Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:33 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Whoa, this lurkers first post. Haha welcome.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
two for one award nights
People keep saying "two for one," but I am confused. The benefit with the card seems like it should be called "third night free". Are you guys saying "two for one" just using not entirely accurate shorthand or is this some other benefit that comes with gold status you're talking about?

The third night free is, to me, a nice benefit but not really a home run or anything once you read the terms. Its maximum benefit is if you stay exactly three nights. You can't get a second night free on a six day stay. You could, I think, change hotels -- doing 3 and 3 -- and get 2 free nights that way, but if it's six nights in one hotel even on two reservations, it's just one free night. Also, it only applies to one room. That' significant in Europe where families of more than two often need two rooms. Getting two 50k rooms for three nights for 200k would have been nice, but the terms don't allow it. 250k is the best you can do. (Unless, I guess, there are two cardholders in the family and each books a room.)
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lkar
People keep saying "two for one," but I am confused. The benefit with the card seems like it should be called "third night free". Are you guys saying "two for one" just using not entirely accurate shorthand or is this some other benefit that comes with gold status you're talking about?

The third night free is, to me, a nice benefit but not really a home run or anything once you read the terms. Its maximum benefit is if you stay exactly three nights. You can't get a second night free on a six day stay. You could, I think, change hotels -- doing 3 and 3 -- and get 2 free nights that way, but if it's six nights in one hotel even on two reservations, it's just one free night. Also, it only applies to one room. That' significant in Europe where families of more than two often need two rooms. Getting two 50k rooms for three nights for 200k would have been nice, but the terms don't allow it. 250k is the best you can do. (Unless, I guess, there are two cardholders in the family and each books a room.)
It says your last night is free on stays of 2 or more nights. I read that to mean (say at a 50k/night properly) you could make a two night reservation, should be 100K but the last night is free so they only deduct 50k. You make a 4 night reservation, should be 200K, they only deduct 150k.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by adambadam
It says your last night is free on stays of 2 or more nights. I read that to mean (say at a 50k/night properly) you could make a two night reservation, should be 100K but the last night is free so they only deduct 50k. You make a 4 night reservation, should be 200K, they only deduct 150k.
That is how I read it as well, which has a lot of potential. I am definitely adding this to my next app cycle.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:27 pm

I think you're exactly right. Thanks. So good for 2 and maybe 3 night stays. For longer stays you would need to hop to take full advantage. Could be good in a city like London where ther are two dozen CC hotels. You could gey 6 nights for 150k if you don't mind hopping.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
I think you're exactly right. Thanks. So good for 2 and maybe 3 night stays. For longer stays you would need to hop to take full advantage. Could be good in a city like London where ther are two dozen CC hotels. You could gey 6 nights for 150k if you don't mind hopping.
Or if two people are travelling together and both have the cards, you could stay 2 nights and pay 50K points and your partner could do the same. In total, 4 nights consecutively for 100K points at top Club Carlson hotels.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:08 pm

miles?

Are the two regular cards separate products? If you got all the bonuses and met the minium spend you could get 480K CC points. On the CC web site you can get 18K miles for 100,000 points= 73,000 miles+ not the best value but still can get miles. Even not meeting the miniumum spend you could easily get miles if you got all the cards. I am going to check the dea for prepaid cards now!
40k points on renewal....those points post within 60 days or less....?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by fulthrust7
It is essentially 1:1. 50k Carlson = 10k "true" miles as it is 5x per $ spent.
I think it is 50K for 8K airline miles (website is down right now).
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I think it is 50K for 8K airline miles (website is down right now).
This is correct. It's 100K for 18,000
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Gold membership is worthless
Not true. I was upgraded to an oceanview suite (>$500 in Aruba) after only booking a basic room for $200. Had to ask for it, but was given. Also given upgrades to suites at CIS. The B1G1 with points effectively makes my points go from [270k (have) + 97.5k (bonus earned)]x2 with B1G1 = 735k worth of award stays...Nice deal indeed
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
That is correct.

This benefit is maximized by those who can hotel hop every two days. [It may even be better maximized and work without hotel hopping if traveling with a companion where each party has the US Bank Club Carlson credit card: think of the ability to move points between accounts and having Award Night 1+2 in one reservation under ABC's name with Award Night 3+4 in another reservation under XYZ's name (where ABC is one member of the travel party and XYZ is the other member of the travel party occupying the same room).]
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

This deal sounds interesting, but do the best Club Carlson-affiliated properties compare with the best Starwoods, Hiltons, Hyatts, etc. in any given place? I've searched through some of the FT and Tripadvisor reviews of the Radisson Blu hotels, for example, including those mentioned in the FT thread that identifies the best examples. And while they seem ok, they don't seem comparable with the best properties from other chains. In my own experience, while my wife and I liked our stay in the Radisson Blu in Dubai earlier this year, for instance, I certainly wouldn't call it one of the best hotels in the emirate.

I don't mean to rag on Carlson at all or to denigrate the card or the hotels. It's just a question of whether the Club Carlson points are worth accumulating for folks who might have other credit card bonus points options.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Okay so I am about to go for 2-3 CC. I would like to apply for this 1, but US Bank I am not hearing to many good things. Anyone able to get instant approval on the premier personal? Or do they all go for review? I think I read 1 instant approval for a business CC? Since I already have done the Club Carlson promos before seems like a good idea to get this CC. Points, Gold, 2 For 1, 40K every year.

If people apply for this please post how it went for you with approval. I am worried I will get the lower card with lower bonus.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:29 am
inY

Originally Posted by World-Wide
Anyone able to get instant approval on the premier personal? Or do they all go for review?
As I said earlier, I got instant approval for the premier personal card. With no inquiry in the past 6 months, but plenty before then.

Perhaps more interesting was that they gave me the option to accept or decline the offer after listing the interest rate and limit. I guess it costs an inquiry either way though.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:41 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by inY
As I said earlier, I got instant approval for the premier personal card. With no inquiry in the past 6 months, but plenty before then.

Perhaps more interesting was that they gave me the option to accept or decline the offer after listing the interest rate and limit. I guess it costs an inquiry either way though.
Sorry I got you confused with the person who mentioned being approved for a business CC. Need to stop reading everything so late. It all just blends in together.

Anyone else? Just trying to see if it's worth dealing with US Bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.