Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Does anyone use this a their primary card for everyday non-bonused spend?

I've had the card for a while and never used it much. But now I'm thinking there's value to be had if I put $10,000 or $20,000 on the card for everyday non-bonused spend. 5 Radisson points per dollar at .4 cents each = a 2% return. And I can probably get $175 - $200 in value from a Radisson free night certificate. 50,000 Radisson points plus a free night for $10,000 in regular spend is a pretty good return of about 4%, isn't it?
A few years back, I had similar thoughts and put quite a bit of spending on the card. What I ran into were negative subjective factors that made it much more of a wash... and those factors echo what many folks here are saying about the chain in general:
  • Many of the more aspirational properties, especially domestic US, have either left the brand or are much lower quality than they used to be
  • Points required on the lower end (i.e. a nice Country Inn on a road trip) have gone up quite a bit
  • Seems like the footprint, in general, is much thinner in the US than it used to be
  • The combination of those two issues means I'm much more likely to find low-point redemptions in a nicer property in a chain like IHG than with Radisson
  • I personally haven't been traveling internationally nearly as much as I used to be, even pre-COVID, so the best redemptions aren't part of my plans anymore in general
As I recall, my last free night cert was used at an old airport Radisson that was retailing for less than $100 because I had no other way to use it. It was fine but that kind of experience isn't something I'd give up 2+% cashback to intentionally earn.
jphripjah likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Personally, I never did spend to hit $10k on this card for the free night cert. So many other better options imho.

I finally called to get a retention bonus. And US Bank told me to take a hike. Actually, not true. Agent generously offered to lower my APR...which is absolutely ridiculous as I have never paid a penny of interest to a bank in my life!

Every year I say I am going to cancel it and move on...and every year I keep it for the bonus points...
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Does anyone use this a their primary card for everyday non-bonused spend?

I've had the card for a while and never used it much. But now I'm thinking there's value to be had if I put $10,000 or $20,000 on the card for everyday non-bonused spend. 5 Radisson points per dollar at .4 cents each = a 2% return. And I can probably get $175 - $200 in value from a Radisson free night certificate. 50,000 Radisson points plus a free night for $10,000 in regular spend is a pretty good return of about 4%, isn't it?
Wife and I accumulated free nights planning to use them in NYC.

Ooops.

I think it would be hard by my expiration date to get $175 out of one of these US-only certs. Would be happy to get recommendations.

May just burn one in downtown Chicago the night before my wife has a morning oral surgery appointment.

Did anyone get one of these extended?

I am using Amex Blue for Business as my primary unbonused spend card for now.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:05 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

My card is up for renewal. Since I have not used this card for anything last year, I called to see if there is any retention. I was told No. Anyone has had any luck?

There are almost no Radisson hotels near me. So not sure if I want to hold onto this card.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by RedSun
My card is up for renewal. Since I have not used this card for anything last year, I called to see if there is any retention. I was told No. Anyone has had any luck?

There are almost no Radisson hotels near me. So not sure if I want to hold onto this card.
It is rare the US Bank issues any retentions for this card. I too have this card with little use and no recent Radisson stays. I keep it for a high credit limit and to help me with overall credit score.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
It is rare the US Bank issues any retentions for this card. I too have this card with little use and no recent Radisson stays. I keep it for a high credit limit and to help me with overall credit score.
If you cancel the card, it won't affect your overall credit score. It stays with your credit history like 10 years if I recall.

I'm leaning to cancel it. Already too many hotel CCs and we still can't travel much now.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 9:50 am

The only reason I'm hanging on to this card is for the 40K annual points, which pretty much offsets the annual fee. I actually like the fact that I'm not forced to use a free night certificate annually, as I do with IHG, Hyatt, and Hilton, unless I opt to charge $10K X 3 to the card for the three domestic certificates.
burroheadnebula likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TTT103
The only reason I'm hanging on to this card is for the 40K annual points, which pretty much offsets the annual fee. I actually like the fact that I'm not forced to use a free night certificate annually, as I do with IHG, Hyatt, and Hilton, unless I opt to charge $10K X 3 to the card for the three domestic certificates.
I'll probably just cancel for now. I opened the card for the properties in North Europe. I do not earn those FN. Spending can be had elsewhere.

I can always get back in since business cards do not even count in credit report.
TTT103 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
If you cancel the card, it won't affect your overall credit score. It stays with your credit history like 10 years if I recall.

I'm leaning to cancel it. Already too many hotel CCs and we still can't travel much now.
It will affect my credit utilization and age of accounts, unless you can tell my something else that I am missing.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
It will affect my credit utilization and age of accounts, unless you can tell my something else that I am missing.
As I said, if you close your card, the card history stays for 10 years. It will only affect your credit after 10 years. By that time, you probably would not need it anyhow....
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
As I said, if you close your card, the card history stays for 10 years. It will only affect your credit after 10 years. By that time, you probably would not need it anyhow....
Old thread, I know. This is correct, though, credit cards remain on your report for 10 years.

That all being said, we both have the, no longer offered, Radisson business credit card. Looking forward at where we may travel the next couple of years, I don't really see many Radisson hotels I would want to stay at. Most are too far from the center of the cities we'd like to visit. Also, we just had an incident with the Park Inn at KEF that further put a sour taste in my mouth concerning Rad Rewards.

So, I may close SO's card but keep mine. Anyone see a reason for us to keep both? And FYI, I have transferred all our points into my account.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:24 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by fredc84
So, I may close SO's card but keep mine. Anyone see a reason for us to keep both? And FYI, I have transferred all our points into my account.
I'm planning to do the same. I kept my husband's card for years, but the points keep mounting as I am unable to find a desirable Radisson property where we travel. I'll keep my card in case the gold benefit proves useful at some time in the future but I can't find a way to justify keeping both cards.
fredc84 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm planning to do the same. I kept my husband's card for years, but the points keep mounting as I am unable to find a desirable Radisson property where we travel. I'll keep my card in case the gold benefit proves useful at some time in the future but I can't find a way to justify keeping both cards.
I’ve been reasonably happy with the Rad Blu options in Stockholm, Helsinki, and Oslo and actually regretted closing my personal card because I ran short of points. But if it doesn’t work for you close it. In cities with lower cash prices for rooms the value for points can be poor.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by _kurt
I’ve been reasonably happy with the Rad Blu options in Stockholm, Helsinki, and Oslo
Agree. I was happy to have points when we went to Norway and Sweden. Anyone going to Scandinavia will find good use of Radisson points.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Agree. I was happy to have points when we went to Norway and Sweden. Anyone going to Scandinavia will find good use of Radisson points.
Same. We did a bunch of traveling in Scandinavia a few years back, but we always tend to go to somewhere new. Now that we're going to Portugal and looking at S. Germany, the pickings are getting slimmer for Radisson.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.