Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
Without creating another thread, some of us received special offer,

radissonvisaoffers.com

Use your card for purchase from August 1 through Sept 20, 2018, once you spend $1100 in net purchases during the promotion period, additional net purchases will earn 1 bonus point per dollar spent up to 5000 points.

I must say I'm amused, you'll earn at most 5000 points, I have bigger priority now to fulfill spend (WF Propel) as well as better return for traveling (Citi TYP).
I got a slightly worse offer: my net purchase amount was $2000. Ridiculous. Card is more or less sock drawered.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tele02
How quickly do the 50,000 bonus points after 1st purchase post? F.e. after the first statement closes?
Yes, the 50000 bonus points are sent to Radisson Rewards when the first statement closes (assuming you had the 1st purchase post prior to that statement closing, of course). That just happened to me.

Originally Posted by tele02
Is it possible to move the statement date if necessary, to make the points post sooner?
Sorry, I don't know. Plus, I don't know if the answer would be different for the personal card vs the business card. So you may just want to call up US Bank and ask once you have the card activated.

In my case, I was in no hurry (I had plenty of points already with no immediate use for them, and only got the card to just add to that stockpile), so I just stuck with the statement dates they gave me.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 466SHH

I got a slightly worse offer: my net purchase amount was $2000. Ridiculous. Card is more or less sock drawered.
I have $2000 spend threshold, then earn 3 extra pts up to 5000 bonus pts. Does that mean starting $2001 it would be 8pt per $1 spend, and the bonus runs out at $1667 after $2000?
Card is dormant after meeting the initial sign up spend.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:37 am

If you don't have go to hotels where this card makes sense then as always, YMMV. With the current system in place, $30k spent on the card annually plus your AF (mine is $75 for personal), yields 6.8 nights for me in NYC (3 certs + 190k points). A fantastic deal to get a free night per $5k spent (actually less than $5k depending on how you factor in the AF). Little bonuses for 5,000 radisson points here and there certainly aren't newsworthy, but anything extra is better than nothing. I think I got three of them last year and I was already spending on the card so an extra 15k points didn't hurt. This card for me is easily worth the annual fee.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
If you don't have go to hotels where this card makes sense then as always, YMMV. With the current system in place, $30k spent on the card annually plus your AF (mine is $75 for personal), yields 6.8 nights for me in NYC (3 certs + 190k points). A fantastic deal to get a free night per $5k spent (actually less than $5k depending on how you factor in the AF). Little bonuses for 5,000 radisson points here and there certainly aren't newsworthy, but anything extra is better than nothing. I think I got three of them last year and I was already spending on the card so an extra 15k points didn't hurt. This card for me is easily worth the annual fee.
Jokes aside about this particular offer, I put all of the non bonus spend along with my stays at Country Inn here (within US), it's not hard to meet 10K a year, which adds another 2% return per dollar spend, so close to (or more than depending on your scenario) other popular rewards cards' 3% offers where you get close to 5% redeeming for travelling.

In fact I picked this card over Chase CSP (I didn’t get caught up with the hype) when I was under 5/24 as it met my immediate needs. I value the annual renewal bonus much more than sign-on bonuses. USB’s other co-brand cards tend to be this way (ie. bonus renewal miles for LATAM).
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I have $2000 spend threshold, then earn 3 extra pts up to 5000 bonus pts. Does that mean starting $2001 it would be 8pt per $1 spend, and the bonus runs out at $1667 after $2000?
Card is dormant after meeting the initial sign up spend.
That's how I read it. Another way to say it the maximum bonus is equal to 5000 bonus points on a total spend of $3667. Definitely meh.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's how I read it. Another way to say it the maximum bonus is equal to 5000 bonus points on a total spend of $3667. Definitely meh.
Thanks for putting it in a much needed perspective. The $3667 spend would earn much better return elsewhere.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:51 pm

I am sure this is asked and answered somewhere (I apologize), but spending $30k gets me 3 certs AFTER my next annual fee? Or I get them immediately on each $10k that I spend?

One really nice US based property is the Radisson USC. Convenient to events at Staples Center and the football stadium.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by kaw753
I am sure this is asked and answered somewhere (I apologize), but spending $30k gets me 3 certs AFTER my next annual fee? Or I get them immediately on each $10k that I spend?

One really nice US based property is the Radisson USC. Convenient to events at Staples Center and the football stadium.
you will get the certificates via email two billing periods After the annual fee is paid.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:39 pm

Wife and I just got targeted promos (unique registration numbers) for 10,000 points for spending $10 or more on 10 purchases between 10/5 and 10/31 on our US Bank Radisson cards. Not limited to any specific category (i.e. Dining, Gas, etc) - looks like the spend can be done anywhere. Email was titled "Earn 10,000 bonus points during October – it’s easy"
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Wife and I just got targeted promos (unique registration numbers) for 10,000 points for spending $10 or more on 10 purchases between 10/5 and 10/31 on our US Bank Radisson cards. Not limited to any specific category (i.e. Dining, Gas, etc) - looks like the spend can be done anywhere. Email was titled "Earn 10,000 bonus points during October – it’s easy"
+1 for personal and business card, easy points.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:22 pm

This thread just popped up for me.

had this card for a couple years, used the old last night free benefit a bunch. RIP.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:25 pm

Anyone applied for this card recently? Or have DPs from folks that have (perhaps Reddit)?

There is a new, limited time offer on this personal card. 100,000 points after $2,500 spend. We have a favorite Rad Blu hotel in Europe where a premium view room costs $550 a night, whereas the points cost for that room would be $110 a night after AF and MS fees on the $2,500 spend. Tempted to have DW and I each get that card, but I don't know the current USB attitude on MAC. I'm at 5/6, DW is at 4/6, and it only makes sense if we both get the card, so we have at least 2 nights there. Maybe each get the Bus version again too, so we have 4 nights. Loath to waste the HP if it's an obvious no-go though.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
you may want to confirm that the FN certs (10k/nt) will work at your targeted hotel. i thought they were USA only?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
you may want to confirm that the FN certs (10k/nt) will work at your targeted hotel. i thought they were USA only?
Doesn't look like they were talking about those US free night certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.