Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:51 pm

Applied for the Visa Signature (non Premier) and got approved. Only 2 hard inquiries in the last 6 months. No previous history with US Bank.

Now that I have the card, I am considering making just 1 purchase for 50k and putting the card away for good. I think 10k pts for $1500 spend isn't that great of a deal. I can get better value by putting my spend on a UR earning card or the SPG. Comments?

Also I doubt I will renew the card when the annual fee is due. 25k pts for $50 doesn't seem to be worth it IMO. Hopefully I can downgrade to the no annual fee card that still allows the free award night redemption.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by PDXBRU33
If that was the case, I wouldn't have been approved. I had MANY more within the last year, even within the last 6 months. I think it is more a combination of score, income, and inquiries, etc. I know that there were others that reported the same. So, it seems to vary widely.
Which bureau did they pull and how did that one look? My Experian looks like I went crazy, but Equifax and Transunion make me look like a credit saint .
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by jjd477
My experience as a Gold:

Country Inn & Suites- no gift-when asked for one, told no gift
Radisson: Bag gift with water bottle,chips, chocolate,mints
Park Inn: Same as Radisson.

Somewhat odd but better than nothing.....................
I agree, their free gift is very inconsistant. I just stayed at the Rad Blu in Chicago and they gave me a bottle of water. On the same trip I stayed at a Country Inn in a small town and they gave me a large basket with a bunch of cookies, candy, bottled water and microwave pop corn. Plus they up graded me to a room with a whirlpool tub and fireplace.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL GM, BA Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, PC Plat, Hyatt Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Which bureau did they pull and how did that one look? My Experian looks like I went crazy, but Equifax and Transunion make me look like a credit saint .
Each bank pulls from different bureau's dependent upon where you live. So, I could say Equifax but if I live in San Diego and you live in Kentucky, then they may pull TransUnion for you. Instead, go to this link: http://creditboards.com/forums/index...om=creditpulls
It is a database of credit pulls. Enter US Bank and your state and you will see where others report US Bank is pulling for your area.
Good luck with the app and let us know how it goes.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Each bank pulls from different bureau's dependent upon where you live. So, I could say Equifax but if I live in San Diego and you live in Kentucky, then they may pull TransUnion for you. Instead, go to this link: http://creditboards.com/forums/index...om=creditpulls
It is a database of credit pulls. Enter US Bank and your state and you will see where others report US Bank is pulling for your area.
Good luck with the app and let us know how it goes.
I think you misinterpreted what I said. I know of that link (another link I have bookmarked approaching each app cycle), I was curious as to which one of yours they pulled and how that particular bureau looked. My Experian CR usually have 2-4 times as many inquiries as EQ or TU, Citi, Amex, Chase, BOA, US Bank, and my car loan all pull EX in MA. Only Barclays pulls TU, Discover pulled both TU and EQ (not a big deal). Of course, Capital One pulls all three everywhere! Good advice in general though.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL GM, BA Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, PC Plat, Hyatt Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I think you misinterpreted what I said. I know of that link (another link I have bookmarked approaching each app cycle), I was curious as to which one of yours they pulled and how that particular bureau looked. My Experian CR usually have 2-4 times as many inquiries as EQ or TU, Citi, Amex, Chase, BOA, US Bank, and my car loan all pull EX in MA. Only Barclays pulls TU, Discover pulled both TU and EQ (not a big deal). Of course, Capital One pulls all three everywhere! Good advice in general though.
About 75% of my hits are on Experian, the same that US Bank pulled. But it is not about the bureau, US Bank seems to have their own internal rating calculation that combines several other sources of information along with your CB pull. I remember the rep saying something about this when I called. There were a lot of reports of such in the FlexPerks thread. My whole point here is that this 4 inquiry limit is not a hard and fast rule.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About 75% of my hits are on Experian, the same that US Bank pulled. But it is not about the bureau, US Bank seems to have their own internal rating calculation that combines several other sources of information along with your CB pull. I remember the rep saying something about this when I called. There were a lot of reports of such in the FlexPerks thread. My whole point here is that this 4 inquiry limit is not a hard and fast rule.
Ah ok. Yeah, I'm guessing my 7-8 months of no inquiries probably went over well. Getting approved for this card might be interesting, I'll have 4 within the past 120 (not 90 of course).
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:52 pm

US Bank Club Carlson Signature Visa Card, 85K Sign up, 40k/yr upon renewal

Kind of unrelated - is it possible to have two current addresses on your credit report? I.e I want to keep my current address in a state that mostly pulls exp, but also apply for cards using my parents address in a state that usually pulls tu. this possible?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:19 pm

Yes it is possible...best to change one of your current accounts to send the statement to the other address and wait a month or so for that bank to report the new address.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:32 pm

could you explain free free 30k/$1k spend ad? how do i get 30k points by spending $1k

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
I am one of those who got 5k instead of 33k
on the Olympics promotion, despite 740 score,
given CL of $7K with stupid white card.

Have 370K Carlson, earned via Giveaway,
at roughly $50-60 per 50K points,
about the same rate as card annual fee here would yield.

I did the fee free 30K/$1K spend ap just to get some.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by phdtomd
For those who don't like the AF there is a no fee card available too. You had to do some searching. Here's a link

P.S Thanks to MERLE123 for finding it

http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do

Only 30K Sign up but you still get the 2 + 1 deal
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta - Plat, Marriott - Platinum, Starwood - Gold
2for1 and 4for2

Am I missing something? What are these gold promotions?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by CueballJR
Am I missing something? What are these gold promotions?
http://www.clubcarlson.com/2for1

http://www.clubcarlson.com/4for2
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:12 am

If I were to apply for the business card, is there even a lesser card for them to switch me to? I own a small business so no problem getting business cards.

ETA: There's notes for the personal cards stating you'll receive a lesser card if not approved for the highest card, but no statement for the business card.

Last edited by Superorb; Dec 3, 2012 at 10:24 am
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

goodby

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.