Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by saranyc
    I've tried to apply for a checking account twice now and each time it told me they couldn't verify me and to go to a branch -- I don't live near one. Any way around this?
    How did you apply for the account?
    Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:47 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
    Originally Posted by aegt123
    How did you apply for the account?
    Both online and through online chat. Both let me get to the part where they verify me (i.e. "have you ever lived at the following address") and I answered correctly but it said it couldn't verify me.
    Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:51 am

Both online and through online chat. Both let me get to the part where they verify me (i.e. "have you ever lived at the following address") and I answered correctly but it said it couldn't verify me.
    Speculation - May be the information you are providing doesn't match with the information in your credit report. Check your credit report for free at annualcreditreport.com if you haven't already.
    Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by aegt123
    Speculation - May be the information you are providing doesn't match with the information in your credit report. Check your credit report for free at annualcreditreport.com if you haven't already.
    Yeah, I have and nothing seems wrong. I have done these types of verifications before without any problems.
    Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
    Originally Posted by mikeef
    It won't help now, but here's what I do for maximum efficiency:

Deposit check at a Fidelity Investments branch. Use the Moneyline feature to transfer the money to ST. Moneyline is next business day and the money is available at ST immediately. I don't know what the hold period is at Fido, but I know it's not 12 business days.

If you are depositing cash, deposit it at your local bank. Use ML to pull the money from the local bank and, at the same time, do a separate ML to push it to ST.

Note: Most brokerages have services like this one for free and you generally have to have the link established ahead of time (i.e., You can't just call them and say that you want to set up a link and do a transfer on the same day.).

Mike
    I find just the opposite. Fidelity will often hold checks for several days (because they are not a bank, the Fed rules on clearing don't apply to them), and then it takes several more days for Moneyline to move the money. I have found it takes 6-8 business days total.

That said, I deposited a check on Tuesday (in Fido) and it cleared overnight. That was a new one.

A 12-day hold seems very unusual, unless it's a new account or there's something weird about the check.
    Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
    I've tried to apply for a checking account twice now and each time it told me they couldn't verify me and to go to a branch -- I don't live near one. Any way around this?
    Just thinking outside the box here, but consider the time and expense of getting to a branch to be a small 'investment'. Roadtrip? A unique MR?

If you use your account responsibly it will be well worth your invested time and effort.
    Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:20 am

Rep at the branch said there could be a better promo this summer, so I decided to wait, at least until I get the Amex Delta card.
    Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
    Just thinking outside the box here, but consider the time and expense of getting to a branch to be a small 'investment'. Roadtrip? A unique MR?

If you use your account responsibly it will be well worth your invested time and effort.
    Yeah, until now I've been using Alaskan Airlines BofA card. Problem is that you get half the points but on the plus side you get a lot more flexibility. Will get a suntrust delta card next time I'm in Florida. Thanks.
    Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:16 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
    Originally Posted by redtop43
    I find just the opposite. Fidelity will often hold checks for several days (because they are not a bank, the Fed rules on clearing don't apply to them), and then it takes several more days for Moneyline to move the money. I have found it takes 6-8 business days total.

That said, I deposited a check on Tuesday (in Fido) and it cleared overnight. That was a new one.

A 12-day hold seems very unusual, unless it's a new account or there's something weird about the check.
    That's really odd. I've never heard of that.

There's a possibility that they might hold the difference against margin (You won't pay interest unless, of course, the deposit is returned.), but I've never heard of them holding a check that long.

Mike
    Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:37 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
    That's really odd. I've never heard of that.

There's a possibility that they might hold the difference against margin (You won't pay interest unless, of course, the deposit is returned.), but I've never heard of them holding a check that long.

Mike
    New money going into brokerage accounts tend to be subject to a 3 to 5 business days hold depends on the type of deposits and the age of the account.

My experience is, only Fed Fund Wire and "Certified Funds" (in Schwab's term that means Cashier Check / Money Order from the bank) would be available immediately. All other forms of new money are subject to the hold which is specified in the T&Cs about how the available cash is calculated.

Here SunTrust put a 5 biz days hold on personal check deposit to new account in the first 6 months even it is in same city. External ACH transfer in is available immediately.
    Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: Several dozen
    Alaskan miles are much more valuable now than in the past with recent changes in their redemption process.

Yeah, until now I've been using Alaskan Airlines BofA card. Problem is that you get half the points but on the plus side you get a lot more flexibility. Will get a suntrust delta card next time I'm in Florida. Thanks.
    Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:02 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
    Alaskan miles are much more valuable now than in the past with recent changes in their redemption process.
    Do tell. What is the latest developments on AS redemption? Are they going to One-Way system finally?
    Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: A few
    Originally Posted by Happy
    Do tell. What is the latest developments on AS redemption? Are they going to One-Way system finally?
    Yep. One partner at a time.
    Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Offer has been revised. 5k after initial purchase, and an additional 5k after $1k spent in first 90 days.
    Old May 1, 2013, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Offer has been revised. 5k after initial purchase, and an additional 5k after $1k spent in first 90 days.

I opened my account on April 8th--3 weeks before the new offer. I sent an online message asking if Suntrust would allow me the second 5000 miles since I already met the spend and the account is so new. They said nope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.