Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2012 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA/DL/UA, SPG/HH
agree with mintcilantro and would add that over time, the importance of managing the number of inquiries across reporting agencies (especially experian) becomes exponentially more important to staying in the game and keeping approval rates up
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:06 pm

For most banks 740 will get you the best rate. For some banks only 760 or above get you the best rate. your credit report will show your inquries for the previous 2 years, however, only inquiries you made in the previous 1 year will effect your credit score. So the credit inquries you make now will not effect your score in 12 months. Since you will need a mortgage in 10 months, I would say don't do it.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:09 pm

Met12, in your earlier post you mentioned sharing your spreadsheet. I would be interested in seeing it.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
As a general guideline it is a good idea to keep your scores above 740 AFTER your applications and new accounts report. I know I've written this on FT and others have as well. You never know what might come up (auto, investment, home, etc.) and you might need to leverage your credit score for the best terms. A 1% difference in your interest rate could cost you anywhere from 1k (auto) to tens of thousands (home).
Old Mar 22, 2013, 4:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussions continue here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...e-archive.html

Last edited by mia; Mar 22, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.