Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:14 pm

Some questions here, please:
1) Any prior success in retention offers/waiving annual fee before? If so, how much on average was the retention offer?
2) It seems the quality of Radisson hotels outside the US are way better than in the US. Any great Radisson hotels in the US/Caribbean as an exception to the prior statement?
3) When you redeem points, any additional resort fees or taxes?
4) How long do you need to wait to churn this card again?
5) Can you downgrade the card to the non-annual version?
6) Any update on the business version or still discontinued?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
1) Any prior success in retention offers/waiving annual fee before? If so, how much on average was the retention offer?
2) It seems the quality of Radisson hotels outside the US are way better than in the US. Any great Radisson hotels in the US/Caribbean as an exception to the prior statement?
would appreciate some answers
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
I've never heard of them giving a retention bonus on this card. They give points with your renewal. I think it's 40k. So you get more than $75 in value in points.
good_boy_1234 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
1) 2500 point offer and 7500 point offer
2) Can only guess this would be any Blu properties such as one coming to Aruba
3) I don't think so, but my last redemption was a few years ago
4) Can't answer.
5) It is or was, but apparently they may say "no" the first time you ask. Please let us know if you're successful
6) I haven't seen any reports of the business card coming back.
good_boy_1234 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Radisson Rewards Premier VISA: $30 in spend bonuses

Not a very interesting offer, IMHO, and not going to get me to use the card more, but here it is...

Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Another offer - $10 for four online purchases of $75 total. Might use the card for a few Amazon purchases.

Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
No offers yet for the no AF card.

Does anyone know US Bank policy on cancelling inactive cards? Have not used the card for a while but would prefer to avoid forced closure. Many banks (e.g. BofA) are aggressively closing inactive accounts.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
No offers yet for the no AF card.

Does anyone know US Bank policy on cancelling inactive cards? Have not used the card for a while but would prefer to avoid forced closure. Many banks (e.g. BofA) are aggressively closing inactive accounts.
Not sure about policy, but I have used my Carlson/Radisson VISA for a relatively small charge ($20-60) about every six months for the last three years to make sure I have some activity. I should probably just close the card, though...
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:35 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Not sure about policy, but I have used my Carlson/Radisson VISA for a relatively small charge ($20-60) about every six months for the last three years to make sure I have some activity. I should probably just close the card, though...
Also remember that the Radisson Rewards program itself needs activity every 24 months anyway... so it makes sense to occasionally make a charge anyway, especially if you have an extended period of no travel...

We have one particular large bill due once a year that allows unlimited partial payments and has a payment deadline 2-3 months after we get it. It's a perfect opportunity to make sure every mothballed card gets a charge at least once a year. Ideally, if we could find a second bill like that, we could automate 2x charges per year per card, which is probably the ideal cadence.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Also remember that the Radisson Rewards program itself needs activity every 24 months anyway... so it makes sense to occasionally make a charge anyway, especially if you have an extended period of no travel...
But if the card gives bonus points upon renewal each year (as the card this thread is about does, per the thread title), doesn't that count as activity?
Old Aug 9, 2020, 7:24 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But if the card gives bonus points upon renewal each year (as the card this thread is about does, per the thread title), doesn't that count as activity?
Yes, the card with an annual fee does, but this particular poster was referring to the No AF version.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:33 am

If I have the business version open but apply for the 120K personal card offer, will that render me ineligible for the New Account Bonus? I assume so, but just wanted to check in case any DPs out there indicate otherwise. Also, anybody applied using the 120K link of late and gotten the bonus without issue? Does approval for the card mean approval for the bonus, a la Chase, or can one be approved for card and denied the SUB a la Amex?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
If I have the business version open but apply for the 120K personal card offer, will that render me ineligible for the New Account Bonus? I assume so, but just wanted to check in case any DPs out there indicate otherwise. Also, anybody applied using the 120K link of late and gotten the bonus without issue? Does approval for the card mean approval for the bonus, a la Chase, or can one be approved for card and denied the SUB a la Amex?
Another thing to consider: I seem to remember that it used to be that if you had one Radisson Rewards card of some kind already, and then you applied for another one of another type, they would not attach that new card to your existing Radisson Rewards account, they would instead open a different Radisson Rewards account for you. Is it now possible to actually apply for multiple Radisson Rewards cards on the same Radisson Rewards account?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Another thing to consider: I seem to remember that it used to be that if you had one Radisson Rewards card of some kind already, and then you applied for another one of another type, they would not attach that new card to your existing Radisson Rewards account, they would instead open a different Radisson Rewards account for you. Is it now possible to actually apply for multiple Radisson Rewards cards on the same Radisson Rewards account?
Personal and business cards are issued separate Radisson account numbers and you can't combine. Benefit is that you can maximize promos and double dip. I guess if US bank approves you for multiple cards, it is ok. I know CITI and Amex let you have multiple cards, I had many AA and HH cards with them at one point.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA - benefits changes in 2021

Via email:

new “benefits”:

- “Receive complimentary access to ID Navigator Powered by NortonLifeLock,™ providing you with the tools to help keep you informed of potential threats to your identity.”

- Access special offers and discounts with Postmates. Get food, drinks, groceries and more delivered right to your door.

Removed benefits:

- Effective
February 1, 2021, the following benefits will no longer be available: Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver and Extended Warranty Protection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.