Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
Woohoo. Called when $60 af billed on Business Visa. I got a $60 next statement credit to offset. Keeping the card.
No offers on my personal card last week, but I rarely use it. Downgraded to the no fee card to keep points alive.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
No offers on my personal card last week, but I rarely use it. Downgraded to the no fee card to keep points alive.
It's good to know that they allowed you to downgrade the card, considering that USB is no longer issuing Radisson cards. I need to keep that in mind when mine renews, although I put $30K on the card this year, so will need to keep the AF card for another year in order to receive the 3 free nights.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by rrgg
Usually keeping the card has nothing to do with keeping points. (Note that I said usually). Spending on the card, does, however. Just suggesting that you check out how to keep points from expiring.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by TTT103
I won't be too upset if USB discontinues the card, although I just hit $30K in spending for the year, so would hate to not receive the three award nights when the card renews in September.
I thought about doing the spend for free nights but the math doesn't work for me. The opportunity cost of $30k at 2% cash-back is $600. I don't think it would cost me $600 to stay 3 nights in a Radisson. YMMV,
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:57 pm

Thanks. I did mean I'd use the card every year to keep points alive.

Although the 40k gift pays for the fee, I can't justify "buying" more until I burn a lot. Plus they need to make it a policy that status is always matched between the 2 programs or make it easier.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:44 pm

I have two Radisson cards that are currently not linked to any Radisson account (linked Radisson accounts were converted into Radisson Global leaving cards unlinked). If it matters one is personal and one is business. I've created new Radisson Americas accounts for these cards to be linked to (as instructed via email), but I'm unsure how to actually go about getting them linked now.

Do I need to call US Bank or Radisson to fix this?

Originally Posted by _kurt
The specific limitation seems to be that each Radisson account can be linked to at most one Visa card. I just spoke to Radisson Americas and they were able to link my business Visa to the Americas account which was formerly associated to my personal Visa. The personal Visa was cancelled years ago. Or at least, they were able to request that they be linked. Apparently the request now goes to the "person in charge" who may take 4-6 weeks to process it.
Was your business visa successfully linked to your Radisson Americas account after they told you they were submitting your request? If so did it actually take 4-6 weeks?

Last edited by EmailKid; Mar 15, 2022 at 8:55 pm Reason: Back to back posts
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by mster
Was your business visa successfully linked to your Radisson Americas account after they told you they were submitting your request? If so did it actually take 4-6 weeks?
I called back at the 8-week mark and was told the fix is now taking up to 8 weeks. I said it was eight weeks yesterday and the rep said “oh”.

Then in late February (12 weeks since my initial request) I got a sternly worded email that due to my inaction my card was not linked to any Radisson account and therefore I would no longer be able to earn points. What an insult. I guess I’ll give it one more try. Thanks for the reminder.
mster likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by _kurt
I called back at the 8-week mark and was told the fix is now taking up to 8 weeks. I said it was eight weeks yesterday and the rep said “oh”.

Then in late February (12 weeks since my initial request) I got a sternly worded email that due to my inaction my card was not linked to any Radisson account and therefore I would no longer be able to earn points. What an insult. I guess I’ll give it one more try. Thanks for the reminder.
Have you tried contacting US Bank to get your card linked or just Radisson Americas?

I spent an hour on the phone with Radisson Americas and they were absolutely insistent that I had to contact US Bank. This is despite all the correspondence I've received relating to the change being very clear that I should be contacting Radisson Americas and specifically providing Radisson Americas contact info.

What a horrible program to deal with...
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I thought about doing the spend for free nights but the math doesn't work for me. The opportunity cost of $30k at 2% cash-back is $600. I don't think it would cost me $600 to stay 3 nights in a Radisson. YMMV,
Keep in mind that it’s not just the three nights from the $30k spend, but also 150,000 points from the spend.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
Keep in mind that it’s not just the three nights from the $30k spend, but also 150,000 points from the spend.
Forgot that. At 20-30k/night, thats significant.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Got a letter from US Bank today. The Radisson VISA is dead, long live the Altitude Go Visa.

Details:

Transition to new card in May 2022

Annual Renewal Bonus will be discontinued on April 30, 2022.

New card will have no AF, and the Radisson Rewards AF will be credited back to account on a prorated basis going back 12 months.

Free night ecerts (up to 3) for all net purchases posted to account by April 30 will be posted.

Points earned through the May statement closing date will remain in the Radisson Rewards Americas account and available for redemption.

In June new US Bank Altitude Go Visa cards will be issued. Card number will not change.

---------------

Just checked - I had received my 40k anniversary points mid-March as anticipated. So I guess now I need to research the Altitude rewards program and the Go Visa to see if it's worth keeping it.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Apr 2, 2022 at 3:06 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

My husband received the same letter today. He has a personal Radisson card. I have yet to receive the letter. I have a Radisson business card. I see little point in keeping either card going forward. Let me know should your research find something beneficial.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:34 pm

What bad timing. I downgraded to the no fee card a few weeks ago. If I waited I'd get the 40k points and a prorated refund.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband received the same letter today. He has a personal Radisson card. I have yet to receive the letter. I have a Radisson business card. I see little point in keeping either card going forward. Let me know should your research find something beneficial.
I got two copies of the letter, and I only have one card, the Radisson business card. I don't know if two copies of the "central account" vs "credit card account" or what, but they were both identical.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Got a letter from US Bank today. The Radisson VISA is dead, long live the Altitude Go Visa.

Details:

Transition to new card in May 2022

Annual Renewal Bonus will be discontinued on April 30, 2022.

New card will have no AF, and the Radisson Rewards AF will be credited back to account on a prorated basis going back 12 months.

Free night ecerts (up to 3) for all net purchases posted to account by April 30 will be posted.

Points earned through the May statement closing date will remain in the Radisson Rewards Americas account and available for redemption.

In June new US Bank Altitude Go Visa cards will be issued. Card number will not change.

---------------

Just checked - I had received my 40k anniversary points mid-March as anticipated. So I guess now I need to research the Altitude rewards program and the Go Visa to see if it's worth keeping it.
How to keep points alive now? Do they expire?
I think it will be better to switch to Cash+ instead of Altitude Go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.