Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:42 am

Forgot to mention, made an excel file with following details (do I need to add anything else):

Card Date Opened Credit Limit Cash Advance Limit Reward Spending Needed

Spending Time Annual Fee Other Benefits Reward Type Last 4 of card

Card Provider
$ $ Months $
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:55 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
This is what I use

CREDIT CARD - BANK - DATE OPENED - STATUS OPEN/CLOSED DATE - APPLICATION APPROVED/DENIED - CHURNABLE Y/S - BONUS - SPEND REQUIRED/TIME ALLOTTED - SPENT AMOUNT - AWARDED Y/S - INCOME REPORTED - YEARLY FEE - PERKS

For yearly free night cards set reminder each year few weeks after open date to redeem free night. Note that into perks so you don't close them on accident. Set alert for fee cards 2 months prior to open date to call and ask to waive fee. If I have to I try to close cards only immediately after an AOR. If there was any trouble getting accepted due to the bank not wanting to give more credit raising your income 10-20k by your next AOR should fix that - as I've proved with BoH/BoA combo which I had 4k/1k limit 3 months ago, closed those, and this week got approved for 5k/5k after raising my income 20k.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Feb 22, 2013 at 9:07 am
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:53 am
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Good haul, punjabi2! Congrats!

Originally Posted by punjabi2
I have to admit, this is getting addicting.
This is true. I am having to keep reminding myself to keep it under control.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:55 am

Congrats, that's an impressive aor. Now, to spend the minimum to get the bonuses.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: HH, UA,
February Churn Data Point

I did my second churn, first was at the end of November, 2011. In order, here's what I got

1. Club Carlson Business: approved
2. Club Carlson Personal: pending
3. Amex PRG: approved
4. Chase Marriott 70k: pending
(called in and it was already approved)
5. Chase British Airways: pending
(called in and moved CL, approved)
6. Citi AA signature visa 50k: approved
7. Citi AA gold mastercard 30k: pending
(will wait for something in the mail)
8. Barlcays USAirways 35k: approved

I did freeze my ARS and IDA last month for USBank.
Credit Karma score of 777, average age 7years 9 mo, 1% utilization.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:40 pm

Wow thats an impressive AOR, mbodio!! Enjoy more miles...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:45 pm

I agree with you c2d...man my fingers are itching to do aor under my name. But I need to hold on. Need to meet minimum spend for my wife's aor first.

Originally Posted by c2d
Good haul, punjabi2! Congrats!

This is true. I am having to keep reminding myself to keep it under control.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:47 pm

Thanks for the tip caGALINDO, and also sharing your excel file. I will modify my sheet!!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Mine is very similar to caGALINO's

Days Since App, App Date, Card, Approval Type, Activation Date, Close Date, Payment Due Date, Last 4, Expiration, Type, Lender, Credit Line, Rewards Program, Bonus, Spend, Done (Date), Bonus Posted (Date), Spend by date, Spend remaining, Min spend, Spent so far, Annual Fee, Days Until Fee, Annual Fee date, username, login website, Notes
I have the first three columns frozen so when I scroll I can always see what card I'm looking at for each row.

Last edited by PainCorp; Feb 22, 2013 at 2:31 pm
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:35 pm

Thanks PainCorp! Good idea about column freeze.

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Mine is very similar to caGALINO's

I have the first three columns frozen so when I scroll I can always see what card I'm looking at for each row.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:54 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
YES! I have been thinking of adding "last 4" haha

Some good ideas there
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by caGALINDO

Some good ideas there
On top of that page, I have one that tracks "pending" charges, one that tracks posted charges, one little one that tracks my overall credit limit by bank, and one where I store future AOR card ideas/bonuses.

You guys will appreciate this, and also kind of a lesson for us all:

I just had to pay my insurance deductible for my car. I was going to put it on my Hilton Amex to finish off that spending. Apparently they don't accept Amex, so in my head I'm trying to remember how much I have left on my BoH card. Just to be safe, and not risk wasting $75 (since I knew this would either put me $75 over or under my goal) I put it on my AA card. I get home and find out I was wrong, it would have put me $75 under ($575 left to spend), not over like I thought. So now I have spread out purchases over two cards, when my $500 could have almost finished off a different card. Lesson? Always know at the spending requirements for the cards you're carrying, and how much of them you have left.

Last edited by PainCorp; Feb 22, 2013 at 9:29 pm
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:11 pm

congrats on the haul. imho, do as many of the 5:1 deals with the chase business cards as you can. I just recently did 2 chase business cards @ 5k each with almost all of it on phone, office depot (miss the vr's but rumor is they are coming back), internet etc. That 10k in spending added up to 50k points.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:27 pm

Agree with you. Lots of good ideas here.

Originally Posted by caGALINDO

Some good ideas there
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:32 pm

Man, looks like excel sheet will have lots of columns, but so many great ideas here.

Paincorp, that is a very good suggestion. May be carry only 1-2 cards at a time so we have some idea about spending requirements.

Originally Posted by PainCorp
On top of that page, I have one that tracks "pending" charges, one that tracks posted charges, one little one that tracks my overall credit limit by bank, and one where I store future AOR card ideas/bonuses.

You guys will appreciate this, and also kind of a lesson for us all:

I just had to pay my insurance deductible for my car. I was going to put it on my Hilton Amex to finish off that spending. Apparently they don't accept Amex, so in my head I'm trying to remember how much I have left on my BoH card. Just to be safe, and not risk wasting $75 (since I knew this would either put me $75 over or under my goal) I put it on my AA card. I get home and find out I was wrong, it would have put me $75 under, not over like I thought. So now I have spread out purchases over two cards, when my $500 could have almost finished off a different card. Lesson? Always know at the spending requirements for the cards you're carrying, and how much of them you have left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.