Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
    Thank you all for the data points. I used it to pay taxes to pay1040.com, and that was my only purchase. It appears that they are enforcing the terms that exclude tax payments, which would explain why I never got any miles this month.

Does anyone have any data points on the purchase of money orders from Kroger or Walmart. Do those still earn miles?
    Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by ScottTexas
    Thank you all for the data points. I used it to pay taxes to pay1040.com, and that was my only purchase. It appears that they are enforcing the terms that exclude tax payments, which would explain why I never got any miles this month.

Does anyone have any data points on the purchase of money orders from Kroger or Walmart. Do those still earn miles?
    My MOs at both those places earned points for May.
    Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
    Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
    My MOs at both those places earned points for May.
    Thanks; looks like I will be buying MOs now.
    Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
    Hi Everyone, I understand this offer has been expired, but wonder if there's any other way to still sign up for this or how often does this promotion come around? Thanks very much!
    Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
    Hi Everyone, I understand this offer has been expired, but wonder if there's any other way to still sign up for this or how often does this promotion come around? Thanks very much!
    The current offer (available online) is to get 5000 miles after your first purchase. The requirements are listed there.

There might be a higher offer in-branch. I don't know since no one has posted of anything, but it's worth trying if you have access to a branch.
    Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:50 pm

No miles posted yet this month !!!
    Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by troyhouse
    No miles posted yet this month !!!
    I noticed. But I think it's gone to the 9th before. And this week we had 4th as holiday. I suspect they'll post tomorrow.
    Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:23 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
    I noticed. But I think it's gone to the 9th before. And this week we had 4th as holiday. I suspect they'll post tomorrow.
    I just don't get why it's apparently so hard for them to be consistent from month to month.
    Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM
    Yeah, plus with the holiday I was guessing they would be late. I wish I didn't expect this from them.
    Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:14 pm

And they posted. To mine. But nothing yet posted to spouse's DL account (though should have 2k). I've never seen that before: some posting some not. Anyone else?

UPDATE: 2 hours later and spouse's points posted. Here's something interesting: for the past few months, I've been paying out at around $3995-3997 on each of 2 separate accounts (mine and spouses), but I always get a flat 2000 points. Always. Rounding up?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jul 8, 2016 at 6:51 pm
    Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:04 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

And they posted. To mine. But nothing yet posted to spouse's DL account (though should have 2k). I've never seen that before: some posting some not. Anyone else?
    Mine posted. Kind of. One of the transactions I made during the long weekend has a posted date of July 5, so it didn't count. On the plus side I'm that much closer to my $4k for this month...
    Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM
    I still get more than 4k every month lol. A 4k post on the nose and then a small amount as a second post. ps mine posted
    Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
    Originally Posted by Phantom707
    The current offer (available online) is to get 5000 miles after your first purchase. The requirements are listed there.

There might be a higher offer in-branch. I don't know since no one has posted of anything, but it's worth trying if you have access to a branch.
    Thanks Phantom707 for your help. So I guess the 20k extra bonus is expired and no other way to get it? Thanks again.
    Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
    Originally Posted by krazykanuck
    Mine posted. Kind of. One of the transactions I made during the long weekend has a posted date of July 5, so it didn't count. On the plus side I'm that much closer to my $4k for this month...
    I had a transaction on July 2 (in the morning), and it also posted on July 5. However for me it did count and I got the full 4k. What day did your transaction occur?
    Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:42 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
    I had a transaction on July 2 (in the morning), and it also posted on July 5. However for me it did count and I got the full 4k. What day did your transaction occur?
    July 4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.