Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by PDXBRU33
I agree, BOSman. I have the Flex Perks for that reason. Just be aware that US Bank has a tendency to approve you for the lesser card if you apply for the Premier. This happened to me on the Flex Perks. They sent me to white card. I had luck in getting them to switch me to the correct black card I had applied for, but it took some work. I know other FTers were not so lucky.
I got the black Flexperks card, but I was aware from all the reports on here that it wasn't working as well for everyone else. Just something, once known, that you have to plan for. Hopefully I can get the business card on this one.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by PDXBRU33
I agree, BOSman. I have the Flex Perks for that reason. Just be aware that US Bank has a tendency to approve you for the lesser card if you apply for the Premier. This happened to me on the Flex Perks. They sent me to white card. I had luck in getting them to switch me to the correct black card I had applied for, but it took some work. I know other FTers were not so lucky.
So just apply for the business version. There's no lesser card they can give you.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by johnep1
So just apply for the business version. There's no lesser card they can give you.
I haven't seen how much of a "business" US Bank wants for their business card. Not saying the info isn't out there, I just haven't personally researched it yet. Citi can be tight on the definition of a business, and Amex likes to FR sometimes when people apply for a business card. Considering US Bank is tight on approvals depending on your previous inquiries and my score is back up into the 740 range, I'm just going to apply for it first before any other cards. US Bank rarely does instant approvals, so it can be hard to fit into an app cycle. I applied for Flexperks, waited until I was approved, and then did my cycle.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:21 am
inY

Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months. If your Account is not open for at least 6 months, Club Carlson and U.S. Bank reserve the right to deduct the New Account Bonus Gold Points from your Club Carlson account.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:47 am

Think I will pass. Not that difficult getting 50k CC points. Waiting for the Radisson Big Giveaway which I can pay about $60 per night to earn 50k.
Also, not crazy about U.S Bank even though I don't even own a credit card from them.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:09 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
can you combine the 4th quarter Radisson® 1 for 1 promotion with "When you redeem Gold Points for 2 or more consecutive Award Nights, your last night is free"?

With the promotion this quarter, I have the "0 point" option for one night in a US Radisson. And if I search for 2 nights, it quotes me a total that corresponds to a regular one night award. Now if I have this credit card, can I get two nights for 0 points?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Think I will pass. Not that difficult getting 50k CC points. Waiting for the Radisson Big Giveaway which I can pay about $60 per night to earn 50k.
Also, not crazy about U.S Bank even though I don't even own a credit card from them.
ditto your sentiment.....good advice to folks who have borderline good scores and are into churning and hence will be rejected due to number of inquiries in last year. they claim if its more than 4 then automatic denial
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
US Bank Club Carlson Signature Visa Card, 85K Sign up, 40k/yr upon renewal

For those that are not notorious churners and actually sometimes stay in Club Carlson properties, the real benefit is the 2for1 award redemptions that are a benefit of the card.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: spg gold
Any data points on their favorite credit bureau?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by jkoenig51
Any data points on their favorite credit bureau?

they pulled equifax in the SF Bay Area
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by pantanal
they pulled equifax in the SF Bay Area

This would be awesome if true in Indiana. We have zero CC banks that pull Equifax.......^
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:20 am

Applied for Business Visa...

Applied for Business Visa. Got wait 7-10 message. Called 800-236-7546 and talked to Mary. She said ALL business apps go under review process. She said to call back Thursday and I would get my answer.

My credit score is 765 on credit karma and 794 on credit sesame. Been in business 26 years. Have churned lots of cards, both personal and business (hope that doesn't torpedo me). Never applied for US Bank card.

I have 160K CC points from other promos. The way I ran the numbers, you get 50K, then 35K for 2,500 spend, which would yield another 12,5K (5 points per $) for a total bonus of 97,500 points. Plus the buy two get one free. Sounds good to me!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by jethro
This would be awesome if true in Indiana. We have zero CC banks that pull Equifax.......^

In the SF Bay area, I have had all pulls equifax and mostly experian. almost no transunion
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by laserg
Applied for Business Visa. Got wait 7-10 message. Called 800-236-7546 and talked to Mary. She said ALL business apps go under review process. She said to call back Thursday and I would get my answer.

My credit score is 765 on credit karma and 794 on credit sesame. Been in business 26 years. Have churned lots of cards, both personal and business (hope that doesn't torpedo me). Never applied for US Bank card.

I have 160K CC points from other promos. The way I ran the numbers, you get 50K, then 35K for 2,500 spend, which would yield another 12,5K (5 points per $) for a total bonus of 97,500 points. Plus the buy two get one free. Sounds good to me!
I got pretty much the same answer for the personal card albeit my score is 753. First time applying for a US Bank card. Rep said that everything looks good and this is S.O.P. for them because they may need to verify some info.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:46 am

lets see whats the approval rate like......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.