Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
Not sure how helpful, but I picked up the business version for SO in March and we are both at 'LOL/24' as you say (basically one a month for 24/24). Had no problem getting it.
Yay ! Thank You so much. Experian puts me at 18/24. And I'm not sure, but it seems with most banks it's easier to get a personal card than a bus card, so my prospects look much better than I'd feared.
fredc84 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Looks like the 120k offer is still up: https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...t32172&lang=en
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Looks like the 120k offer is still up: https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...t32172&lang=en
Thank you So Much. Barclays has twice sent me a targeted offer for a 110K point card, with a hard exp date, then when I went to apply a couple of weeks before that date, said "no longer available". This is 10K better than my target offer, and I just checked and it's still open today.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Thank you So Much. Barclays has twice sent me a targeted offer for a 110K point card, with a hard exp date, then when I went to apply a couple of weeks before that date, said "no longer available". This is 10K better than my target offer, and I just checked and it's still open today.
Finally got around to applying for this yesterday. Got an instant denial, "letter coming to explain why". I'm guessing it's because of MAC. I haven't applied for anything in 10 weeks, but before that I was LOL/6.
I have had both the personal and the business before, but not within the last 12 months, and did quite a bit of spend on both of them.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:52 pm

I didn't see this elsewhere, but if I got the 85K bonus 5 years ago on the personal card, could I get a repeat bonus now for signing up again?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by xooz
I didn't see this elsewhere, but if I got the 85K bonus 5 years ago on the personal card, could I get a repeat bonus now for signing up again?
I'm not sure but I would think you should be ok but I would read the T&C of the application before you submit. You mention you got the bonus 5 years ago but when did you close that account? If recently I might wait.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
I'm not sure but I would think you should be ok but I would read the T&C of the application before you submit. You mention you got the bonus 5 years ago but when did you close that account? If recently I might wait.
Looking back, I see I re-upped for the AF last in March of 2017, so probably cancelled March 2018. Given the below I think I may be fine.

From the website application link:
" Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card, another Radisson Rewards credit card product or a Radisson Rewards credit card within the last 12 months. If your Account is not open for at least 6 months, Radisson Rewards and U.S. Bank reserve the right to deduct the New Account bonus points from your Radisson Rewards account."
Old Dec 22, 2019, 9:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xooz
Looking back, I see I re-upped for the AF last in March of 2017, so probably cancelled March 2018. Given the below I think I may be fine.

From the website application link:
" Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card, another Radisson Rewards credit card product or a Radisson Rewards credit card within the last 12 months. If your Account is not open for at least 6 months, Radisson Rewards and U.S. Bank reserve the right to deduct the New Account bonus points from your Radisson Rewards account."
Bear in mind that they will also consider how many accounts you've opened in the last couple of years. I was well past the 12 months, but denied due to having gotten LOL ccs from other banks in that time frame.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:12 am

Anyone know if the 12 months wait to apply is enforced. I've kept the card for 7 years and want to cancel and apply again. Doc shows 120k now. We can get us bank cards because we've banked with them for years.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:49 am

Is this card worth getting and/or renewing? I am looking for hotels credit cards and although it seems a generous point offer of 85K (even 120K now)...but seems redemption value is bad. Like you need around 40K for one night at an average room/hotel with them. And not sure if those points are inclusive or you need to pay extra for fees/taxes (someone confirms please)
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Is this card worth getting and/or renewing? I am looking for hotels credit cards and although it seems a generous point offer of 85K (even 120K now)...but seems redemption value is bad. Like you need around 40K for one night at an average room/hotel with them. And not sure if those points are inclusive or you need to pay extra for fees/taxes (someone confirms please)
In my experience, the free award nights are inclusive of taxes.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:57 pm

As a reminder, the free night awards are US only.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Hi everyone,
I have a personal and a business card from 6-7 year ago. I am thinking about closing a personal card, and keep only my business card.
Do I call USBank to cancel the personal card first, and then call Radisson Rewards to combine the rewards points from the 2 accounts?
Or should I call to combine the points first, and then call USBank to cancel my personal card after the points are successfully combined?

Last edited by echip; Jan 31, 2020 at 5:58 pm
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by echip
Hi everyone,
I have a personal and a business card from 6-7 year ago. I am thinking about closing a personal card, and keep only my business card.
Do I call USBank to cancel the personal card first, and then call Radisson Rewards to combine the rewards points from the 2 accounts?
Or should I call to combine the points first, and then call USBank to cancel my personal card after the points are successfully combined?
Per the T&C "Radisson Rewards members with Elite Status may transfer points from that member’s account to another Radisson Rewards account upon request." So which card(s) are active should not matter as long as the sending account still has status.

Let me know if you manage to get it done. I asked to merge my personal and business accounts several times and was denied, but I think I made the wrong request. Seems like I should have asked to transfer points rather than to merge accounts. No matter, I spent down the points from the personal account.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by echip
Hi everyone,
You cant combine Radisson personal and business accounts, while some complain about this, it is a good thing since you can double dip on promos.

Call Radisson to transfer points between accounts. You can leave both accounts open if you wish so.

​​​​​Call US Bank to close CC accounts.

BTW, both Radisson and US bank CS are useless and they love to make stuff up when they don't know. Don't ask complex questions and Radisson knows about points and us bank knows about cc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.