Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:58 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Agree. I was happy to have points when we went to Norway and Sweden. Anyone going to Scandinavia will find good use of Radisson points.
Originally Posted by fredc84
Same. We did a bunch of traveling in Scandinavia a few years back, but we always tend to go to somewhere new. Now that we're going to Portugal and looking at S. Germany, the pickings are getting slimmer for Radisson.
I still need to digest the changes. When I login into the non-US app, it shows the same amount of Radisson points. So it seems I can still use the points for non-US stays. I do not chase any elite status, so the night count does not matter to me.

I admit that the last Radisson hotel I stayed was like 5 years ago, even before I got this card. The sweet point of this card is the 40k points each year. That alone more than offsets the annual fee.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:04 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

We still have three business and one personal card in the family fleet. I focused many tens of thousands of dollars in spend on them in 2019-2020, only to find the earned Ecerts essentially unusable due to the web site flaws. Those Ecert booking flaws must have been delibrate... we spent hours trying to use expiring Ecerts, and the experience was frustrating and terrible. It's hard not to feel the sting of bait and switch when I could have easily directed my spending to better credit cards with usable perks. Now the web sites need to be accessed differently. I think that means I'll have eight log ins for one dumb program-- four domestic and four for the rest of the world. It already sounds awful. I haven't tried the European one yet, so I don't know yet how big the hassle will be to book a room abroad.

Due to covid travel cutbacks, I'm not sure if the Radisson program still works for us. We haven't been able to assess it with actual hotel stays. I'm going to give it another year. The fees are low on the cards and the 40K points upon renewal should still have some value. We shall see.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:58 pm
Original Member

120K offer

I added the 120K offer to the wiki.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:13 am

Is it possible to have multiple Radisson rewards cards linked to the same Radisson account number? That is to say can a Radisson personal card and a Radisson business card be linked to the same account?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by mster
Is it possible to have multiple Radisson rewards cards linked to the same Radisson account number? That is to say can a Radisson personal card and a Radisson business card be linked to the same account?
Not in my case (from a number of years ago). You get 2 Radisson accounts, I think this is per US Bank. I wanted them to merge it into just one, but they said not possible. The only benefit is that you can double dip from easy promos (like the current one that is stay 2X, get 15K). Then you can easily transfer points between accounts.
mster likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Not in my case (from a number of years ago). You get 2 Radisson accounts, I think this is per US Bank. I wanted them to merge it into just one, but they said not possible. The only benefit is that you can double dip from easy promos (like the current one that is stay 2X, get 15K). Then you can easily transfer points between accounts.
So if you have a Radisson personal card & a Radisson business card you will now need to maintain *three* separate Radisson accounts (Radisson Americas #1 w/personal, Radisson Americas #2 w/biz & Radisson non-Americas) rather than the previous 2 (Radisson #1 w/personal & Radisson #2 w/biz)?

Is there seriously no more sane way to deal with this than having to maintain three separate accounts?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:14 am

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
So if you have a Radisson personal card & a Radisson business card you will now need to maintain *three* separate Radisson accounts (Radisson Americas #1 w/personal, Radisson Americas #2 w/biz & Radisson non-Americas) rather than the previous 2 (Radisson #1 w/personal & Radisson #2 w/biz)?

Is there seriously no more sane way to deal with this than having to maintain three separate accounts?
I also have 2 accounts: 1 personal and 1 business.

But what is this third account (Radisson non-Americas)?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by echip
I also have 2 accounts: 1 personal and 1 business.

But what is this third account (Radisson non-Americas)?
Yes. The account one of my cards was linked to was converted to a non-Americas account after the split.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:36 am

Actually as many as 4 accounts could be required. Points transfers between Radisson Americas and Radisson EMEA are only allowed if the email address on the accounts match. Will they allow you to have two Radisson Americas accounts with the same email? If not, you'd need two EMEA accounts to match.

The specific limitation seems to be that each Radisson account can be linked to at most one Visa card. I just spoke to Radisson Americas and they were able to link my business Visa to the Americas account which was formerly associated to my personal Visa. The personal Visa was cancelled years ago. Or at least, they were able to request that they be linked. Apparently the request now goes to the "person in charge" who may take 4-6 weeks to process it.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Paid my annual fee last month (1/6) and still no 40k bonus points. This happened to my biz card a few years back so I just canceled.

I haven't taken the time to sort of out my account numbers since the split. I can't seem to log in using my credentials on either the Americans or World website. I guess I need to call in and get this straightened out. Maybe I have a new account that was created that the 40k was deposited in?

This seems so overly complicated.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by merice107107
Paid my annual fee last month (1/6) and still no 40k bonus points. This happened to my biz card a few years back so I just canceled.
DoC thinks the cards may have been discontinued,

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-b...-discontinued/

My AF posted on 1/19, and the points haven’t posted yet. Looking at my Radisson account, last year they didn’t post until mid-March. Don’t have records to check whether that is normal.

I am thinking I might just cancel the card to simplify my life.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I won't be too upset if USB discontinues the card, although I just hit $30K in spending for the year, so would hate to not receive the three award nights when the card renews in September.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
DoC thinks the cards may have been discontinued,

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-b...-discontinued/

My AF posted on 1/19, and the points haven’t posted yet. Looking at my Radisson account, last year they didn’t post until mid-March. Don’t have records to check whether that is normal.

2 month lag on the points posting is unfortunately normal
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by DrPeppa
2 month lag on the points posting is unfortunately normal
Agree. I just checked my account. The 40K credit card bonus posted in both 2020 and 2021 exactly 2 months after the annual credit card fee posted.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Bus Visa

Woohoo. Called when $60 af billed on Business Visa. I got a $60 next statement credit to offset. Keeping the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.