Search

Celebrity Cruises Signature Visa (BofA)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Celebrity Cruises Signature Visa (BofA)

Did a search and can't find anything here on this card. Bonus is 25,000 points, which are good for $250 on board credit. Must spend $1000 within 90 days. Since there is no annual fee, I thought, why not (I have an upcoming planned expense of over $1000)? Does anyone have any experience?
Old Oct 9, 2023, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Did a search and can't find anything here on this card. Bonus is 25,000 points, which are good for $250 on board credit. Must spend $1000 within 90 days. Since there is no annual fee, I thought, why not (I have an upcoming planned expense of over $1000)? Does anyone have any experience?
Why not ask over at CruiseCritic?
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
No experience, but $250 to be used for on board credit doesn’t seem like an awesome bonus.

And the earnings structure isn’t very good either. 1 point per dollar spent, 2 points for Celebrity/Royal Caribbean spend.
EmailKid likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No experience, but $250 to be used for on board credit doesn’t seem like an awesome bonus.

And the earnings structure isn’t very good either. 1 point per dollar spent, 2 points for Celebrity/Royal Caribbean spend.
Oh, I agree it's not an awesome bonus, but there is no annual fee for the card. If it was another $95 fee, I wouldn't bother. Otherwise, my thousand dollar repair on my car charged to a card would get me 1000 AA miles or 1000 Amex points. That's not worth much either.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 12:16 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Oh, I agree it's not an awesome bonus, but there is no annual fee for the card. If it was another $95 fee, I wouldn't bother. Otherwise, my thousand dollar repair on my car charged to a card would get me 1000 AA miles or 1000 Amex points. That's not worth much either.
Sure, but for many it would be another CC and Chase for one considers all new CC
Old Oct 12, 2023, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I guess it is difficult to comment on it without knowing what other cards you already have and which ones you’d be eligible for.

What’s your normal monthly spend on credit cards? Let’s say it’s $3k. Why is that one $1000 charge anything special in your consideration of whether to get a new card when you could put your regular ongoing spend on a new card and earn a higher reward than when you put it on an existing card?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Celebrity Cruises Signature Visa (BofA) … Bonus is 25,000 points, …
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
… $250 … doesn’t seem like an awesome bonus.… earnings structure isn’t very good either. 1 point per dollar spent, 2 points for Celebrity/Royal Caribbean spend.
Oh, I agree it's not an awesome bonus, …
While there’s no consensus ranking of SUBs and ongoing earnings, we can all probably agree that for this card both are below average.

As a personal card, which many of us limit to 4/24 to stay in Chase’s (approval) good graces, it should have a SUB and/or ongoing earnings and/or benefits which are far better than average.
MisterBill likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input, everyone. I was approved for the card. After I get the bonus, I'll probably only use it to pay for cruises and for onboard expenses.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 6:39 pm

Thanks for the input, everyone. I was approved for the card. After I get the bonus, I'll probably only use it to pay for cruises and for onboard expenses.
It's a poor card for anything other than the signup bonus (and, as was pointed out, not even great for that). The best you can do is 2%, and you can get any number of no-fee cards that give you 2% back on all purchases and give you cash. You can get 3% back on travel on the Costco card and AAA (but I'm not sure of the status of that) When you use it for Celebrity charges, you'll have to wait until your NEXT cruise before you redeem it. Think about the people with points during the cruise shutdown during Covid, unable to cash out their points.

BTW, when you get the $250 OBC, it should be refundable at the end of the cruise if you do not spend it all. Don't blow it on stuff you don't need

Last edited by MisterBill; Oct 14, 2023 at 6:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.