Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 2:24 pm

T&C

Pulling this language from their Terms and Conditions, does anyone OUTSIDE of these states have a successful application online or via chat or phone?

"The Delta SkyMiles Check Cards are issued by SunTrust Banks, Inc. and are available in AL, AR, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, WV, VA and Washington, D.C. Certain restrictions apply."

2009 and 2010 were just too much fun, and it would be a shame not to jump in for another 55,000 miles from SunTrust Bank.

Thank you,

PedroNY
    Old May 2, 2012, 2:24 pm

I just signed up for this online. I chose the Balanced Banking ($12 monthly fee) and the Delta Check Card ($75 annual fee). I'll setup my military retirement on direct deposit. Once I get the 30k miles, I'll transfer the direct deposit back and close the account. The 30k miles is worth the $100 or so to me.
    Old May 2, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: Several dozen
    30K is for starters, ROB0225! Don't do a grab and toss and miss the additional opportunity.

RE>$75 plus possible monthly fees are worth 30K Delta miles to you.

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
    Keep in mind that this offer cannot take advantage of the low fees for the Everyday Checking account, SunTrust's basic checking account, and instead requires Balanced Banking or above, checking products that impose at least a $12 monthly fee for checking and other SunTrust accounts that, in total, fall below $3000 (not a daily average--and other products impose higher fees and minimum balance requirements). Not bad if you intend to maintain a decent balance with SunTrust or already have some other accounts there, but certainly a factor to throw in when calculating whether $75 plus possible monthly fees are worth 30K Delta miles to you.
    Old May 2, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: many
    Originally Posted by PedroNY
    Pulling this language from their Terms and Conditions, does anyone OUTSIDE of these states have a successful application online or via chat or phone?

"The Delta SkyMiles Check Cards are issued by SunTrust Banks, Inc. and are available in AL, AR, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, WV, VA and Washington, D.C. Certain restrictions apply." PedroNY
    Business checking is a problem, business needs to be registered in one of the those states.
    Old May 2, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
    Open account from any location via chat (or phone)

I've just opened an account via the chat service. I live in NY, so home location isn't a problem. The chat option just popped up for me when I was browsing the SunTrust page (https://www.suntrust.com/skymiles). If you go to https://www.suntrust.com/PersonalBan...ecking_TopLeft an option to "Chat Now" will appear on the right side in the "Contact Us" window. Also, if this works via chat, it will work via phone as well.

Here's a transcript of the chat:

Donna: Thank you for chatting with me at SunTrust.com. How may I help you today, Jonathan?

Me: I'm interested in opening a personal account with the Delta SkyMiles World Check Card promotion. There are no branches near me. Can I open this account online, over the phone, or with you?

Donna: I'll be more than happy to assist you with opening the account! May I ask you a few questions so that I have a better understanding of your banking needs?

Me: Sure.

Donna: Do you already have a Delta Skymiles number?

Me: xxxxxxxxxxx

Donna: Great! Let me tell you about our Delta Skymiles Check Card then we can discuss which account type would best work for you...

Donna: The Delta SkyMiles World Check Card annual fee is $75.

Donna: Earn 15,000 bonus miles after your 1st signature based purchase.

Donna: Earn 15,000 bonus miles after your first Direct Deposit to your new Balanced Banking, Solid Choice Banking or the Signature Advantage Banking account within 60 days.

Donna: Each consumer checking account will be limited to 2 Delta SkyMiles cards per account. Also, you will now earn miles PIN Point of Sale (POS) purchases and this is in addition to signature-based transactions that you receive miles for today; and you will continue to earn 1 mile for every $1 spent.

Donna: Earn double miles on all direct Delta purchases like flights, Delta SkyClub access and in-flight movies and snacks.

Donna: The annual fee is applied on the anniversary date of the card. This is the date the card was ordered. The first year fee will not be applied to the account for 30 days.

Donna: The SkyMiles check card will allow you to earn miles based on your signature authorized transactions, online/telephone purchases, and recurring bill pays paid by card as well as PIN Point of Sale (POS) purchases. You can get the card with the Balanced Banking, Solid Choice Banking or the Signature Advantage Banking account.

Me: The only thing that is unclear is the "2 cards per account". Does this mean my wife and I could each have a card on my account? Do we each get the bonus?

Donna: Yes, you can each get a card however the bonus skymiles are only per account and therefore if the account is joint it would only apply one time. We offer the Skymilescard with the following account types: Balanced Banking, Solid Choice Banking or the Signature Advantage Banking account. So I can make a recommendation, can you tell me how much you plan to keep in the account on average?

Me: I'd like to avoid paying fees, so what's the miniumum I'd need to keep in an account?

Donna: It will all depend on the account type as they all have different minimums. Approximately how much would you estimate to keep?

