Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:24 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by Brugge
Barclays is not as easy to deal with at Recon as Chase and Citi, and it definitely doesn't work to call over and over. But I don't see the harm in calling at least once. But since you already have one open, I doubt you will get approved for another one. I tried the "I need one for personal, and one for business" approach for a second US card, and got nowhere.
EDIT: I just got a letter from Barclays that the reason for decline was something like that "you are established the max allowance of this product with us. The credit report wasn't used."

So, it seems that since they didn't pull a credit report, they first checked if I currently have this product - wasn't an issue 8 months ago, when I got my second usair mc while first one was opened. It seems they changed the procedure.

I didn't call - if credit report wasn't used, it means that for recon they will pull it and I have too many recent apps - which wouldn't work in my favor.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:51 pm

looks like an awesome deal! Too bad I just finished a round of applications.

Don't want to get too caught up. That and I can't transfer them and combine them with united miles :/
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
EDIT: I just got a letter from Barclays that the reason for decline was something like that "you are established the max allowance of this product with us. The credit report wasn't used."

So, it seems that since they didn't pull a credit report, they first checked if I currently have this product - wasn't an issue 8 months ago, when I got my second usair mc while first one was opened. It seems they changed the procedure.

I didn't call - if credit report wasn't used, it means that for recon they will pull it and I have too many recent apps - which wouldn't work in my favor.
Thanks for posting that. Based on that, I decided there is a very good chance that if I'm not going to qualify for the bonus miles, they will deny my app, which would mean no harm done.

So I just applied and got an instant approval. Will report if/when I get the bonus posted.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:55 pm

Thanks for posting that. Based on that, I decided there is a very good chance that if I'm not going to qualify for the bonus miles, they will deny my app, which would mean no harm done.

So I just applied and got an instant approval. Will report if/when I get the bonus posted.
Reread the landing page, and ooppss. They only say you may not get the second 30K, but the first 20K is not included in the no previous card language. So I may just get 20K to use on UA after all. Obviously not useless, but it was LH FC I was after...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by eknock007
For those wanting to know if this card is churnable: I'd say yes. I have successfully churned in 2012, 2013, and 2014. In each case I reapplied after closing the previous acct 30 days prior. Sitting on nearly 150K from all three apps: 35K, 50K, and 50K plus spend miles. Planning on churning again sometime at the beginning of next year.
Some Barclaycards are churnable the day after closing the old account. This one requires a waiting period of at least a week. I closed my old account a week ago and I was still prevented from applying again due to the previous account.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by mrmandel
Some Barclaycards are churnable the day after closing the old account. This one requires a waiting period of at least a week. I closed my old account a week ago and I was still prevented from applying again due to the previous account.
Well, I still don't know, but my wife and I closed ours many months ago. So we are reapplying and will see what happens. Applying thru "in private". We are not going to link the new card to our current Barclays cc page, we are going to set up a new page just for this card. Don't know if that will make any difference, but it's worth a shot. Pretty certain we will get the first 20K, but the following 30K is a crapshoot.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:17 am

Well, I still don't know, but my wife and I closed ours many months ago. So we are reapplying and will see what happens. Applying thru "in private". We are not going to link the new card to our current Barclays cc page, we are going to set up a new page just for this card. Don't know if that will make any difference, but it's worth a shot. Pretty certain we will get the first 20K, but the following 30K is a crapshoot.
Setting up a new page didn't work, Barclays has already placed my new card on the same webpage as my other cards, which still includes the previous canceled card. Approved, and notified that the card is in the mail. Now to see how many bonus miles I get, if any.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:56 pm

Was hoping the link would stay active after the Nov. 29 deadline, but sadly that's not the case. The link is now showing a 35k offer.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:13 pm

Setting up a new page didn't work, Barclays has already placed my new card on the same webpage as my other cards, which still includes the previous canceled card. Approved, and notified that the card is in the mail. Now to see how many bonus miles I get, if any.
I haven't met the minimum spend yet, but I did make a first purchase, and that 20K bonus is already in my LH account.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Question: I closed my miles & more card about a month ago but today received a targeted mail promo for 15k miles if I spend $750 in Jan, Feb, and March. Can I call them to reactivate same account and still get this promo?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:16 pm

I haven't met the minimum spend yet, but I did make a first purchase, and that 20K bonus is already in my LH account.
do you think you will get more than 20K? the current offer only shows 20K and doesn't show the 30K bonus.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
do you think you will get more than 20K? the current offer only shows 20K and doesn't show the 30K bonus.
Not with the link I used. It offered 20k on first use, 30K more after spending $5K in 3 months. But I applied for that in late Nov 2014, and it was a limited time offer which has expired. It comes and goes, so if you want this card, wait a few months and it should come back again.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:12 pm

Not with the link I used. It offered 20k on first use, 30K more after spending $5K in 3 months. But I applied for that in late Nov 2014, and it was a limited time offer which has expired. It comes and goes, so if you want this card, wait a few months and it should come back again.
Got it, thank you again Brugge.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
What's the best current offer on this card? This thread is pretty old...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by EtoileFilante
What's the best current offer on this card? This thread is pretty old...
right now its only 20K so i would wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.