Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:07 pm

Welcome gift is hit or miss for Gold members. At the Colorado Springs Radisson is has been a big bag of some local sweets, like chocolate or dried fruit. At the Country Inn and Suites in Portland, they didn't even remember to give me a gift, I had to ask for it, and it was just some cookies.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Gold = 50% points bonus
Silver = 25%
This bonus refers to points earned from spending at their hotels, right? So all members bet 20 pts/$1 spent, but gold members get an additional 10 pts?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
What are the odds of downgrading the first year?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:43 pm

As a gold I got a fruit plate and 2k bonus points from the hotel in addition to being upgraded to a suite at the Ontario Radisson.

I've stayed at the Park Plaza Soi 18 in BKK about 4 times and have been upgraded to a suite only once, corner deluxe 2 other times. I did not receive any welcome gift.

I've also stayed at a couple in the Orlando and Pennsylvania area where I did not get squat.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by glynot
Curious, what's the issue with US Bank?
Very tough to get a credit card.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Quit knocking my sorta-alma-mater-ish bank (I cut my teeth in banking in one of their previous incarnations)!

These guys on the board are just sore that US Bank refused to play fair when we were relieving The US Mint of its great inventory burden. For some reason the bank was convinced that buying money at cost was a cash advance, or at least should not be rewarded with FlexPerks. The bank receives some good reviews among "regular-joe" customers, but generally does not share the love with our kind.

I will say that I give the bank decent marks for their state of internal controls. which is to say they just ain't my favorite bank.

Originally Posted by PDXBRU33
Let's just say they are not as "polished" in their execution and servicing as Chase, Citi and AmEx are.

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Dec 1, 2012 at 4:03 pm
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by metoo
Think I will pass. Not that difficult getting 50k CC points. Waiting for the Radisson Big Giveaway which I can pay about $60 per night to earn 50k.
Also, not crazy about U.S Bank even though I don't even own a credit card from them.
Ditto x2.

Originally Posted by spankytoes
I got pretty much the same answer for the personal card albeit my score is 753. First time applying for a US Bank card. Rep said that everything looks good and this is S.O.P. for them because they may need to verify some info.
I applied for a Lifemiles card with my last churn the beginning of last month. They sent a letter saying that I needed to call in order for them to verify more information. I didn't call since I simply applied on a whim to boost points if the shopping deal materializes. If what another poster wrote about them denying for 4+ inquiries, then I'm SOL anyway since I was approved for 6 other cards at the time.

Originally Posted by phdtomd
Is it possible that the olympics flex perks promo was such a dud due to an unexpected turnout and the points got higher than they expected/wanted?
Not likely.

For anyone considering this card, unless you travel internationally, you really should have a(some) property(ies) in mind. During the Big Night Giveaway, I was extremely underwhelmed by the quality of a dozen + Carlson properties. However, I'm really looking forward to my Blu stay in Berlin this summer.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I am one of those who got 5k instead of 33k
on the Olympics promotion, despite 740 score,
given CL of $7K with stupid white card.

Have 370K Carlson, earned via Giveaway,
at roughly $50-60 per 50K points,
about the same rate as card annual fee here would yield.

I did the fee free 30K/$1K spend ap just to get some.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Dec 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Anybody get approved by this thing?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:47 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Seems like getting approved is a pain and points arent that great. Pass... thnx folks.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by blackmamba
Anybody get approved by this thing?
Got immediate approval for the biz card earlier today, $8.5k limit. Wish I'd read the fine print on points transfers to airline partners though. Mistakenly assumed woud be 1:1 or such and acted a tad impulsively. May not have pulled the trigger had I done better homework upfront.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by sfernando
Got immediate approval for the biz card earlier today, $8.5k limit. Wish I'd read the fine print on points transfers to airline partners though. Mistakenly assumed woud be 1:1 or such and acted a tad impulsively. May not have pulled the trigger had I done better homework upfront.

Congratulations!

How many hard inquiries within the last 6 months and a year and from what credit bureau was the pull?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by sfernando
what about the airline points transfer?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by eSurfer
what about the airline points transfer?
Carlson points transfer to airlines at a rate of 50k carlson/9k airline
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
It is essentially 1:1. 50k Carlson = 10k "true" miles as it is 5x per $ spent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.