Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo by invitation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Wells Fargo by invitation

Hi,

New here. I have the following credit card through my Financial Advisor at Wells Fargo Advisors. Been using it for awhile until I stumbled across this website.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/cred...signature_card

Can someone let me know if this has something special that say the Citi AAdvantage Plat doesn't. I don't fly AA that much, in fact I use US Air, but I would rather just use one card and I thought the Wells Fargo Advisor card might have some great travel benefits, but it seems like most credit cards with a fee all offer no foreign exchange fees, visa concierge, travel insurance, auto insurance waiver, etc. Sign-on bonus is not important to me.

Another thing, is there a card that will provide trip cancellation insurance without requiring a medical reason (like this wells card does). I frequently change my trips and end up paying change fees a lot.

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 2:29 pm

The EMV chip for starters is different. Did yours come with the chip or it just a version on the website? Not bad on the looks either. Is this card exclusive for the WF Private Banking clients?

This seems nice

And there's no need to travel alone thanks to the card's unlimited domestic coach companion tickets. Receive one domestic coach companion ticket when purchasing one adult round trip ticket on most major airlines.
This program is offered through Lifestyle Vacation Incentives (LVI) and all reservations for this program must be made through LVI only.

2x for travel (any airline, not just AA) and 1x for everything else. ^

Last edited by ferrari_fan; Aug 24, 2012 at 2:36 pm
Old Aug 24, 2012, 2:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
2x for travel (any airline, not just AA) and 1x for everything else. ^
Unless these points can be redeemed for more than $0.01 each why does this warrant a thumbs up? There are several cards awarding two points per dollar on all spending.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by puregravy
Hi,

New here. I have the following credit card through my Financial Advisor at Wells Fargo Advisors. Been using it for awhile until I stumbled across this website.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/cred...signature_card

Can someone let me know if this has something special that say the Citi AAdvantage Plat doesn't. I don't fly AA that much, in fact I use US Air, but I would rather just use one card and I thought the Wells Fargo Advisor card might have some great travel benefits, but it seems like most credit cards with a fee all offer no foreign exchange fees, visa concierge, travel insurance, auto insurance waiver, etc. Sign-on bonus is not important to me.

Another thing, is there a card that will provide trip cancellation insurance without requiring a medical reason (like this wells card does). I frequently change my trips and end up paying change fees a lot.

Thank you in advance.
What type of relationship does one need with WF to get this? Also AF?

The companion ticket program looks interesting, provided the seats aren't overly priced to begin with.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Can't say whether it's comparable without the following info which I can't find: annual fee and foreign exchange fee.

Last edited by kebosabi; Aug 24, 2012 at 3:43 pm
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:40 pm

Here is another link to the card with 2 others that also have the domestic companion ticket. The other two however only give 2 points on travel for 1 year.

https://www.wellsfargoadvisors.com/f...edit-cards.htm
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:53 pm
mia

Links to a bit more information on this page (same page found by whowong) , but no application link and therefore no disclosure of fees:

https://www.wellsfargoadvisors.com/f...edit-cards.htm

CDW coverage is supplementary, not primary, within USA.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Unless these points can be redeemed for more than $0.01 each why does this warrant a thumbs up? There are several cards awarding two points per dollar on all spending.
Didn't mean it to be a stand out thumbs up, just a generic thumbs up to summarize this card and make sure OP catches it (although I think he is already aware). Sorry for the confusion.

If OP doesn't fly AA that much, then this definitely appears to be a better all around card IMO (fees/forex details pending). With the AA Plat, the other benefits are priority boarding and free luggage check in for AA flights. Not sure of the trip cancellation benefit requirements.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: UA
If you have $1mil with WF accounts, the card fee is waived on request
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses.

Ferrari: Yes, it came with the chip. It is only for clients of Wells Fargo Advisors (the Private bank has something almost identical)...I'm glad you like the looks, I thought it might look better black or something like that. And you're right the 2 points on travel is a nice feature, means I don't have to play musical cards when booking travel.

Yes, it is true about what Patrickbear says about the $1 million. There was no sign-up bonus or anything like that. I've been playing around with the rewards, and it looks like you can use any airline through their website, but the point cost per flight depends on the flight you choose. I found one flight from JFK to SIN (just testing something far) in a few months, to be about 63k points. So i guess that is about 1.7 cents or so. Not really sure what that means (in terms of other cards).

The companion pass program is a little strange, I tried using it once or twice but haven't had much luck due to the routes and costs.

A question:

Mia says: CDW coverage is supplementary, what do you mean and how does that compare to say the AA plat, or other world elite mc, amex plat..etc

If a card is a Visa Signature or MC World Elite does that mean all the benefits are the same (Visa benefits, insurance, etc)? I think this is what I'm really trying to understand.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
If a card is a Visa Signature or MC World Elite does that mean all the benefits are the same (Visa benefits, insurance, etc)? I think this is what I'm really trying to understand.
Here's a link to the standards Visa Signature benefits:

http://usa.visa.com/download/persona...aSignature.pdf
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:58 pm

Yes, it is true about what Patrickbear says about the $1 million.
What is the AF otherwise?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:04 am
mia

... CDW coverage is supplementary, what do you mean
It means that if you damage a rental car you will need to file a claim with your personal auto insurance, and the credit card insurer will only reimburse the difference between the loss and the amount paid by your insurer. Typically this means they will reimburse your deductible. High end cards often include primary CDW coverage which eliminates the need to file with your personal insurance. Extensive discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...insurance.html

If a card is a Visa Signature or MC World Elite does that mean all the benefits are the same (Visa benefits, insurance, etc)?
No. MasterCard and VISA establish minimum benefits which must be included with such cards, but individual issuers enhance specific benefits.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:01 pm

wells fargo private bank by invitation visa signature

Another card with chip and PIN. Not sure how many others have the PIN, I had palladium card, and it did not. I also don't have this card, wells fargo private bank by invitation visa signature. I wish I did. Anyone have it? No forex, 2% points travel and dining, no automation for service and concierge, paywave and swipe for in usa. Pretty elite looking card. Probably attract a lot of attention.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 7:24 am
mia

Originally Posted by flyinzach
Another card with chip and PIN.
Welcome to Flyertalk. Why do you believe that this card uses Chip & PIN authentification rather than Chip & Signature? Many Chip & Signature cards also offer a PIN for use only in ATM's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.