Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
$75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
    Using the new Truist card, I made $4K in purchases last month. My miles posted today 6/8 for that activity but with a transaction date of 5/31 (whereas ST would use the first of a month). So, other than that date issue, at least with my account, they have worked out the transition.
    Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ScottTexas
    Using the new Truist card, I made $4K in purchases last month. My miles posted today 6/8 for that activity but with a transaction date of 5/31 (whereas ST would use the first of a month). So, other than that date issue, at least with my account, they have worked out the transition.
    So do you think it now runs from the first of the month to the last day? From the top of the Wiki: "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month." I did find this is what happened to my account and the dates listed and the posting dates followed this. I would like it to be on a monthly basis as that would be so much easier. I received all my miles, but I made all my charges after the 5th and before the end of the month. Anyone have charges outside of this period that can verify it is now on a monthly basis?
    Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
    Yes, my purchases were all earlier in the month, so I do not know what the cut off day is under the new Truist card.
    Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:16 pm

Has anyone been targeted for the Truist Delta SkyMiles Debit Card with 25,000 sign in bonus?
    I was targeted on instagram but now I can't get the link to work. Took a screenshot of the offer, but the link doesn't show anywhere.
    Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:50 pm

I think they have switched to a monthly cycle now. Dated June 30th and posting date of July 2nd. Prefer it on a monthly basis as it is easier to track.

Points have not posted yet. Truist was posting pretty quick. Hope the cut off date was 9/30 as I have already started the spend for October.

Last edited by EmailKid; Oct 5, 2022 at 3:04 pm Reason: Back to back posts on same topic
    Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:28 am

Points posted and dated 9/30.
    liw5215 likes this.
    Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:52 am

I guess the leap year has thrown off the posting of February points. Truist has been posting the last day of the month like clock work.
    Old Mar 3, 2024, 4:31 pm

PayPal Bill Pay

anyone uses this debit card to pay bills such as utilities, property taxes, even some credit cards via Paypal bill pay services, and earn miles?
    Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:10 pm

Points posted and dated 2/29.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.