Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jatink129
Yup. That's exactly what I'm saying.
Mind=Blown...right?

That's what I felt when I first came to know. ^^
That's really good to know, thank you.^
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Stripy
I'm pretty new to the idea of multiple applications/churning etc... so please forgive what is probably a silly question:

Are you saying that if I get approved for an Amex card today (an Amex issued by Amex and not another bank) it will show on my credit report as being as old as my existing SPG Amex and therefore improve the average age of my credit cards?
I believe I've seen the reports that they've stopped doing that.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by mnscout

Since when? I remember reading a thread just a few weeks ago where someone was pleasantly surprised with this...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by mnscout
Still working...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
AOR - Inspired by the new Chase Deal

Hello All -

Ok so as we all know, the 60K Chase deal is out for a short time and i am thinking it is time for me to do my 2nd round in just over 3 months. So here is what i have (not including any AU accounts).

My cards -
Citi AA Plat Visa card
Barclays US airways card

My wifes cards (just so you know what miles we have been working on) -
Amex SPG
Amex Gold Business card
Citi AA Plat Visa
Barclays US Aiways
CSP

She will not be joining me in this round. Personally, we travel a lot internationally (our last trip in Etihad First class was amazing), so would like to continue that route.

Meeting spending limits isnt a problem for us and I have good credit. I was thinking of applying for 3-4 cards. Suggestions?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by arsenalman
Hello All -

Ok so as we all know, the 60K Chase deal is out for a short time and i am thinking it is time for me to do my 2nd round in just over 3 months. So here is what i have (not including any AU accounts).

My cards -
Citi AA Plat Visa card
Barclays US airways card

My wifes cards (just so you know what miles we have been working on) -
Amex SPG
Amex Gold Business card
Citi AA Plat Visa
Barclays US Aiways
CSP

She will not be joining me in this round. Personally, we travel a lot internationally (our last trip in Etihad First class was amazing), so would like to continue that route.

Meeting spending limits isnt a problem for us and I have good credit. I was thinking of applying for 3-4 cards. Suggestions?
Actually, I didnt know. I always rely on the special offers sticky. Im glad you mentioned it
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
There's always the Chase UA cards, you can get 55,000 for that, 50k for spending, and 5k for adding an AU.

You can get the SPG, CSP and it might be worth looking at the Arrival from Barclays, but I'm not a big fan of Barclays in general.

Have you thought about Hotel cards?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bender464
Still working...
My Hilton opened in February shows a 2006 date, but not the same date as my original account was opened (a few months earlier, actually). So it was working with my latest AOR.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:42 am

How many of those open Chase cards have you received in the past year? I just had an issue where Chase specifically said I had received too many cards with bonuses in the past year (6 total) and would just need to wait. They made note that I had excellent credit and that was not the issue.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bender464
Still working...
That's great. I remember reading about it, which doesn't, mean it's necessarily true. My latest Virgin Atlantic card, however, dates to 2013, well, being that it's not true Amex, that doesn't mean much anyway, I guess.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by PainCorp
My Hilton opened in February shows a 2006 date, but not the same date as my original account was opened (a few months earlier, actually). So it was working with my latest AOR.
Yep, the so-called backdating of a new account only works for the year of original membership. The actual month the new account was approved will still show up next the the older year.

Last edited by Bender464; Jun 17, 2013 at 1:36 pm
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:38 pm

Help with first mini AoR.. also have a few questions

Hi all.

I am looking to do my first app-o-rama very soon soon and am looking for suggestions.

First, about me:
AAoA: 2.5 years
3 CCs: Sapphire Preferred, Discover, Capital One Journey
Credit Karma score: 750
1 inquiry in last 12 months

So I would definitely like to take advantage of the Ink Bold 60k bonus and am trying to think of 1-3 other cards to apply for as well. The last card I got was the CSP ~1 year ago.

I am buying a new PC soon and would like to use some sign-up bonuses to offset the cost. I think the max my 3 mo. spend will be is ~$7k.

Any other great sign-up bonuses currently going on? I would like an amex, if possible. Unfortunately, I think I missed the big promo with the Delta Gold Amex

Also, how much of an advantage is it to do an AoR vs. applying for a single card whenever a good deal rolls around? Should I attempt an AoR?

Lastly, what are the odds I'll get approved for an Ink Bold?

Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 9:27 pm
wcj

You don't have enough details to advise. What are you trying to do? Get miles for a particular trip? If so, have you researched from your home airport to where you want to go to determine which airlines fly there? it kind of sound like you are looking to cash out to GCs and or cash to offset the PC. If so, then try looking here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...scription.html
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:39 am

Data point, yesterday AOR applied for:
Amex-Delta
Barclay-Arrival
USBank Carlson-Business
USBank Carlson-Personal
Chase-Bold
Chase-Ink

All six went to pending. Not a single automatic acceptance!
Credit Score - 798
I see that Barclay, Chase, and USBank all pulled from TransUnion last time. and I have only two inquiries on TU in the last 12 months, 0 in the last six months. only 4 in 2 years.

I do have a lot of open accounts, however. Many of them as an AU. I see, at least from CreditKarma, that it lists all AU accounts. In some cases I have several AU cards for myself on the same account and it even multiplies the overall credit and use for these cards. (I got these cards for Amex deals where they allow a promotion for each individual card. They had no problem sending me for example 3 AU cards to me on my wife's Blue account.)

I wonder if all of these accounts and multiples is causing a bit of a hang up. In previous history I have never been denied a card other than early on when I tried for too many Chase cards in the same 60 days. Seldom received pending status before, but yesterday, 0 for 6 on immediate approval. Very surprising.

Called recon on all of them today and they all say they are just processing and haven't gotten to them yet. But something in the computer check is causing them to spit these out for review.

I have 3 personal cards with Chase and I know they may want redistribution of CL, but they weren't at the point of being able to discuss that yet, and I am also unsure if they redistribute from Personal CL to the Business cards I have applied for.

I also wonder if they are just finally getting smarter. I wouldn't approve myself for these cards. I have been amazed over the years that they keep giving out these bonuses to people who have other cards with them.

For reference as account holder I have:
1 Barclay
2 USBank (a personal and business Flexperks picked up during Olympic promo last August)
3 Amex (2 personal and 1 business)
3 Chase (all personal)
5 Citi (all personal) (didn't hit up Citi this AOR for fear of loosing TYP due to 'abuse')
1 Discover
1 PFCU (amex)
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:02 am

Yes, I am looking for cash rewards.

Is there an advantage to doing AoRs vs. just waiting and applying for cards one at a time as great deals roll around?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.