all happy to see this:

"This offer is available to first-time cardmembers only"

Has anyone gotten a second sign up bonus on an app with this language?
That language has always been around. I have churned this card once a year for the last three years. I would close the old account 1 month before opening the new one. Never had an issue. Getting ready to churn again here in the next month or so. Hopefully this offer is still around.
eknock007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 15, 11:07 am
  #296  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LAX
Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Posts: 564
Originally Posted by Brugge View Post
WAIT, did they just change their T/Cs ?

So at least 20K miles for anyone who is approved. And in the past Citi has had language like the last paragraph, which turned out to only mean that each new card was a new account. So possibly this just means you can't have an account open when applying for a second one, and can't ask for an upgrade to a 50K bonus on a card you have open that only had a 20K bonus with the app you used ?
Actually if you click on the "Pricing and Terms" icon on the landing page, the pop-up window will say the following under Welcome Bonus:

"Premier World Miles & More MasterCard cardmembers will receive 35,000 bonus miles upon the first use of your new Account for a purchase within the first 90 days and after the annual fee(if applicable) has been paid."

So even if they disallow the bonus 30K after the $5K spend because of the first-time verbage, you may have a case for these 35K.
eknock007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 15, 11:54 am
  #297  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 3,677
Originally Posted by eknock007 View Post
That language has always been around. I have churned this card once a year for the last three years. I would close the old account 1 month before opening the new one. Never had an issue. Getting ready to churn again here in the next month or so. Hopefully this offer is still around.
Originally Posted by eknock007 View Post
Actually if you click on the "Pricing and Terms" icon on the landing page, the pop-up window will say the following under Welcome Bonus:

"Premier World Miles & More MasterCard cardmembers will receive 35,000 bonus miles upon the first use of your new Account for a purchase within the first 90 days and after the annual fee(if applicable) has been paid."

So even if they disallow the bonus 30K after the $5K spend because of the first-time verbage, you may have a case for these 35K.
I'm hoping your first post is the more appropriate one. I've already gotten my second MM card, and am most of the way thru the extra MS to qualify for another (O/W) LH FC TATL award. DW hasn't gotten her second one yet, and we waiting for a few more months to pass since her last US Air app before she applies for the MM card.

Having enough miles for one award isn't going to do me much good, as we aren't about to buy a LH FC ticket, and there's no way I'm getting away with sending her home on AA while I go LH.
Brugge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 15, 7:15 pm
  #298  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 474
My 1st statement closed with only 35,006 miles, with the spend met for $5006. Somehow the 1st purchase bonus of 20,000 miles did not post. Is this normal? Or should I call?
bobby21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 15, 1:40 pm
  #299  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: LAX
Posts: 646
Originally Posted by bobby21 View Post
My 1st statement closed with only 35,006 miles, with the spend met for $5006. Somehow the 1st purchase bonus of 20,000 miles did not post. Is this normal? Or should I call?
I noticed the same thing. I went back and re-read the T&C's, and it states that you get the 20K after 1st spend AND paying the annual fee. So, I look at my first statement, and the fee was not on it. It is showing now in my current activity. So best guess, the 20K will process this coming statement. I will wait for the next statement before I get concerned and call.
Chuckles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 15, 2:11 pm
  #300  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Posts: 7,730
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
I noticed the same thing. I went back and re-read the T&C's, and it states that you get the 20K after 1st spend AND paying the annual fee. So, I look at my first statement, and the fee was not on it. It is showing now in my current activity. So best guess, the 20K will process this coming statement. I will wait for the next statement before I get concerned and call.
I think my fees was billed up front - days after the card was approved! (Paid it already - within weeks/1 month of application date)
SuperFlyBoy is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread