Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Thread closed. Click HERE to read the new thread.

Let's crowd source things that have counted towards travel redemptions that are not so obvious

Successful
  • NS Hispeed Train Tickets (nshispeed.com)
  • Capitaine Train Tickets (capitaine.com)
  • Eurostar Train Tickets (eurostar.com)
  • DB Bahn Trains Germany (bahn.de)
  • Super Shuttle (mixed, worked in SF when (billed SUPERSHUTTLE EXECUCARS), worked in Boston (SUPERSHUTTLE BOSTON), failed in LA (SUPERSHUTTLE)
  • rail europe on travelocity
  • New York City MTA Subway Cards
  • Boston MBTA Charlie Card reload & Commuter Rail passes & tickets
  • San Francisco Clipper Card public transit (autoload from website)
  • Norwegian Cruise Line purchase made from telephone order from vacationstogo.com
  • rail JR Rail in Japan, load as tourist attraction, call in to get it credit (Post#938)
  • Alaska Airlines checked baggage fee $25 charge
  • Southwest Early Bird Check-in (billed separately from airfare charges)
  • cheaptickets.com hotel
  • Amtrak train ticket >$25 (ALB-NYP)
  • Amtrak train ticket >$25 (unknown destinations)
  • Buying Lifemiles from Avianca
  • Primetime Shuttle (Worked from LAX-SNA)
  • Orbitz.com purchase
  • Priceline
  • Las Vegas Show Booked through hotel
  • Hotels.com
  • WMATA (Washington DC Metro) Weekly pass

Successful - Plus Only
  • Uber
  • NYC Taxi
  • Empire State Building tickets
  • SF Taxi (coded as "YELLOW CARD SERVICES I")

Unsuccessful (please mention the amount redeemed - important as anything under $25 cannot be reimbursed)

• Amtrak (possibly due <$25 charge)
  • IHG points and cash hotel redemption
  • www.b-europe.com (SNCB rail)
  • Description: ZERVE *CA WHALES Merchant Category: THEATRICAL PRODUCERS (EXCEPT MOTION PICTURES), TICKET AGENCIES...Tickets to whale watching tour purchased over the phone.
  • Car2go
  • Hostelbookers.com deposit (maybe the charge which is >$25 will count?)
  • Thello train (France-Italy night train, codes as rail-freight)
  • Trenitalia (both online and in stations, posts as rail-freight)
  • Brazil airline GOL booked online codes as DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT MARKETERS--NOT ELESWH ..
  • Blue Water Rafting. Merchant category "Recreation Services -- Not elsewhere classified"
  • Parking at IAH (Houston Intercontinental - on airport) -$76 (PARKING LOTS AND GARAGES)
  • Parking at SNA (John Wayne Airport)
  • Skyjump at Stratosphere Hotel LV $150 (01/14) - not charged by hotel.
  • Gotobus.com Long Distance Buses, ~$100
  • Global Entry

Don't forget travel purchase needs to be > $25 charge for 2,500 mile redemption
Partial redemptions are possible - however you cannot redeem against that charge again. So if you have a $500 charge and you spend 40K points against it, you cannot redeem 10K points for the remaining $100 of that charge.
Print Wikipost

Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by chrisj500
I was denied for too much available credit as well, previously with the Priceline 2% card a few months ago. I placed a reconsideration call, and was able to get the card approved by reducing the limit on a different card.
She called to recon, but the analyst observed that though her credit score is excellent (800s according to him), the reason for the decline is her NFL card which has been unused for the past 3 months.

That's my fault, since I had her apply for the 40K points for $1,000 spend. Redeemed for 410, paid the balance, and SD'ed it afterwards.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
I just got approved fur US and Arrival on same day about 2 weeks ago. Had F9 card with them for about 1.5 years prior
Instant approvals for both cards?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:06 pm

What are my redemption choices with this Barclay Arrival 40k after 1000$ in 90 days? They do a really good job hiding your choices. I personally don't have an airline or hotel stays in the next 6 months to use this on. I'd love to transfer these miles to an airline account or use it toward electronics cash credit. Is this possible? with my chase sapphire I can use rewards points on Amazon. Any chance to do this with this card?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:38 pm

Barclaycard Redemption Options

You will get the best value if you redeem points against travel charges on your statement. If you redeem for gift cards or cash, the points will be worth half as much, $200 as opposed to $400.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:21 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Buy a refundable ticket, "pay off" the charge with points, then cancel ticket?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
It's very hard to be approved for 2 Barclaycards. I tried to apply for Arrival and NFL card at the same time and could not get approved for NFL despite calling 3 times to Barclays. I would take it easy with Barclays.
They are a weird one. For years I could only get 1 card from them. Then I was reading a blog about getting multiples from them. Recently I got the Priceline, US Airways and Barclay Arrival. So I have 4 Barclay cards with the Travelocity one as well. Not sure if Barclay is wroth it past the first year at a 89.00 fee though. Travelocity is a 2% card when used properly for airfare. Pricelien is a straight 2% cash card.

Rob
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:12 pm

Got the 7-10 day message and yesterday it said they couldn't approve me for an Arrival. They've really tightened up the past few months.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:33 pm

Is it possible to convert the annual fee card to the no annual fee card after 1 year?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:25 pm

applied for the arrival minutes ago. Pending. Then called recon, finally declined due to recent new credit accounts (us airways approved two weeks ago). Is it necessary to call them again? I guess no...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:54 pm

Wife and I both declined for Arrival card after waiting 10 days. Both got US Air card about 10 months ago. I guess I gotta call and try to sweet talk my way for approval. Hate to waste an inquiry, but not looking forward to calling Barclay's either. Methinks they're not gonna budge.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:28 pm

Darn, yesterday I had apps for Barclay US Air and Barclay Arrival. When US Air came back as "pending" I chickened out on risking another pull for Arrival, and then 10 hours later I got the approved email for US Air. Probably too late now for Arrival?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
I applied for the US Airways card and got approved on Apr 30 (2 months ago). I also have another Barclay's card that I've had for 5+ years, although I haven't used it much in the past year.

What's the likelihood I will get approval if I apply for this card on Jun 30? Is there any rush to take advantage of the Arrival deal? I don't want it to go away.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:36 am

Just finished calling Barclays. Even with high income/excellent credit they refuse to overturn decision to deny Arrival card, claiming one card (my US Air card) is enough. They mentioned "too many recent account openings" as the primary reason for the denial. In other words, ".... you points junkie, we know what you're up to!"
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by smedleyb
Just finished calling Barclays. Even with high income/excellent credit they refuse to overturn decision to deny Arrival card, claiming one card (my US Air card) is enough. They mentioned "too many recent account openings" as the primary reason for the denial. In other words, ".... you points junkie, we know what you're up to!"
How many other cards did you open in the last 6 months? And when did you get the US Air card? I'm worried they'll say the same thing to me (even though I have a 5+ year history with them)
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by whatmakes
How many other cards did you open in the last 6 months? And when did you get the US Air card? I'm worried they'll say the same thing to me (even though I have a 5+ year history with them)
I've actually toned down my application activity over the past 6 months, no more than 3 cards. But yeah, I still have roughly 15 accounts open. I do have the US Air card, opened last September. Meh. I'm still debating if my wife should call. She has fewer accounts than I (including US Air card), a lesser credit score, but more recent account openings. Seems like a lot of work for $440 at this point, but that figure (X2 if wife got it) would have been useful to cover some miscellaneous travel charges over the next 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.