Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called US Bank to cancel the personal card. Rep said not possible to transfer credit line. Does not really matter. What is interesting is, rep mentioned it would be better to cancel before the AF was billed. though once AF was billed, there would still be 30 days to cancel to get the fee reversed but the way he put it seemed like it often was a hassle. Just bring up this point here for those who intend to cancel their personal cards to mark their calendars.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Thanks for sharing that. I'd read elsewhere that credit line reallocation was sometimes possible with USB "with manager approval" so it's good to have a data point on this. I'm planning to cancel the card myself within the next couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by Happy
Called US Bank to cancel the personal card. Rep said not possible to transfer credit line.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by progapanda
Thanks for sharing that. I'd read elsewhere that credit line reallocation was sometimes possible with USB "with manager approval" so it's good to have a data point on this. I'm planning to cancel the card myself within the next couple of weeks.
Did not know that but also did not matter much. The personal card started with 12K 3 or more years ago and was raised by the bank to 22K within the first year of existence. Never used more than 50% even during the hey days of 241. The biz card started with 10K and I have no vision I would need anything more than meeting the 2.5K MSR to earn the remaining 35K. That mission has already accomplished so going forward there would be very sporadic spend. It is purely a replacement of the personal with lower fee, and also get the sign up bonus, versus paying $75 for 40K annual bonus on the personal for yet another year. I should have done that last year but inertia made me passed the deadline to cancel the personal within time to get AF reversed so I waited till this year.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:52 pm

So, my card is expiring, and I just got the new one in the mail. Weirdly, it came with the welcome letter, explaining the 85k sign up bonus (50+35), even though I've had the card for years and should only be getting the 40k annual renewal bonus. I doubt I'll actually get the extra points, but I'll update if I actually see anything extra show up. I'm guessing they just glued the card to the wrong letter. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:26 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

This program has just been revamped and is now called Radisson Rewards. The credit cards will have a free night certificate, up to 3x, for each spend of $10,000 put on the card. Still domestic free nights only, sadly.

I've had some trouble keeping up with the spend tally. I hope that either Radisson or US Bank will offer some sort of spending tracker that ties to the membership year, so a cardholder can keep track of how close they are to the free night reward. The premium cards still have the 40K renewal bonus.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:34 am

Can someone definitively answer this question: can I apply for multiple cards (e.g., a Business and a Personal or two personal) and get the bonus for both of them? Hard to tell from the disclaimer...
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Can someone definitively answer this question: can I apply for multiple cards (e.g., a Business and a Personal or two personal) and get the bonus for both of them? Hard to tell from the disclaimer...
I did 1 biz, 1 personal without a real problem back in 2013. Don't know if that helps. (The only managable problem is that each card gets its own Radisson account)

J4H
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
I'm having trouble justifying cancelling this card. I haven't stayed at a Club Carlson or spent anything on this card since the 2-for-1 died, but $60 for 40k points is pretty dang good, I think. What am I missing here? Why are people jumping ship?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
I'm having trouble justifying cancelling this card. I haven't stayed at a Club Carlson or spent anything on this card since the 2-for-1 died, but $60 for 40k points is pretty dang good, I think. What am I missing here? Why are people jumping ship?
What you are missing is that most people are turned off by Radisson's lack of properties in general, and most are very basic, few aspirational.

But there are a handful of good ones. I still have the personal and business cards, pay the annual fees as a way to get cheap points and use them with great value at peak times or prime spots. I also Ms the $10K to get the free night certificate.

But many people prefer to participate in larger hotel programs and have their cobranded credit cards.

I believe Radisson CC is generous at 10X spend, last year there were multiple targeted spend offers, and I was able to get a lot of points to redeem at great value during peak season.

The major disadvantage is that US Bank & Radisson has very ineffective and poorly trained customer service.

But like I stated, most people prefer Chase and Amex and Marriott, Spg, Hyatt, IHG and Hilton which have far better customer Service and better properties.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
This program has just been revamped and is now called Radisson Rewards. The credit cards will have a free night certificate, up to 3x, for each spend of $10,000 put on the card. Still domestic free nights only, sadly.

I've had some trouble keeping up with the spend tally. I hope that either Radisson or US Bank will offer some sort of spending tracker that ties to the membership year, so a cardholder can keep track of how close they are to the free night reward. The premium cards still have the 40K renewal bonus.
Is this effective immediately about the 3x free nights per $10k spent. My annual statement is coming up in a few months and I've already done the first $10k, but could easily do the second $10k and get two nights after my annual statement cuts?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:46 am

I don't care about aspirational properties and only care about getting the most nights in a perfectly acceptable hotel room per year. I have Biz, wife has personal. We'll be full time traveling so more nights is the metric we're after. It will be difficult to MS $10k on each card overseas though. Club Carlson properties overseas have been mostly great for us and are a good value in Europe.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Is this effective immediately about the 3x free nights per $10k spent. My annual statement is coming up in a few months and I've already done the first $10k, but could easily do the second $10k and get two nights after my annual statement cuts?
I think it is part of the new program, which has rolled out. You should check, though, before launching into the next tier. I'd appreciate knowing the definitive answer myself.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
I don't care about aspirational properties and only care about getting the most nights in a perfectly acceptable hotel room per year. I have Biz, wife has personal. We'll be full time traveling so more nights is the metric we're after. It will be difficult to MS $10k on each card overseas though. Club Carlson properties overseas have been mostly great for us and are a good value in Europe.
I've never used the certificate, as I'm not aware of any US property I'd want to stay at, or at least anywhere I would normally already want to be. But yes, there are a handful of aspirational properties in Europe. Oh if only the certificates were good to use for those, but sadly not.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I've never used the certificate, as I'm not aware of any US property I'd want to stay at, or at least anywhere I would normally already want to be. But yes, there are a handful of aspirational properties in Europe. Oh if only the certificates were good to use for those, but sadly not.
I you already had a certificate, I presume you'd try to use it up (rather than throw it away)? There must be "decent enough" non-aspirational properties to "use up" a certificate on if you happen to have one (just to save some money on one hotel night where you're not doing much at the hotel anyway)?

So I presume what you actually meant was that you've never bothered to pursue earning a certificate?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Yeah, not being able to use them overseas is a real let down since that's where all the best properties are.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.