Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
My card showed up today via overnight UPS as promised. The original card never showed up.

Is there a special site for the Carlson card to setup the online account?
US Bank's own site, where else?

You would register your card under online banking.

There are a bunch of security questions you need to pick from and provide answers, as well as a "site key" image similar to what BofA or Barclays use in their online access.

Once you get it done you can see your account online. The account page is a very CRUDE one and LACK of many desired information. It is a retarded site.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heyman123
wwwdotusbankdotcom

rant: holy crap! they take forever to show up any activities you may have had on the card! I funded WF on the 15th and have been checking US Bank and still see no activities, not even a section for pending activities!
WF did, in fact, take the charge though. Still, US Bank needs to invest in better web devs.
No, US Bank does not have the Pending Activities nor the Available Credit information online.

Many of us think this is a deficiency. Yet someone here thinks new account shows up automatically without manual adding is "superior" than, say, Citi's system which has a lot more information including available credit and now also Pending Activities. I think 99% of the people would like to see Pending Activities online Any Day than the one-time small convenience of no manual adding new account.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: aa exp, ihg plat amb
After being approved on Jan 7, card came in the mail today.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Happy
This time it asked the correct question and then pulled up the correct account. I had my profile set NOT to ask the question on each log in and registered the computer. Apparently since 2 accounts use the same computer, it confuses the system and the system wants to ask the security question before allowing log in - but why a question that has NEVER been picked?!
I've been using the system for several years and I'm still almost always asked the security question despite my profile being set to not ask (although it does somewhat depend on which browser I'm using). US Bank's system definitely has a few quirks. You eventually just try to ignore them and get in and out as quickly as possible.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:34 pm
umc

Originally Posted by Awwucks
I think I had 7 and my wife had 5 in the last 6 months across all agencies.
Thank you for your reply. I want to see people's report of success/failure in getting this card before applying one for myself.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:45 pm

Ok, signed up for online banking. I noticed there is two accounts listed. One is my new credit card and another is "Central Bill Account" with a credit limit of $5,000 as well but an unfamiliar last 4 numbers. I'm thinking it might be the card they sent originally and then canceled when they sent me a new card. Also, my address is STILL missing my unit number after they updated it over the phone a few days ago. Online it says I need to go into a branch for business accounts. Ughh, US Bank is so damn clunky!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by heyman123
wwwdotusbankdotcom

rant: holy crap! they take forever to show up any activities you may have had on the card! I funded WF on the 15th and have been checking US Bank and still see no activities, not even a section for pending activities!
WF did, in fact, take the charge though. Still, US Bank needs to invest in better web devs.
Try the mobile site, it's showing all my Office Max pending charges from today.

http://m.usbank.com/mobile-web/index.asp
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:14 pm

Well I'll be dang! mobile site does show pending, as well as the android app. Thanks for the info! and as reference, my WF funding finally posted on US Bank site after 2 days! But their site, as well as the mobile app, is still inadequate as they do not indicate whether the transaction was a sale. etc...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Think I put that link in a few pages back . I just log in to mobile from my computer, check pending charges, then log out and go into the full version and do everything else. I wish US Bank would add it to the full version, but the workaround works for now.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Received the 7-10 wait message. Called right away - answer = You have to wait. I waited 5 business days. Called back and was put through to someone in a different department. This agent needed something and it was unclear what he needed since he didn't really ask for anything. Maybe just confirming identity/info on application? He told me to check the next day or wait 7-10. I waited 5 business days to call since that just seemed lucky last time. Approved and wait for your card.

5 hits in the last year including the Amex 100K on the same day and 3 other hits in the last 2ish months. Credit Sesame score/estimate over 800.

Cheers
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
More datapoints for those thinking of applying:

I applied earlier this month and was instantly approved for the Premier version with a $10k+ CL with the following background:

I opened a total of 7-8 new personal CCs in the past 12 months.

They pulled EQ for me. And, US Bank reported an EQ score of ~760 in their disclosure to me.

At the time, I had 0 EQ hard inquires in the past 3 months, 1 in the past 6 months, and 3 in the past 12 months. And, I had 12 total hard inquiries across all the big 3 CRAs in the past 12 months (Chase pulls both EX & TU for me - so, that (& bus. apps) bumps up my total).

I had one US Bank CC previously and it was cancelled several years ago.

The disclosures arrived 8 days after instant approval and the card arrived 10 days after instant approval.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Ok, signed up for online banking. I noticed there is two accounts listed. One is my new credit card and another is "Central Bill Account" with a credit limit of $5,000 as well but an unfamiliar last 4 numbers. I'm thinking it might be the card they sent originally and then canceled when they sent me a new card.
The Central Bill Account is the "master" account for the business. A business can have several subsidiary cards that are consolidated in the Central Bill Account. I have a Central & a CC account and received a statement in the mail for each (on the same day). The CC statement had something to the effect of "This is not a bill" printed on the first page.
Ughh, US Bank is so damn clunky!
+1
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:23 pm

card arrived today. approved for the platinum version...sort of upset, but at least I get the 2 for 1 award redemptions!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by ronocnikral
card arrived today. approved for the platinum version...sort of upset, but at least I get the 2 for 1 award redemptions!
Same deal with me but im not upset and only want the card for the2 for 1 redemptions.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:15 pm

I've decided to pull the trigger and apply for this card. I am not currently a Club Carlson member. Does US Bank automatically sign you up for Club Carlson when you apply for this card, or do I need to do that before applying for the CC Visa? Would appreciate confirmation from someone who signed up for the credit card and was automatically enrolled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.