Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:20 am

Not sure if youre telling me that (612) 872-2657 is the number instead...;o
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:57 am

Do I need to keep the card open to get the bonus night? I.E. If I book a reservation now, cancel the card next month, and stay three months from now, will I lose the bonus night?

I don't think it is worth it to keep the card open with the lack of bonus.

Last edited by uberuber; Apr 23, 2015 at 11:52 am
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
My roommate got her USBank reply via CFPB which we disputed, they offered her to close the account within 30 days and receive a refund of the Annual Fee; we disputed that since a hard credit enquiry had been made and that when she signed up the benefit was part of paying the Annual Fee, which was a membership fee and not an account maintenance fee.

Also noted that USBank continued to advertise the Bonus Nights benefit to lure potential new cardholders for over 10 days with no notification that the benefit was being removed at XX date and that any IT professional could have made that change in 10 minutes yet they allowed 10 days showing a willful attempt to commit advertising fraud.

At this point I just want to make their lives difficult and hope they get fined.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by VizeL
Not sure if youre telling me that (612) 872-2657 is the number instead...;o
you can call and also the online complaints for successful $75 refund and bonus points for compensation!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:01 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zabes64
At this point I just want to make their lives difficult
Anyone tempted to take this attitude should ask themselves if they really believe they can inconvenience a bank as much as that bank could inconvenience them in the future, e.g. when the next great card offer comes along.

There's nothing wrong with seeking a refund or involving the CFPB, of course, but trying to "make their lives difficult" is unlikely to bring much in the way of satisfaction.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by VizeL
Is USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889 the number you guys are calling to cancel?
+1, those who have had success, what number is preferred?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
I called the number on the back of the card. I made sure to write down all the reps names I talked to and the supervisors in the (un)likely case what they promised me doesn't go down. More importantly, it's important to remember that these are people like us that go to work to do a job like we do. I tell people all the time especially when I have to deal with a complaint - it's a lot easier to get something done if you're pleasant on the phone versus yelling, screaming or coming off like a bull in a china shop. I was professional, always used their name, asked how their day was, and got what I wanted
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:22 pm

We just got card, but even with scores in the high 700's US bank is not allowing us to charge over 200 at a time, they told my husband that they had to monitor our activity. I can't even use to pay my 250.00 cell bill. So, I filed a complaint about the false and misleading information that they lured us with. Next is to cancel this card completely. We have never had such a poor experience with any credit card company before. Plus I will never ever pay to stay in a Raddison or Club Carlson property again.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
you can call and also the online complaints for successful $75 refund and bonus points for compensation!
By "the online complaints" do you mean some sort of online form that can be completed? If so, can you give a link to this form?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by muji
By "the online complaints" do you mean some sort of online form that can be completed? If so, can you give a link to this form?
I mean the CFPB & the BBB. The links are on the previous post
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:52 am

just got my fee refunded on biz account opened 2 months ago. No haggling recquired.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:54 pm
Suspended

They wouldn't budge, so I closed my business card and they refunded my fee.

Still have the personal open. Calling now to see if Club Carlson can combine my personal and business accounts.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:19 pm

Just got off the phone with USBank CSR (called number on back of card) she said a decision was made to credit all Club Carlson credit cards with the 7500 points. They will post at the next statement date. Has anybody else heard this?

EDIT: Did not talk to a supervisor, just the frontline CSR
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by sunchip
Just got off the phone with USBank CSR (called number on back of card) she said a decision was made to credit all Club Carlson credit cards with the 7500 points. They will post at the next statement date. Has anybody else heard this?

EDIT: Did not talk to a supervisor, just the frontline CSR
That's bull and also You can get more than the 7500 points like many already got
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
That's bull and also You can get more than the 7500 points like many already got
I had a different experience. I spoke with a supervisor and also opened a CFPB case. Apparently the best they could do is 7500 points, which is peanuts compared to the benefits they are taking away.... They did offer to refund the fees if I closed the account however..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.