Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myfrogger
Rate of 16.99% which is higher than what I wanted.
Why do you even care what your interest rate is? No matter what it is, it should be irrelevant on a points or miles earning card. Reason: The value gained of the points / miles earned is likely to be far outweighed by the value lost if you even go one statement cycle where you pay the intreest rate.

You should never therefore carry a balance on a points/miles earning card (unless it's in a drawer and you're using it exclusively for a balance transfer promo until that balance transfer is paid off in full, and even then not on a card with an annual fee since the annual fee can in that case trigger the normal interest rate, if your annual fee hits while the balance transfer is sitll on your card).

If you need to carry a balance, you should do it on a separate card (one that is "useless" for your earning purposes), preferably one with no annual fee.

(I have no idea what the interest rate is on any of my points/miles earning cards. I know it's not horrible and I know it's nowhere near the rate on BT offers, and that's all I feel I need to know.)
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:00 pm

I have never ever had a credit card with U.S. Bank before.

I have had 2 Equifax hard inquiries within the past 6 months and 8 within the last year.

Credit sesame is 779.

Does anyone think i have a good chance to be approved for the Premier card?

Experian is frozen so if U.S. Bank should pull and can't see anything, it means no hard inquiry, correct???
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Experian is frozen so if U.S. Bank should pull and can't see anything, it means no hard inquiry, correct???
Correct. I got auto denied because I have Experian frozen. I called underwriter and asked if they could pull Transunion or EQuifax and was told that all three must be unfrozen. At least that is what the one person I talked to told me. I believe they actually pull different bureaus by region. My region happens to be Experian. Since everyone else pulls Experian for my area, I figure I will get denied for too many inquires based on my Experian report so I'm going to skip this one.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:01 pm

Seems like from CA, could be Experian or Equifax pull...

Just tried applying and received the following:

Thank you for your interest in the Club CarlsonSM Premier Rewards Visa Signature® Card. At this time we are unable to approve your application based on the information you have provided. You will receive additional information on your application request via U.S. Mail in 7-10 business days.

I guess it means rejection....Hope it is because U.S. Bank can't pull Experian which I have frozen.

EDIT- Rejection as the computer randomly selected Experian and it is frozen. Was told that I can try again and see if it randomly select Experian, Transunion or Equifax. However, CSR said that the computer system may possibly deny due to duplicate application as I already tried apply last night.

Last edited by metoo; Dec 5, 2012 at 6:10 am
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Why do you even care what your interest rate is? No matter what it is, it should be irrelevant on a points or miles earning card. Reason: The value gained of the points / miles earned is likely to be far outweighed by the value lost if you even go one statement cycle where you pay the intreest rate.

You should never therefore carry a balance on a points/miles earning card (unless it's in a drawer and you're using it exclusively for a balance transfer promo until that balance transfer is paid off in full, and even then not on a card with an annual fee since the annual fee can in that case trigger the normal interest rate, if your annual fee hits while the balance transfer is sitll on your card).

If you need to carry a balance, you should do it on a separate card (one that is "useless" for your earning purposes), preferably one with no annual fee.

(I have no idea what the interest rate is on any of my points/miles earning cards. I know it's not horrible and I know it's nowhere near the rate on BT offers, and that's all I feel I need to know.)
I care because I plan to use the business card for legit business spending in a way to capture some new rewards. And sometimes I want to carry a balance. I generally agree with what you're saying for cards that you use to churn miles/points though. Everyone's situation is different.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jpurple1
Since I am a neebie and wanting to be careful esp. since we have an excellent credit rating does anyone know how these points transfer or if they do? I am interested more in airline travel awards than hotels.

Thanks ahead for anyone that knows!

Joyce
Neebie is good. Kind of like being a virgin. I'd apply for it if I were you. Neebie may be the only people who can get it.
Applying for this one card should not hurt your chance of getting; AA, Delta,United, BA, SouthWest, and others. You are going to need some place to stay sometime.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Sigh... applied for the business card and got the dreaded 7-10 day response.

Not sure what my issue is. Took a look at my credit reports just before applying, and I have 2 hits on Experian, and 1 each for Equifax and Transunion in the past 6 months. Never had a US Bank card. Scores are all in the 770 range...

Called the 1-800-947-1444 number about 1/2 hour after for application status and it seems like maybe they haven't even loaded it in yet. Entered my SSN and couldn't find my app.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by glu800

Not sure what my issue is. Took a look at my credit reports just before applying, and I have 2 hits on Experian, and 1 each for Equifax and Transunion in the past 6 months. Never had a US Bank card. Scores are all in the 770 range...

Called the 1-800-947-1444 number about 1/2 hour after for application status and it seems like maybe they haven't even loaded it in yet. Entered my SSN and couldn't find my app.
Call during work time 7A.M Central Time Monday through Friday
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by glu800

My experience last week was that they are taking about 2-3 biz days to decide. Call each day ifor status if you wish, there is a prompt to speak to a banker if you were impatient for more info.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Does anybody know how aggressive US Bank (compared to Chase) is in inquiring (read: GRILLING) business card applicants about their business? Chase really asked some specific questions about my business when I applied for the Ink. For those who applied for USB's business card, how was it?
I applied for the Flexperks business card when the olympic promo was going on. Had to go to the branch since they didn't do business apps over the phone - the banker just asked me the questions that are on the app, nothing beyond how long in business, how much revenue, business address (same as my home address by the way). Instant approval at that time.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:55 am

Unable to approve

I applied on Sunday evening. Called the 800 number just now. Got "unable to approve" and "you will receive a letter by mail."

Credit score in the high 700s.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by sdsearch

+1000

Never, ever, ever, ever sign up for a card for points or miles if you are planning on carrying a balance. Never. Period. Ever.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I applied for the no-fee 30K points/$1000 spend option.
Received e-mail last night of approval.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:19 am

Looks like a great card, considering if you stay on 2-night base and 5 points on everywhere spend?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:30 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
US Bank Club Carlson Signature Visa Card, 85K Sign up, 40k/yr upon renewal

I applied for a business card and luckily got approved now have to wait to get the card to book some 2 nights stay on points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.