Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by myfrogger
It isn't for nothing...I have lots of inquiries and got approved instantly. I just think that US Bank bases their approvals on more than just credit score. It's good to read all comments in a thread before making a decision but no reason to listen to blanket statements in all caps.
well.. good for you.
If you had read through 756 posts on US banks Flexperks CC experience and this thread (254 posts), you would notice a clear trend. Nobody said credit score is the only factor. Recent inquiries are a factor for sure. Only US bank can explain how they make decisions, what other factors they use.

Yup - after reading up all 1000+ posts, we can say the risk/reward of applying for this card is not good for folks with recent inquiries.
How recent? how many? tough to judge by reading these posts.
But it is undeniable US bank's CC approval process is ancient, offers poor customer service. At the minimum they are a finicky bank.
Why would I want to wrestle with that especially when there are other CC deals from other banks? I AM TAKING A PASS ON THIS.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
I could really use this card, but considering I'm showing 8 inquiries in the past year on my Experian report (and I currently have it frozen), it might be too risky. Though I guess I could always keep Experian frozen, since I only have 3 on TU and 4 on EQ and try my luck. My scores are all upper 700s, and I don't have any credit report issues, but this still seems like a roll of the dice, which is too bad, cause it could turn 400k points into 800k points pretty quickly.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Majikow
I could really use this card, but considering I'm showing 8 inquiries in the past year on my Experian report (and I currently have it frozen), it might be too risky. Though I guess I could always keep Experian frozen, since I only have 3 on TU and 4 on EQ and try my luck. My scores are all upper 700s, and I don't have any credit report issues, but this still seems like a roll of the dice, which is too bad, cause it could turn 400k points into 800k points pretty quickly.
That's pretty much my plan. Keep EX frozen, hope they pull TU or EQ. They have a proprietary system as well. They pulled EX before, but if it is random, then I have a decent shot of them pulling EQ or TU. They likely wouldn't approve me if they pulled EX, so keeping it frozen will block the hard inquiry. If they don't approve me, it won't matter, as they won't be able to hard pull EX, and I have so few EQ and TU inquiries that a hard pull there doesn't matter, as most credit grantors pull EX in MA anyway. It's a no lose situation for me, other than delaying the rest of the next app cycle a few days to a week.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by jkoenig51
You can call it a reconsideration line if you want, however these people just tell you if approved or not. They don't seem to have any power to approve.
True. No instant on the phone approval as with some other card issuers' reconsideration lines, but I did have a pleasant exchange with the rep.

My experience: Filled out the app, got the 7-10 day response, called the "reconsideration line" and asked about the status of my app. After pulling up my app and having a look at it, the rep put me on hold for a few minutes, came back, and told me everything looked good and that I was now in the "to be approved pile" (rep's exact words) and barring any surprises I could expect to be approved in the next few days (which I was). ^
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
True. No instant on the phone approval as with some other card issuers' reconsideration lines, but I did have a pleasant exchange with the rep.

My experience: Filled out the app, got the 7-10 day response, called the "reconsideration line" and asked about the status of my app. After pulling up my app and having a look at it, the rep put me on hold for a few minutes, came back, and told me everything looked good and that I was now in the "to be approved pile" (rep's exact words) and barring any surprises I could expect to be approved in the next few days (which I was). ^
I got the same experience as well. Sometimes it has something to do with a slight discrepancy to your address or your name on your application from your credit report. They usually take care of it very fast after you call.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by DoubleJ

Note that US Bank's "to be approved pile" means you still have to pass the ARS check, which can burn you if you're applying as part of a churn. I was told multiple times I was basically approved over the phone for the olympic card, only to have ARS come and stab my application in the back a few days later.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I don't plan on adding this card to a churn until next summer but these reports are not looking good. Not sure if It should be first or last card I should apply for. It sounds like this one needs to be a one and done but I don't know if I could personally do just one card and be ok with that.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Arrived today

I applied for the Black VISA Signature and thats what they sent no schtick like they pulled with some people with the FLEX CC

fwiw I didnt get an instant approval but the 7-10 days line instead, as it was posted in the thread in the Hotels forum, log into your CC acct and then try making a res for 2 free nights and see if towards the bottom theres a Red box telling you since you're a CreditCard holder your 2nd night is free, if you see that that means you were approved for the CC
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:10 pm

Received my Letter stating my application cannot be processed unless I unfreeze the following:

Experian, Tranunion and CSC Credit Services.

I guess U.S . Bank is not interested in Equifax. I think I will pass.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:29 pm

CSC credit services owns the file that Equifax resells in some parts of the country.

In a simpler version---CSC Credit Services is Equifax for some people.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I applied for the Black VISA Signature and thats what they sent no schtick like they pulled with some people with the FLEX CC

fwiw I didnt get an instant approval but the 7-10 days line instead, as it was posted in the thread in the Hotels forum, log into your CC acct and then try making a res for 2 free nights and see if towards the bottom theres a Red box telling you since you're a CreditCard holder your 2nd night is free, if you see that that means you were approved for the CC
Got mine today, too!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
A friend of mine applied. First rejection ever. It was a shock for him. LOL.
He doesn't have any cc or loan with US Bank. Has 6 figure income. Credit score in the high 700's. Always paid in full. No bad mark on credit report. But does have 8 inquiries on EX within the last 12 months though.

So look like income, credit score, or # of cc with US Banks has nothing to do with their decision. Most definitely number of recent inquiries.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by echip
A friend of mine applied. First rejection ever. It was a shock for him. LOL.
He doesn't have any cc or loan with US Bank. Has 6 figure income. Credit score in the high 700's. Always paid in full. No bad mark on credit report. But does have 8 inquiries on EX within the last 12 months though.

So look like income, credit score, or # of cc with US Banks has nothing to do with their decision. Most definitely number of recent inquiries.
ouch 6 figure income and high scores in 700 and still rejected? i had an inquiry in september of this year but other than that i haven't been doing any credit card sign-ups at all.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Activated my card that arrived in mail today.

Confirmed with rep, 30K Carlson for $1K spend,
I have the no annual fee card.

OK, 30K Carlson maybe only worth $100-200,
but better than the $50 statement credit
from the Olympic 33K promo that didn't promo.

And that free night when using points is a significant bump.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Note that US Bank's "to be approved pile" means you still have to pass the ARS check, which can burn you if you're applying as part of a churn. I was told multiple times I was basically approved over the phone for the olympic card, only to have ARS come and stab my application in the back a few days later.
Ouch! I guess that would classify as a "surprise".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.