Me: Around $3000

Donna: Thank you for waiting. Based on what you have told me, I recommend the Balanced Banking account.

Donna: This account includes a SunTrust MasterCard Classic Check Card OR Delta Skymiles Check card, the first order of SunTrust exclusive (30 pack) checks is free, free Online Banking with Bill Pay, free Mobile Banking and a combined statement.

Donna: This account has a $12 monthly maintenance fee, it can be waived if you maintain a minimum daily collected balance of $3,000 in the Balanced Banking account and other linked checking, savings, money market, CD and IRA balances (excludes CDs and IRAs provided by SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.). Check Safekeeping is a standard feature of this account. Check Image Statement is available for $1 per month (optional).

Donna: This checking account is an excellent option for clients who want to minimize or reduce overdraft fees, and for clients who want the peace of mind in knowing that they will not overdraw their account.

Donna: If funds are not available in the account to cover transactions, all items will be returned unpaid and check card purchases will be declined.

Donna: The minimum opening deposit is $100.

Donna: Since you will be maintaining the required minimum daily collected balance of $3,000 in the account or other link deposit accounts the account will be free of a monthly maintenance fee. What do you think about the account I have offered you today?

Me: That sounds fine. This account will allow me to get the 15,000 Delta bonus for the check card as well as the 15,000 Delta bonus for direct deposit?

Donna: Yes that is correct. The first 15,000 bonus miles will be after your 1st signature based purchase. Would you like to go ahead and apply?

Me: Yes.

Donna: Great! Let's go ahead and get started...

Last edited by j3brooklyn; May 2, 2012 at 2:42 pm Reason: chat link
    Old May 2, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott rewards, United, AA, Delta
    That direct deposit will be a problem for me. Does anyone know if an ACH like from Chase or Citi or Fidelity would work? Also could you cancel the check card before the fee hit? Just asking, cause I sure would like to have the Delta miles for me and hubby.
    Old May 2, 2012, 4:01 pm

is there a credit pull to open?
    Old May 2, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
    Originally Posted by whynotgo
    https://www.suntrust.com/SmallBusine...MilesCheckCard

Disclaimers

1The Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card is available on all business checking accounts except Primary Business Checking. The annual fee is $120 for the Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card. The Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card earns 1 mile per $2 in PIN Point of Sale and signature-based purchases and 1 mile per $1 in direct Delta purchases. Only PIN Point of Sale and signature-based purchases (including small dollar purchases that do not require a signature), Internet purchases, phone or mail order purchases or automatic bill payments qualify for mileage earnings. Cash advances, cash portion of a PIN POS sale with cash back, ATM transactions, payments for stored-value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, quasi cash, traveler’s cheques do not qualify. Open a Delta SkyMiles Business Check Card to receive 25,000 bonus miles. Miles will be awarded after the first PIN Point of Sale or signature-based purchase made with the card. The first purchase must be made by 7/31/2012 to be eligible for the bonus. The check card enrollment bonus is a limited time offer from 5/1/2012-6/30/2012 and is only available once per customer. The offer is not transferable and may not be combined with any other offers. Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. For details on this offer, please see delta.com/checkcardbonus. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. ©2012 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
    I must have a browser problem because your link still takes me to just a 5,000 mile offer.
    Old May 2, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
    Originally Posted by aviator8
    It's a soft pull like with most checking accounts.
    Old May 2, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
    Originally Posted by aviator8
    Not a hard one, but the nice, soft kind. Meaning they'll check your credit, or at least credit profile (whatever the difference that is) but it won't be of the type that shows up on your report for others to see.
    Old May 2, 2012, 8:47 pm

question

any mention of clawback? 6 month minimum or such?
    Old May 2, 2012, 9:21 pm

Double-dip?

If I charge expenses on a credit card and then pay the credit card out of my SunTrust checking account, do I get points for the payment to the credit card? Thanks much.
    Old May 2, 2012, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by CorkyPuttPutt
    If I charge expenses on a credit card and then pay the credit card out of my SunTrust checking account, do I get points for the payment to the credit card? Thanks much.
    It states that you earn 1mile/$1 spent for signature transactions and pin transactions. Paying your credit card is an ACH transaction which does not give any miles since it doesn't require the use of the debit card
    Old May 3, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
    Does anyone know if paying taxes through one of the IRS approved vendors gets you points?
    Meaning if I use pay1040.com with the debit card (which costs ~$2), and it's an internet transaction, will I get those points? I know other T&Cs in the past have specifically said no points for taxes.
    Old May 3, 2012, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by pcharles
    Business checking is a problem, business needs to be registered in one of the those states.
    Would love to hear more from anyone who has applied for the business card. What kind of questions do they ask? Do you actually have to have a business (as the above seems to indicate), unlike just being able to use your name as a sole proprietorship like with CC's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.