Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Who pull another bureau if Experian is frozen?

Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:19 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.

I "froze" Experian due to someone pulling Experian without my authorization! For example. if I apply for a Chase card (they pull Experian here in Southern Calif, would they pull another bureau or deny me?

Can you post your experiences what CC's will pull another bureau if one is "frozen".

I can unfreeze Experian but they charge me $10 to do so.

Thank you for your responses.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:56 pm

Usually when you freeze a CRA and apply for a credit card, they will either ask for a one time pin to pull the report from that bureau, or if you are proactive you can call recon and ask them to pull from another CRA.

Some report that Chase and other companies are a bit more lenient on requests to pull from another CRA, while it seems AMEX is firm on pulling only Experian.

You don't have to unfreeze your CR to apply for CCs, but it would be more work as every time someone wants to pull from Experian, you will have to call Experian for a one time pin to grant that request.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
In the past (though a YMMV sort of thing), I've noticed that Chase (EX froze), Barclays (TU froze), and Bank of America (EX froze) seem willing to pull another CRA without my asking if their first pull fails due to a frozen CRA. Amex and Citi held firm and requested an EX pin or unfreeze...though others have said they've had success with either or both pulling TU or EQ instead. As I said, it's a YMMV sort of thing.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:50 pm

Experian credit report frooze

I applied for a couple of account's.
I applied for Bank Of America credit card and I was denied as Experian was froze. I called Bank Of America, and asked if they could please pull another credit bureau and they said yes and they pulled both Equifax and Transunion and was approved for $2,500.00 and got my card in 1 week. I also tried Chase bank and Citibank and they would not pull another credit bureau.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
IME, in PA, Amex and Barclays always pull EXP and TU, respectively.
Chase and Citi are firm on pulling the one they initially pull. Only once or twice was I able to ask them to pull a different CR.
BofA/FIA will pull anything you want them to
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:25 pm

Citi pulls Exquifax in MA. In the event Experian is frozen, Equifax still works fine without need for reconsideration.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.