Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

New BoA Travel Rewards Credit Cards, up to 2.625% travel credits.

Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card

20K points after $1,000 spend within 90 days.
No annual fee
No foreign transaction fees

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...credit-card.go
Print Wikipost

New BoA Travel Rewards Credit Cards, up to 2.625% travel credits.

Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Any data points on holding more than one of this card? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and applying for another one, since BoA seems so nonchalant about people holding multiple Alaska and multiple MLB cards.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:07 pm

Converting BoA TR points to cash

Can I convert points to cash by buying travel and then canceling? E.g. would Southwest work?

Thanks
Nik
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:44 pm

BOA Travel Rewards CC: Does NYC MetroCard purchase count as a Travel Credit

Hi,
Can I get a statement credit for a 7 day NYC metrocard purchase, when I use my BOA travel rewards card?

Thx..
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by manwithacunningplan
Hi,
Can I get a statement credit for a 7 day NYC metrocard purchase, when I use my BOA travel rewards card?

Thx..
You can redeem points for it, sure, but you can't apply the $100 annual credit.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
You can redeem points for it, sure, but you can't apply the $100 annual credit.
You're confusing cards. The $100 credit is the Premium Rewards card, not this one.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:25 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm not referring to the $100 annual credit, but to my BOA travel rewards points balance. Is a NYC metrocard purchase considered a travel purchase and redeemable against my BOA Travel rewards card points balance.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by manwithacunningplan
Thanks for the replies. I'm not referring to the $100 annual credit, but to my BOA travel rewards points balance. Is a NYC metrocard purchase considered a travel purchase and redeemable against my BOA Travel rewards card points balance.
Yes. At least TVM purchases. Not sure about easy pay refills.

I could have sworn this post was in the PR thread.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Link to Bank of America travel center

I have used the travel center in the past to get more points on the travel rewards card, but now I can't seem to find the travel center anymore. Google doesn't show any results. Does it still exists?

Anyone have the direct link or how to get there ?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by nick5000
I have used the travel center in the past to get more points on the travel rewards card, but now I can't seem to find the travel center anymore. Google doesn't show any results. Does it still exists?

Anyone have the direct link or how to get there ?
The travel center shut down sometime last year.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:25 pm

Travel Center Still Works!

The travel center shut down sometime last year.
I found it through an old bookmark in Safari! It still works. How can that be if it was shutdown? Do you think I'll still get extra points when using it?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by nick5000
I found it through an old bookmark in Safari! It still works. How can that be if it was shutdown? Do you think I'll still get extra points when using it?
They sent a bill insert that said you wouldn't receive extra points after the shutdown date, but the insert also said it was shutting down, so it's worth trying and being the data point we'd like to see.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
They sent a bill insert that said you wouldn't receive extra points after the shutdown date, but the insert also said it was shutting down, so it's worth trying and being the data point we'd like to see.
Interesting. I never received this notice and my Bank of America Travel Rewards card still has access to the Travel Rewards Booking Site where you earn 3X points per dollar and it advertises that you earn 3X points per dollar and the terms & conditions on my account also advertise this as well. Granted, I have never used this feature before but am surprised that others are stating that it has been eliminated. I am able to access mine through the rewards tab on the Bank of America website and then clicking on "Learn more about your Rewards Program", then a new page launches and selecting the "Earn Bonus Points" tab which shows the Travel Center and mentions I will earn 3 points per dollar. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Joe1690
Interesting. I never received this notice and my Bank of America Travel Rewards card still has access to the Travel Rewards Booking Site where you earn 3X points per dollar and it advertises that you earn 3X points per dollar and the terms & conditions on my account also advertise this as well. Granted, I have never used this feature before but am surprised that others are stating that it has been eliminated. I am able to access mine through the rewards tab on the Bank of America website and then clicking on "Learn more about your Rewards Program", then a new page launches and selecting the "Earn Bonus Points" tab which shows the Travel Center and mentions I will earn 3 points per dollar. Hope this helps.
I tried this way just now, and when clicking the link saying I'll get 3 points per dollar I get this:

Error occurred while processing request
We are temporarily unable to complete your request.
We know your travel plans are important, so please try again later. Thank you for your patience.

Still the direct link works for me (I remove the token at the end of the link, but it still works)

https://www.bankofamerica.com/bankin...-signin-bac.go
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:07 pm
MMU

I've used the travel site numerous times last year. it's still linked off the TR card page, through redeem/use/travel center. I can search/book flights/cars/hotels as usual.

Never received anything regarding the site closure. Can you provide an image of the closure notice?
Old May 30, 2019, 7:49 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
No new post in over a year, so I am assuming this isn't a really popular CC option. I have been thinking about downgrading my Premium Rewards card to this one and want to find out how easy/hard it is to redeem points against "travel" charges. Thanks in advance to anyone who has recent experiences.

LAX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.