Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Best Current Credit Card Offer For my purchase?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone recommend the best current offer for a recent purchase I made? I normally do not spend so much on my credit card, but I plan on purchasing an expensive watch as a graduation present to myself. It is over $1500, plus I will spend another $1000+ on my credit card over the next month.

What would be the best credit card to open to maximize rewards? I would probably be looking for cash back.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:26 am

I don't think its worth applying for a new credit card for only $2500 in spend. If you are interested in cash back then consider the Amex Blue Cash/Blue Cash Preferred.

Also, where do you plan to buy the watch? Make sure you use a cashback site like Topcashback.com or mrrebates.com if you are making the purchase online.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HHonors, Priority Club
How about a Chase card and buying the watch through the Ultimate Rewards mall? Saks and Nordstrom currently offer 7 to 10 UR points per dollar, so that's over 10,000 UR points = $100 cash back. Or you can use sites like Ebates to earn % back without having to open a new credit card.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: Several dozen
Yep. Apply for a Chase Sapphire, get a credit line of at least $10k, PM us over at International Exports about First Bank of the Spook, spook up the required spend, grab a stash of URs, then hit the UR Mall, buy that watch (an OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial Chronometer) and take it on a nice vacation with your UR stash.

Originally Posted by jcee
How about a Chase card and buying the watch through the Ultimate Rewards mall? Saks and Nordstrom currently offer 7 to 10 UR points per dollar, so that's over 10,000 UR points = $100 cash back. Or you can use sites like Ebates to earn % back without having to open a new credit card.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:25 am

Have you had any of the AA credit cards yet? You can get 50,000 miles after $3,000 in spend within 4 months. Given you're already saying you're going to spend $2,500 in the first 2, you're almost to the spending requirement. Here's a link to the FlyerTalk thread on the offer, techically the offer is expired, but the links are still working.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:31 am
Original Poster

I would definitely use it more than the 2500, I just am saying that is known purchases I have for the next month or so. I actually bought the watch at Nordstroms, but directly through the store. Can I purchase the same watch through the ultimate rewards mall at the price I got it for? I got it discounted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.