Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is there any problems with getting a business card without a properly registered LLC or some official business entity?
When I called in, I was told that my business card couldn't be approved because my business needs to be registered.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:08 pm

Reading through the older posts, it seems that recon takes 3-6 days, and it's not "instant" like other card issuers that I used to work with. My credit history is still short, but score is decent, and by next month I will have no pulls in last 6mth, but 3-5 for the last 12mth.

I'm planning to do an AOR. Will you guys recommend:
(a) Apply for this card first, wait for approval or recon, then AOR the other cards?
or
(b) Apply for all cards together

My concern with (b) is that during recon, they will see all my apps (planning on applying 3 other cards) and get spooked. This card is also highest on my priority list right now too....
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Reading through the older posts, it seems that recon takes 3-6 days, and it's not "instant" like other card issuers that I used to work with. My credit history is still short, but score is decent, and by next month I will have no pulls in last 6mth, but 3-5 for the last 12mth.

I'm planning to do an AOR. Will you guys recommend:
(a) Apply for this card first, wait for approval or recon, then AOR the other cards?
or
(b) Apply for all cards together

My concern with (b) is that during recon, they will see all my apps (planning on applying 3 other cards) and get spooked. This card is also highest on my priority list right now too....
App for this card first. See what happens then app for the others. That's what I would/did do. Bottom line is that this is your priority card so try to make this one happen first.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:57 pm

Is there a visual difference between Premier and regular CC visa signature card?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:37 pm

Europe

Originally Posted by jandmmom
"and now the signup bonus, this will make for a luxurious 2 weeks at 50K hotels for our summer vacation to Europe."

I would love to hear the details of your itinerary for Europe & using the CC points. We are aiming for summer 2014 for Europe, so we're working on getting all of our ducks (points) in a row
Sure. We're staring in London (4 nights)-->Madrid (2 Nights)-->Paris (2 Nights)-->Rome (3 Nights)-->Frankfurt (3 Nights). All Club Carlson.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by phdtomd
App for this card first. See what happens then app for the others. That's what I would/did do. Bottom line is that this is your priority card so try to make this one happen first.

Let's say if I applied and got a pending message.
When you said "see what happens", do you mean wait a few days until they approved/declined me, or simply wait an hour or so later?

I am assuming they pulled my credit report before they gave me a pending message. So it is safe to apply for "other" cards an hour later because they won't see my "other" pulls, right?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:57 pm
umc

Originally Posted by joyipfly
When you said "see what happens", do you mean wait a few days until they approved/declined me, or simply wait an hour or so later?

I am assuming they pulled my credit report before they gave me a pending message. So it is safe to apply for "other" cards an hour later because they won't see my "other" pulls, right?
I think it's safe to do other apps after you submitted the Club Carlson one. At least, that's what I did. I got the message and was approved two days later. I also applied for two Chase cards right after my US Bank app. Both Chase cards were approved after calling reconsideration line and moved some credit around.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by joyipfly

I would be inclined to agree. App first for the Club Carlson card, ( time I think may be arbitrary), then app for others on same day. I think the main thing is app for this one first.

I will say this though and take it with a grain of salt. When I applied for this card, I used the link from an email I got and got an instant approval. I am superstitious though. I was denied about a year ago for an SPG card. When I applied, I used a link on the Amex site. Then I applied a month later ( newb ) this time using the link from my email and got an instant approval. If you have a cc account already chances are you have a link in your email, give it a shot, couldn't hurt right?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:14 pm

Received my card today. Initially denied, but called in and it was reconsidered. After confirming denial was not due to my credit rating but instead to recent other apps, I communicated how much I wanted this card and that I posed little risk. The analyst finally volunteered that she would bring it up with a supervisor, and asked that I call back at the end of the week (three days). I called in four days and was told my card was on the way. So do not give up if you were denied.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jetsfan
Received my card today. Initially denied, but called in and it was reconsidered. After confirming denial was not due to my credit rating but instead to recent other apps, I communicated how much I wanted this card and that I posed little risk. The analyst finally volunteered that she would bring it up with a supervisor, and asked that I call back at the end of the week (three days). I called in four days and was told my card was on the way. So do not give up if you were denied.
My wife got a pending yesterday and called in today. CSR said that it would be reviewed within 3 business days and stated no more information was needed. I'm wondering if she didn't call the right number.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Rodeojones
My wife got a pending yesterday and called in today. CSR said that it would be reviewed within 3 business days and stated no more information was needed. I'm wondering if she didn't call the right number.
My call to get reconsidered was not made until about two or three weeks after I received a denied letter in the mail. Be patient.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by longroller
Is there a visual difference between Premier and regular CC visa signature card?
Lower level card is white, 5x points card is black. For some reason, I was initially sent the lesser card then automatically sent the better card a couple weeks later.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:03 pm

US Bank Club Carlson Signature Visa Card, 85K Sign up, 40k/yr upon renewal

Thanks for the answer because on their website the Premier rewards Signature Visa and the regular Signature Visa are both Black
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:38 am

Applying for Biz and Personal Card - 2 pulls or 1 pull

I searched through the thread, but I couldn't find any info on this. I'm wondering if applying for Biz Card and Personal Card at the same time will result in enquiries being combined into 1 pull or whether it will be 2 hard pulls. My experience is that applying for Chase Biz card and personal card on same day is 2 separate pulls, but I don't know with US Bank. Anyone have experience with this?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:11 am
Suspended

Any data point in terms getting converted your Platinum version to premier version? I was denied initially but called several times for recon. Finally get a helpful Credit Analyst who approved the card, taking away $5k limit from my other $24K US bank card. I didn't asked which card I was getting (assuming it will be premier which I originally applied) but just got this white Platinum card. Any chance I can talk to them again and ask them to convert it to premier? I already spoke with one person and I got a big NO. I have a very good credit with credit limits in excess of $20K with major players including US bank on a single cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.