Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline Visa - 2% cashback everywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I recently redeemed for a flight at 1.5cpp + 10% back
Was it coded as PRICELN* ?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by lanb
Was it coded as PRICELN* ?
No, it was direct airline booking
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by yugi
I recently redeemed for a flight at 1.5cpp + 10% back
Yep, it appears the flights and cruises are still coding for the 1.5x redemption, but the Priceline direct bill (mostly opaque) bookings are still not fixed. Almost three months now. Definitely due to this new description name which seems way too painful to get fixed.

P.S. - Is creating a case the only way to get 1.5% redemption value at this time ?
Yes.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:05 pm

Thanks. As expected, I got a reply saying that the issue has been forwarded to the relevant department for research.

At least they created a case id automatically. Now we wait
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:07 pm

BTW, anyone know if direct train bookings are coding at 1.5x redemption ?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:03 pm

Wow, looks like they are getting a lot of this and have a process in place.
Got my credit posted and points debited correctly within one day of contacting them.

A first for Barclays CS
rasheed likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:20 pm

I have this card, and I am also thinking of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card for travel. Do folks think that having that card is also worth it if one has the 2% PLN Vis card?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:02 am

You just can't compare this no AF card with CSR and its significant annual fee.

That being said, when redeeming 2% purchases with the 1.5 multiplier and 10% extra for travel (airfare, cruises and priceline opaque purchases), it seems very flexible. Sure, the priceline purchases requires a CS ticket with the rewards desk, but it gets processed and with such a low threshold ($25).

Barclays has also kept some significant benefits such as trip interruption, no FTF, extended warranty and a few other benefits.

My read is unless you use UR redemption (and primarily Hyatt exchange), there is little redemption advantage with CSR.

There is no better card non-AF, non-FTF travel card on the market. The fact that it is a legacy card kind of eliminates the ability to talk about it much.

Yes, I use other cards for dining (there are many 3x no AF cards and a few 4x cards), and I'll plug in my BofA Cash Rewards for some of the ancillary travel if I need it.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:15 am

Hmm, I've been waiting for a week for them to get back to me about my ticket. The process seems hit or miss.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by rasheed

That being said, when redeeming 2% purchases with the 1.5 multiplier and 10% extra for travel (airfare, cruises and priceline opaque purchases), it seems very flexible. Sure, the priceline purchases requires a CS ticket with the rewards desk, but it gets processed and with such a low threshold ($25).

Barclays has also kept some significant benefits such as trip interruption, no FTF, extended warranty and a few other benefits.

My read is unless you use UR redemption (and primarily Hyatt exchange), there is little redemption advantage with CSR.

There is no better card non-AF, non-FTF travel card on the market. The fact that it is a legacy card kind of eliminates the ability to talk about it much.

Yes, I use other cards for dining (there are many 3x no AF cards and a few 4x cards), and I'll plug in my BofA Cash Rewards for some of the ancillary travel if I need it.

THanks for the reply. Yes, while when it comes to redemption, it looks like the Priceline Visa is the card, I am also looking at the benefits offered by Chase UR, but if I take out the redemption benefits, it seems that the Lounge access and primary insurance is all what I get more.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by rasheed

How long is extended warranty? 1 or 2 years? I know there is a price protection as well, but what are the limits, and for how long?
Citi still gives 2 extra years, but no price protection anymore. There are some other cards, which have price protection and extended warranty, but since Citi removed price protection, this might be the best card to make important purchases.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:21 pm

Looks like they finally fixed the glitch. I see the reduced redemption for priceline purchases now.
The 10% back is not showing up but I am not sure if it used to in the "confirm" page or after the redemption confirmation.
rasheed likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Looks like they finally fixed the glitch. I see the reduced redemption for priceline purchases now.
The 10% back is not showing up but I am not sure if it used to in the "confirm" page or after the redemption confirmation.
It shows up after the redemption. I just redeemed for flight charges and the 10% only showed on the confirmation page.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by sullim4
It shows up after the redemption. I just redeemed for flight charges and the 10% only showed on the confirmation page.
Yes, you are correct. Thank you.
Old May 9, 2021, 6:38 pm

I still haven't been able to get my VIP Gold status picked up as a long-time cardholder on my Priceline account. They have done some sort of escalation, but we shall see.

I rarely get interesting Barclays promos on the card, but I did get a spend $400 on purchases, get a $50 Express Hotel coupon. Coupon hasn't showed up yet, but that is a nice offer and is aligned to this being a travel card.

Hotel updates
There continues to be some slight changes on what is 5x earn and 1.5x redeemable on this card when it comes to Priceline purchases. For any given Priceline hotel inventory, there are basically three buckets on how they market it.

-Pay Now (some with free cancellation windows - wow)
-Pricebreaker (opaque, but some narrow focus on what you might get) (technically this is an Express Deal)
-Express Deals (closest to NYOP as NYOP is gone)

If you are unsure if you are booking one of these rates, it is easy to tell, in the Taxes and Fees link on the payment page before booking, you can click and Priceline indicates how much actual taxes and how much in fees. If there are fees, it is Priceline inventory.

This is also the same order it should be for pricing (from highest to lowest). In all cases, it is the same room inventory they are picking from and the price changes are only done by Priceline not by the room supplier. It also appears all three types of rooms post on the card statement in the same fashion.

Airfare
So, Express Deals does exist for airfare, the link: https://www.priceline.com/?tab=fligh...=express-deals

You are supposed to earn 5x and 1.5x redeem based on the current T&C. I hope one day someone tells me their airfare Express Deal experience.

I have not see any Express Deals for rental cars, so I don't think there is any 5x opportunity for that area.

Other sites
There are still no partnerships for any bookings done via Kayak, Booking.com, Agoda or any other family site. If you see some non-airbnb/vrbo type Pay Now hotel or opaque inventory, you should do the same search on Priceline site and book it there to get 5x. It should be the same price, but I haven't tested this enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.