Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ttonev
Right now I have Gold Status that comes with the VISA card. Status expiration is next year. Will I lose status now if I cancel the card now or it will expire as scheduled?
It should remain until February, as scheduled.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
It should remain until February, as scheduled.
How did you know it is February?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Award and to CC. Booked 2 beds so a long time friend of mine can sleep on his bed but kept giving us queen. He had to sleep on a twin size bed that they brought from somewhere.
Wow, in this case the CC member service is not bad at all. Instead of just giving you some condolence points, they basically refunded the total redemption cost.

I am still waiting for their email reply on whether cancelling the Visa would affect the existing 2-4-1 bookings on stays well into the future.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Wow, in this case the CC member service is not bad at all. Instead of just giving you some condolence points, they basically refunded the total redemption cost.

I am still waiting for their email reply on whether cancelling the Visa would affect the existing 2-4-1 bookings on stays well into the future.
Wasn't easy though. many days and back and forths! I had to wait 3 hrs just to get a king size bed for 2 straight guys.After that, I got a king bed, my friend got a twin size tiny bed which was shameful! and NO gold benefits what soever!
I originally booked 2 beds.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by alect
Yes indeed - one complication - I don't currently live in USA. So can't walk into a store to buy a VGC. I think my options are limited to Amex GC bought online.

Are there any other options - like virtual GCs (visa or Amex) which I don't even have to get delivered?
So having maxed out my actual spend I decided to buy an Amex Gift Card to get to the minimum spend.

Bought it online, then checked my Carlson account, and it seems it was debited and credited on the same day. I went back to the Amex order and it said "denied". No idea why???

It's now my last day for the spend and I am trying again for the Amex GC. If that doesn't work then Visa GC from GiftCardsMall.com??
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by alect
So having maxed out my actual spend I decided to buy an Amex Gift Card to get to the minimum spend.

Bought it online, then checked my Carlson account, and it seems it was debited and credited on the same day. I went back to the Amex order and it said "denied". No idea why???

It's now my last day for the spend and I am trying again for the Amex GC. If that doesn't work then Visa GC from GiftCardsMall.com??
Won't work. amex won't charge you until they ship the cards.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ttonev
How did you know it is February?
I believe that is the end of the standard CC program year. That, and my account says Gold until Feb.

Btw: these questions have also been discussed at length in the Club Carlson forum- there are at least 2 threads there regarding changes to the credit card. It may be worth reading those as well.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
My annual fee was going to post in like 1 week but I called to cancel the card today and they refunded the $75 I paid last year due to the benefits changes. I already have like 1 million carlson points, so I don't need anymore.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TAWS
My annual fee was going to post in like 1 week but I called to cancel the card today and they refunded the $75 I paid last year due to the benefits changes. I already have like 1 million carlson points, so I don't need anymore.
Did you need to ask for it or they automatically brought this up?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Did you need to ask for it or they automatically brought this up?
You have to ask to speak with a supervisor. I don't think the regular agents have the ability to waive it.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TAWS
You have to ask to speak with a supervisor. I don't think the regular agents have the ability to waive it.
Thanks for the tip. But I guess you would still need to request the refund though now there is no resistance like a couple months ago.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:53 am

Thanks for the tip. But I guess you would still need to request the refund though now there is no resistance like a couple months ago.
very easy, talk to a supervisor and ask to cancel the card and issue fee refund due to the benefit elimination
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you lose CC Gold status right away if you cancel this card?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Do you lose CC Gold status right away if you cancel this card?
no
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
very easy, talk to a supervisor and ask to cancel the card and issue fee refund due to the benefit elimination
Thanks, that is exactly how it happened. The CS cancelled my card but told me it was to late to issue a refund for the AF (AF paid in April).

Transferred to a supervisor who said that only because of the situation with Club Carlson, he was issuing a statement credit for the AF and then mailing it as a check to my house (Card balance was $0).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.