Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
$75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:46 pm

What is working now for Suntrust Delta card?

I used to have this card few years ago, now I've got it again with a new Suntrust bonus. I used to do MOs at WM, but does it work now? What about Venmo, Cash.me and Circle?
    Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
    Originally Posted by groundhog
    I used to have this card few years ago, now I've got it again with a new Suntrust bonus. I used to do MOs at WM, but does it work now? What about Venmo, Cash.me and Circle?
    Groundhog, I haven't tested those services, but I can report that tax payments have not worked for me since April. Money orders from Walmart and Kroger family of stores do still work.
    Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    I'm really starting to resent all the work and fees for the measly 2k per month. I've got 2x ST DL debits and so charge 4k per month on each to get 2k per month DL SM on two accounts (spouse and self). It's running about $3.80 (WM BP) per 2k points plus the hassle. I'd like to switch over to MO but folks at my other (non ST) bank always raise an eyebrow, so I've stopped depositing MOs there. I'm seriously considering canceling the DL debits when AF is due in April. Just no fun anymore b/c payout so low. Of course, this is exactly what ST wants. Any suggestions re MO deposits would be appreciated. I can get those at Kroger for $2 per 2k points ($4k in MOs).
    Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:21 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
    Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
    I'd like to switch over to MO but folks at my other (non ST) bank always raise an eyebrow, so I've stopped depositing MOs there. ... Any suggestions re MO deposits would be appreciated.
    What I frequently do with a couple of mine is use them to pay credit card bills directly. Costs a stamp, but I can do it without leaving my office and since I buy MOs at the grocery store I'm typically already there. Mine charges .69 per, so I'm looking at $2.76 for my 4k a month (Signature account).

As far as banks, I spread my deposits between a couple so I'm not depositing more than a couple MOs per transaction. They don't seem to care. What were they saying or doing that made it obvious it raised an eyebrow?
    Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta PM
    I'm proud to report I have cancelled my ST account and retired from this particular game! It was good while it lasted but at this point it honestly isn't worth the time & effort for 48k miles a year and having to park 25k in a signature account.

It was a good product while it lasted, specifically before they introduced caps. If the cap was something like 10k, I probably would have kept it.
    Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by krazykanuck
    What I frequently do with a couple of mine is use them to pay credit card bills directly. Costs a stamp, but I can do it without leaving my office and since I buy MOs at the grocery store I'm typically already there. Mine charges .69 per, so I'm looking at $2.76 for my 4k a month (Signature account).

As far as banks, I spread my deposits between a couple so I'm not depositing more than a couple MOs per transaction. They don't seem to care. What were they saying or doing that made it obvious it raised an eyebrow?
    Ah, so you send MO via USPS to CC bank? Not a bad idea. Though the extra step and hassle is still annoying. As for the clerks at my other bank, they just always act surprised that I'm depositing MOs. If I could spread out 6-8k per month, then I would try that again. Maybe I need to open an account at credit union. How many do you deposit and it what intervals?

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
    I'm proud to report I have cancelled my ST account and retired from this particular game! It was good while it lasted but at this point it honestly isn't worth the time & effort for 48k miles a year and having to park 25k in a signature account.

It was a good product while it lasted, specifically before they introduced caps. If the cap was something like 10k, I probably would have kept it.
    I'm envious of your conviction. I'm not quite ready to give up yet b/c it's nice to have the MO and BP option, but I'm starting to think there must be a better alternative.
    Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:43 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Ah, so you send MO via USPS to CC bank? Not a bad idea. Though the extra step and hassle is still annoying. As for the clerks at my other bank, they just always act surprised that I'm depositing MOs. If I could spread out 6-8k per month, then I would try that again. Maybe I need to open an account at credit union. How many do you deposit and it what intervals?
    I like mailing them as payments on my Amex cards for a couple reasons. First, Amex doesn't seem to care about how you pay your bill, where as its reported Chase doesn't like MO deposits/payments, or paying cards by multiple payment methods. Second, the Amex payment PO box for my cards is in Dallas, so mailed payments post very quickly for me (generally 2 days). Payment times for my Citi card accounts is very erratic, it's been as quick as a couple days to as long as a week because they go to a Phoenix, AZ PO box.

I'd recommend opening a different bank account, I opened one this time last year mostly to deposit MOs into and also get a new account cash bonus. I'll do 2-3 MOs (usually total deposit is $1500-2000 depending on size of the MO) at a time a couple times a month per account. I also will transfer money in and out of the account as needed so that the patterns look somewhat like "normal" usage.
    Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:56 am

Has anyone tried Square Cash? Or Venmo? No fee for debit payments.
    Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:33 pm

Today I received in the mail two new ST debit cards (NOT Skymiles ones) with the account #s from our Skymiles ones that are due for AF in April. Anyone else? I'm wondering if ST is phasing out the DL cards.
    Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:17 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Today I received in the mail two new ST debit cards (NOT Skymiles ones) with the account #s from our Skymiles ones that are due for AF in April. Anyone else? I'm wondering if ST is phasing out the DL cards.
    Were your debit cards expiring? My AF is due in May and I haven't seen anything yet. I plan on finally cancelling this account this year, but it wouldn't surprise me of ST is kicking the program entirely. I bet lots of people left after the earning changes and now the many of the ones left are milking the max earnings per month.

Funny to think it's been a year since the last post in this thread.
    Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
    Were your debit cards expiring? My AF is due in May and I haven't seen anything yet. I plan on finally cancelling this account this year, but it wouldn't surprise me of ST is kicking the program entirely. I bet lots of people left after the earning changes and now the many of the ones left are milking the max earnings per month.

Funny to think it's been a year since the last post in this thread.
    i feel kind of pathetic that Ive held on this long. I need to ditch it.
    Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:03 pm

I am still using it, and earning 4k miles every month. What happens once the card expires, are they sending new card that earns the miles too?
    Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta PM
    Wow this thread still lives!! haha, shout out to all of you still on the grind!
    Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HY Diamod, MR Gold, PCR Plat
    my card was charged a/f on Feb 26th. Wondering if I should keep it.
    Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:24 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
    Wow this thread still lives!! haha, shout out to all of you still on the grind!
    I'm getting off this hamster wheel in a couple months. My AF is in May, so I'm gonna max out the last couple months and finally close this sucker. I feel like such a sucker refreshing the DL app and seeing that my miles haven't posted yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.