Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
    Am I Out of Luck?

Vital info:

Located in CA.
    Signed up online.
    Transfered $ from my local checking account.
    Money transferred from local account.
    Set up online account.
    Received card in mail.

So....when I try to log into my account, I get the following mesage:

"The requested service is temporarily unavailable. Please try later."

Anyone else have this issue. Not sure if it's the Suntrust system acting up or their passive-aggressive way of shutting me down.

xlax

"
    Old May 17, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, UA Silver
    So far so good

Opened an account each for both me and mrs. in NC. Funded both with $3075. Received my card few days back and used it y'day. Wife's a/c is showing active online but no sign of her card. Employer allows for DD in 2 A/Cs. Have set it up for ST a/c. Let's see how it goes from here.
    Old May 17, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
    Has anyone in CA been able to "

1) complete application process online or via chat and/or
    2) received their cards in the mail yet confirming that account is active etc?

inquiring minds would like to know
    Old May 17, 2012, 11:58 pm
    Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by kdinino
    Has anyone in CA been able to "

1) complete application process online or via chat and/or
    2) received their cards in the mail yet confirming that account is active etc?

inquiring minds would like to know
    Yes, completed both and confirmed bonus over the phone.
    Old May 18, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: delta skymiles
    Originally Posted by amkaylor
    I signed up for one last September and I currently reside in Wisconsin. I did it online and they had no problems giving one to me.

However, when we were in Atlanta two weeks ago and I wanted to add my husband to the account, they would NOT issue him a SunTrust Delta Check Card even though we would have paid the annual fee again for his, too. They said it was because they aren't issuing the card to our account level anymore, but it's the same as this promotion.

Have to say that doesn't sit well with me from a customer service standpoint. I guess I'll just have him open his own account to get this bonus, and then we'll close it out.
    I opened a new account in April & was told the Skymiles card was no longer offered & being phased out.
    Joann
    Old May 18, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
    I have Suntrust Personal and Business accounts already - does adding the check card qualify for the promotion?
    Old May 18, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
    I see someone said Visa/Mastercard Cash Advance as a funding option. Has anyone tried using an Amex Pre-paid?
    Old May 18, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by charms81
    I have Suntrust Personal and Business accounts already - does adding the check card qualify for the promotion?
    Yes--all you have to do is request the card and pay the one-time fee. You will get a new check card with the Suntrust AND Delta logos on it, tied to your present account numbers.
    Old May 18, 2012, 1:24 pm
    Used to be highman123

I just added a second checking account (with my kid as beneficiary) - over the phone. The agent told me I'm eligible for a second 30k bonus (same conditions as first one) but miles go to his account. No need to go to a branch.

So maybe I can even do a third one?

Oh and the agent also said ONE direct deposit is good enough to get the bonus.
    Old May 18, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
    So for a data point. I just called up to try and do my initial funding.

I asked if I could fund with an Amex Debit Card (I wanted to use the new Amex pre-paid), and she said yes. I asked if I could do $500, but then she said they can only do an initial funding of $100 with a debit card. At that point I tried to used a Visa Gift Card, but she said they couldn't do that either. So I had her run the Amex Prepaid (since it has my name on it).

She said she said it up and it should transfer the funds within 7 business days.
    Old May 18, 2012, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by elizadoo
    Yes--all you have to do is request the card and pay the one-time fee. You will get a new check card with the Suntrust AND Delta logos on it, tied to your present account numbers.
    Wrong.

This explicitly says for "new accounts only". I have both a business and personal checking account with ST. However, I had to open a new, next tier checking account for it to qualify which did count as a new account. So.. it's possible.

Originally Posted by highman123
    I just added a second checking account (with my kid as beneficiary) - over the phone. The agent told me I'm eligible for a second 30k bonus (same conditions as first one) but miles go to his account. No need to go to a branch.
    This is in direct conflict to what I was told when I went in person and opened up a new personal account with the branch manager. She said that you could have as many joint accounts as you wanted with whomever you want, and that the miles could all go to one account. She also said that in order to open up a joint account, both parties must be present.
    Old May 18, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
    I opened my account few days ago and my account got canceled next day.
    Today, I received the debit card...stupid....
    Old May 18, 2012, 4:18 pm

How long after account close was your deposit money refunded?
    Old May 18, 2012, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by pigx5
    I opened my account few days ago and my account got canceled next day.
    Today, I received the debit card...stupid....
    Current status:
    - Opened an account online via chat (in California)
    - Got a letter in the mail stating my deposit was on hold (funded by ACH deposit from another bank)
    - Got my signature card in the mail and sent it in the next day
    - The day after, I got another letter stating that my deposit was on hold again because my signature card was not returned yet...LOL
    - Called in and was told a hold was on my account until the signature card is returned but that I still need to call back to take the hold off even after it is received. No timeline given on when that would be.

Hehe...these guys are like the Keystone cops.

Last edited by milesnow; May 18, 2012 at 4:58 pm
    Old May 18, 2012, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by junglesmacks
    Wrong.

This explicitly says for "new accounts only". I have both a business and personal checking account with ST. However, I had to open a new, next tier checking account for it to qualify which did count as a new account. So.. it's possible.
    Wrong--I'm right. Kind of.

You CAN order this card on an existing personal and/or business account. I know, I did it--when I walked into my bank it was offered to me, I didn't even have to ask. There was a greeter at the door asking customers if they wanted to avail themselves of this new offer. You don't have to be a new customer.

What you have to do, though, is change out of the Standard checking account and into the Balanced (or higher tier) plan, like you said. Those are the plans that have the higher minimums. I had to do that, upgrade my account category. However, my card and checks have the same account number as my previous, lower tier account category. But my card looks different, as does the balance in my account--it's higher than it used to be, because it has a higher minimum requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.