Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Does anybody know whether the product change from Radisson to Altitude will hit CRAs as a "New Account" and potentially affect 5/24?
Same card number, so I doubt they would do a hard-pull without your consent.

Originally Posted by jphripjah
What about people who started spending towards the 30K amount (or towards any 10K threshold) but who don't reach it by the end of April? It seems unfair that US Bank would just say "thanks for the spend so far, but we've decided to change the deal and renege on our promise to give you a year to meet the thresholds for a free night"
That's a good point. I guess USB figured that the prorated annual fee refund is compensation enough--especially since you only earn the 10K free nights after you pay the annual fee for the new year.

Last edited by EmailKid; Apr 6, 2022 at 3:31 pm Reason: Back to back posts
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
So I have the business version and just got my letter and i ma being transferred over to the US Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa. As bummed as I am about loosing my 40k points a year, this actuallly seems like a card i would use considering that i dont think i put any spend on the Radisson card before or very little
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:13 pm

Does anyone know if a monthly subscription to Backblaze will qualify for the $100 software subscription credit on the new Triple Cash card? I am paying it now on a business AX (so I can't just look at the code) but I would move it for $100 a year. TIA
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Everyone should keep in mind that it will take 60 days for the 40k to hit your account for your annual renewal. I just today got my points for the renewal I paid Feb. 5. Based on the card being discontinued I will get a partial refund of the annual fee once the card is discontinued.

I wonder how they will handle renewals that fall into April.....are they going to give April renewals 40k (that would be credited after the relationship with RR is terminated) and then give a 11/12 refund of the annual fee since the card will be done in May?

Wondering about this as well - my annual fee will hit on 4/16, if I pay it by 4/30, will I still get the 40K bonus points?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Wonder if Radisson will bother to yank the Gold status that came with the card, or if we get to keep it for the rest of the year. Not that it is worth a ton…
Radisson answered that question in an email today titled "Radisson Rewards Visa® Card Update":

You recently received a letter from U.S. Bank regarding your Radisson Rewards Visa® card which will be transitioned to a new card. Changes to the current card will be effective on May 20 or June 3 based on your current billing cycle.

Rest assured your Radisson Rewards Americas account will remain active and you will not lose any accumulated points as a result of this transition. You will also continue to enjoy your elite status through March 2023.

Watch for new opportunities from Radisson Rewards Americas.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:48 pm

Watch for new opportunities from Radisson Rewards Americas.
With any other hotel chain, I would interpret this to mean, "We're finding a new issuer."

With Radisson, though, I have no reason to have that hope.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
With any other hotel chain, I would interpret this to mean, "We're finding a new issuer."

With Radisson, though, I have no reason to have that hope.
I agree. In addition, I can't imagine that any bank would want to take on the two program Radisson debacle.
LETTERBOY, 36902BRF and lhrhappy like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTT103
I agree. In addition, I can't imagine that any bank would want to take on the two program Radisson debacle.
I don't think any bank is going to be asked to take on the two program Radisson debacle.

The only program that implied it may looking for a new bank is Radisson Rewards Americas. So if there is a new bank (and possibly an obscure bank, the way that Best Western shifted years ago from Barclays to First National Bank of Omaha ), it's likely it would be only be for Radisson Rewards Americas, and there probably wouldn't be any card at all for the international Radisson Rewards program, just like there aren't USA-based cards for most hotel programs that have zero properties in North America.
mia likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't think any bank is going to be asked to take on the two program Radisson debacle.

The only program that implied it may looking for a new bank is Radisson Rewards Americas. So if there is a new bank (and possibly an obscure bank, the way that Best Western shifted years ago from Barclays to First National Bank of Omaha ), it's likely it would be only be for Radisson Rewards Americas, and there probably wouldn't be any card at all for the international Radisson Rewards program, just like there aren't USA-based cards for most hotel programs that have zero properties in North America.
It definitely could happen, but then I wonder if reward redemptions earned through credit card spend would only be limited to the America's. In other words, we would not be permitted to transfer those points to the overseas Radisson program.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
It definitely could happen, but then I wonder if reward redemptions earned through credit card spend would only be limited to the America's. In other words, we would not be permitted to transfer those points to the overseas Radisson program.
Why would they want to add that complexity to their program(s)? It’s messy enough as it is.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Why would they want to add that complexity to their program(s)? It’s messy enough as it is.
Since both Radissons are operated as separate units, there would be the financial aspect of the bank reimbursing Radisson America’s for the points and then America’s reimbursing Overseas for the transfer.

Who knows what if anything will come of all of this????
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I just received annual fee on my personal card on May 3rd. If I pay it, will I get annual 40k points?
Old May 5, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I just received annual fee on my personal card on May 3rd. If I pay it, will I get annual 40k points?
That's an interesting situation. I know it takes time to see the 40K, but have no clue if "things" will be expedited with the wrap-up of the program. I suppose if you simply pay the fee, when it comes time to the refund of it, you should receive nearly all of it back.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by yugi
It doesn't seem so. Posted above:

Annual Renewal Bonus will be discontinued on April 30, 2022.
sdsearch likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
That's an interesting situation. I know it takes time to see the 40K, but have no clue if "things" will be expedited with the wrap-up of the program. I suppose if you simply pay the fee, when it comes time to the refund of it, you should receive nearly all of it back.
Last time i received my 40k bonus on July 3rd, which is 2 months after the the annual fee.
TTT103 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.