FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1341991-truist-fka-suntrust-skymiles-check-card-see-wiki-offers.html)

ingy May 2, 2012 5:48 am

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Not as lucrative as past offers, it does offer those unable to get a premium travel credit card a chance to play the game.

The promo runs until June 30th:

15K DL miles on opening an account with $100 minimum balance
15K more DL miles when establishing a real direct deposit
The check card costs $75 and there are monthly fees if you don't maintain a hefty balance.

Suntrust Bank has been extremely good to us in the past but they have tightened considerably at least in my Hilton Head Island branch. This time they will only accept walk in applicants.

Maybe somebody else can find a branch willing to take mail in applicants?

I have no indication if multiple authorized users can get separate cards.

Suntrust Delta World Check Card

zitozac May 2, 2012 6:05 am

The business version is also available with a 25K bonus. It's unfortunate I just opened a business account and got the card in march for the 5K bonus.

elizadoo May 2, 2012 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy (Post 18498253)
Suntrust Bank...they will only accept walk in applicants.

Same in my area, Florida. Also, Tennessee. Walk-ins only.

I notice other banks (non-SunTrust) are also extending more generous offers to walk-ins. They'd "like to get to know you" [Spanky & Our Grang, 1968 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Y3l0_1US4 ]

AlohaDaveKennedy May 2, 2012 7:11 am

Good thing I'm headed to Florida so that I can walk in.:p Just hope that I don't find a long line around the block.:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy (Post 18498253)
Not as lucrative as past offers, it does offer those unable to get a premium travel credit card a chance to play the game.

The promo runs until June 30th:

15K DL miles on opening an account with $100 minimum balance
15K more DL miles when establishing a real direct deposit
The check card costs $75 and there are monthly fees if you don't maintain a hefty balance.

Suntrust Bank has been extremely good to us in the past but they have tightened considerably at least in my Hilton Head Island branch. This time they will only accept walk in applicants.

Maybe somebody else can find a branch willing to take mail in applicants?

I have no indication if multiple authorized users can get separate cards.

pcharles May 2, 2012 8:03 am

You do not need to go into a branch or have one in your area to sign up for this.

MisterSelfish May 2, 2012 8:30 am

Anyone know if a monthly electronic deposit from an outside Savings Account (e.g. American Express Online Savings Account) would qualify as a direct deposit? Their wording is a little vague (italics mine):

"A qualifying Direct Deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income of $100 or more per deposit electronically deposited to your account during statement cycle by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit. "

ingy May 2, 2012 9:03 am

this is a check card

Originally Posted by pcharles (Post 18498975)
You do not need to go into a branch or have one in your area to sign up for this.

your link is to a credit card, big difference for some.

DC777Fan May 2, 2012 9:08 am

Suntrust Bank 30,000 Mile Check Card Offer

Does anyone know if Sun Trust will "status match?" I'm serviced by BoA wealth management because my dad's banker tagged my account with the proper codes several years ago, so while I'm not married to BoA, I do enjoy the perks (refund any fees, free personal and business checks, dedicated phone number, etc)

pcharles May 2, 2012 9:48 am

Originally Posted by wanderlustre (Post 18499187)
Anyone know if a monthly electronic deposit from an outside Savings Account (e.g. American Express Online Savings Account) would qualify as a direct deposit? Their wording is a little vague (italics mine):

"A qualifying Direct Deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income of $100 or more per deposit electronically deposited to your account during statement cycle by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit. "

No, must be direct deposit from payroll.

Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy (Post 18499415)
your link is to a credit card, big difference for some.

Sorry, my signature line had nothing to do with the context of my post.

You do not need to visit a SunTrust branch to sign up for their check card.

Originally Posted by DC777Fan (Post 18499451)
Does anyone know if Sun Trust will "status match?" I'm serviced by BoA wealth management because my dad's banker tagged my account with the proper codes several years ago, so while I'm not married to BoA, I do enjoy the perks (refund any fees, free personal and business checks, dedicated phone number, etc)

Not sure on the business side. Personal side gets free checks with the right checking account, free check card, free suntrust atm use, limited amount of waivers for non-atm use. All with the right checking account.

CVG_Kid May 2, 2012 9:57 am

I know this offer was on deck before and lucrative. Could someone explain what the old offer was and what made it lucrative? Please clearly label you post. I just want to understand what to look for in the new offer. Multiple accounts? Multiple authorized user? etc.

KathinJax May 2, 2012 10:28 am

http://www.deltacheckcard.com/index.php

Here is the Delta Landing page. According to the Delta sign up page (here), you should be able to sign up online, by calling or by going into a branch. But, when you click the sign up online section, it does not provide the "open now" link that Delta is referencing.

The checking account bonus and enrollment bonus are limited time offers from 5/1/2012-6/30/2012 and are only available once per customer.

I am assuming that means that you cannot add authorized users.

lwildernorva May 2, 2012 10:46 am

Keep in mind that this offer cannot take advantage of the low fees for the Everyday Checking account, SunTrust's basic checking account, and instead requires Balanced Banking or above, checking products that impose at least a $12 monthly fee for checking and other SunTrust accounts that, in total, fall below $3000 (not a daily average--and other products impose higher fees and minimum balance requirements). Not bad if you intend to maintain a decent balance with SunTrust or already have some other accounts there, but certainly a factor to throw in when calculating whether $75 plus possible monthly fees are worth 30K Delta miles to you.

brasov02 May 2, 2012 12:58 pm

Just verified via SunTrust's online chat feature that this offer can be accessed without going into a physical branch. "Jenny" was all revved to get me set up. (Don't have the time right now but will do it later.)
Not sure if you can do it all online without a chat helper though.

update: just completed setting up the account with this offer via the chat. Thanks again Rick.

brasov02 May 2, 2012 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by zitozac (Post 18498332)
The business version is also available with a 25K bonus. It's unfortunate I just opened a business account and got the card in march for the 5K bonus.

Where did you see this? The only business offer I see is for a 5,000 mile bonus after first use with the card that will cost a whopping $125 annual fee. Sweet deal! Not.

whynotgo May 2, 2012 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02 (Post 18501226)
Where did you see this? The only business offer I see is for a 5,000 mile bonus after first use with the card that will cost a whopping $125 annual fee. Sweet deal! Not.

https://www.suntrust.com/SmallBusine...MilesCheckCard

Disclaimers

1The Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card is available on all business checking accounts except Primary Business Checking. The annual fee is $120 for the Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card. The Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card earns 1 mile per $2 in PIN Point of Sale and signature-based purchases and 1 mile per $1 in direct Delta purchases. Only PIN Point of Sale and signature-based purchases (including small dollar purchases that do not require a signature), Internet purchases, phone or mail order purchases or automatic bill payments qualify for mileage earnings. Cash advances, cash portion of a PIN POS sale with cash back, ATM transactions, payments for stored-value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, quasi cash, traveler’s cheques do not qualify. Open a Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card to receive 25,000 bonus miles. Miles will be awarded after the first PIN Point of Sale or signature-based purchase made with the card. The first purchase must be made by 7/31/2012 to be eligible for the bonus. The check card enrollment bonus is a limited time offer from 5/1/2012-6/30/2012 and is only available once per customer. The offer is not transferable and may not be combined with any other offers. Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. For details on this offer, please see delta.com/checkcardbonus. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. ©2012 Delta Air Lines, Inc.