Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerboi69
CX first class must be nice. Any tips / links on redeeming AA miles to Asia / Sout East Asia / Australia?

I've found I can get pretty good deals flying AA metal or at least boooking on AA.com to Europe / Sout America with SAAver Awards. I've never made a booking with AA miles ouside aa.com
That's something that's better researched / asked in the AA forum, rather than in an Alaska airlines credit card thread!

But one quick tip on searching (in any of the 3 alliances): www.awardnexus.com, free (look at the link under the green Purchase button) for FlyerTalk members (for a certain number of search per 3 months). Once you know Alaska's partners and the rules (that you can't mix multiple partners on one redemption), you'll know how to use that site for Alaska redemption searches too.

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 19, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:49 pm

As a nice data point of two cards in under 30 minutes:

Applied for #1 - Pending
Called in, was transferred a total of three times eventually to Fraud. Approved

Applied for #2 - Pending
Called in, approved for 5k. I didn't want additional credit, so just asked to move from my first card.

This was all in under 30 minutes. No need for two browser or fast finger tricks...etc.

How soon can I rinse and repeat? I need an emergency stock pile of Alaska points in case AA screws us all over.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wife just got a targeted 30k offer in the mail, bonus miles after account approval. It's not 50k, but I'll take it.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
I applied for 2 using two browsers. Walked away after clicking submit. When I returned it had auto redirected to the Alaska air website. For some reason I had a brain freeze and thought the applications didn't go through and it didn't dawn on me to check application status. So I went ahead and did the two browsers again. This time stuck around and saw that both apps are pending. Finally light bulb went off and I went to BofA website to check status. The first two shows approved, second 2 are pending. Should I call to cancel the 3rd and 4th app?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:05 am

Following up from my post a few months ago. This time I decided to go for business cards, and on Monday I did a 4bm. Unfortunately I had to fax in my articles of incorporation, which meant that the process got quite involved. The first of the four cards was approved on Tuesday, and the other three were approved today, so I will end up with two credit pulls on my TU report.

For those wondering about churning this card, this has been my schedule for the last fifteen months:

Nov 2013 (1BM): Approved, cxl'd May 2014
Apr 2014 (1BM): Approved, cxl'd Jan 2015
Jun 2014 (2BM): Approved x2, one cxl'd Nov 2014, other cxl'd Jan 2015
Nov 2014 (2BM): Approved x2
Feb 2015 (4BM): Approved as 1x and 3x, each with $4K line (they offered $8K each, but didn't want that much)

So I now have four biz open, and two personal open
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Churning data point:

Just figured I would share: Got my first Visa Signature card with the 25k miles upon approval offer on Nov 21st. I've hit the card hard with the MS probably putting $25k on since I got it.

On Feb 23rd, I applied for a second card (using the 25k points and $100 credit after $1k spend) and was approved instantly. I counted and it was around 92 days after first card was approved. I plan to put some spend on this card, but cancel after two billing cycles - will try for another one in May and report back.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:13 pm

Finished my spend 1/29 and statement rolled around yesterday without $100 statement credit. Should I call or just wait it out?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:54 am

Does anyone know with the miles post...

for monthly spend? I have my first statement from the 23rd and have yet to get the miles in my account. Is Alaska really this slow in processing the miles from BOA or is there a certain day that they all get done for the month?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:32 pm

I'm confused with the 2BM, 3BM method people have been using to get multiple personal cards.... could someone explain please? Is it applying for the same card via two different browser at the same time or applying to the same bank at the same time for one pull...

I've one Alaska Biz card but no personal card yet - missed out on the 50k before. Would it be worthwhile to try the applying for two of this personal card and maybe a Chase Sapphire and/or Ink Bold? Don't think I'll be able to get another USAir since last one in Nov. Missed Amex Plat 100k so still don't have a single amex card yet...
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Timeline for churning these cards?

I applied (and was approved) for an Alaska Airlines personal card on 1/26, along with a Citi Executive card. I've been intending on waiting 35 days for my 2nd Citi Exec (which I'd planned on doing today - 3/2), and then another ~35 days after that for a 3rd. I apologize in advance for this question as I'm certain it could be found somewhere in these 1,300+ posts, but it's not in the wiki... What are the churning/timeline rules for this Alaska card? Can I apply for a 2nd one (...and 3rd via 2BM...?) today as well, or would the more traditional ~90 days work better for churning this card? Also, are there any data points on how many cards one can be approved for in a given period of time? i.e. Even if I'm able to apply for an additional card(s) today, has anyone been approved for 3 cards in a 35 day period, or would it be safer to just go for a single additional card? TIA!

Last edited by dajoip; Mar 2, 2015 at 6:34 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by dajoip
I applied (and was approved) for an Alaska Airlines personal card on 1/26, along with a Citi Executive card. I've been intending on waiting ~35 days for my 2nd Citi Exec (which I'd planned on doing today - 3/2), and then another ~35 days after that for a 3rd. I apologize in advance for this question as I'm certain it can be found somewhere in these 1,300+ posts, but it's not in the wiki... What are the churning/timeline rules for this Alaska card? Can I apply for a 2nd one (...and 3rd via 2BM...?) today as well, or would the more traditional ~90 days work better for churning this card? TIA!
You would have found the answer if you read last 5-10 pages.
Yes, you can apply for 2 Alaska cards in the same day, no need for 2 BM. Apply 1, get approved/recon, then apply for the 2nd.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by dajoip
I applied (and was approved) for an Alaska Airlines personal card on 1/26, along with a Citi Executive card. I've been intending on waiting 35 days for my 2nd Citi Exec (which I'd planned on doing today - 3/2), and then another ~35 days after that for a 3rd. I apologize in advance for this question as I'm certain it could be found somewhere in these 1,300+ posts, but it's not in the wiki... What are the churning/timeline rules for this Alaska card? Can I apply for a 2nd one (...and 3rd via 2BM...?) today as well, or would the more traditional ~90 days work better for churning this card? Also, are there any data points on how many cards one can be approved for in a given period of time? i.e. Even if I'm able to apply for an additional card(s) today, has anyone been approved for 3 cards in a 35 day period, or would it be safer to just go for a single additional card? TIA!
Not six posts before yours I posted my timeline as an example - did you even spend more than a minute reading on this thread *SMH*
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: RR, QS, AS MP, SPG
Wife and I are planning on traveling to see family in Anchorage in November/December 2015.. And June/July 2016.. And then Hawaii fall 2016... So we'll be getting the Alaska Airline card (at least one Credit Card with Alaska Air) within a few months and an SPG Amex, too... Might wait to sign up a few weeks/months to see if the 50k offer for Alaska comes back around or if I get targeted for it via email or mail...

Is it a good idea to possibly wait to sign up since our travels are several months away and might get a better offer (if they come back). I have "excellent" credit according to the whole credit system (750+)... And only a handful of Credit Cards (Freedom, SW RR, CapOne QS)

Open to feedback and thoughts. Thanks!!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by johnnie198x
You would have found the answer if you read last 5-10 pages.
Yes, you can apply for 2 Alaska cards in the same day, no need for 2 BM. Apply 1, get approved/recon, then apply for the 2nd.
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Not six posts before yours I posted my timeline as an example - did you even spend more than a minute reading on this thread *SMH*
Yes, I've been following this thread for quite awhile now. My main question was not whether I can apply for more than one card (as I know that is possible), it was whether a 2nd BoA application is "safe" only 35 days after the previous. I was just looking for some definitive/known rules for BoA applications - one person's timeline doesn't necessarily mean it's safe for everyone (also, the closest together two of those apps are is 4/14 - 6/14, which is ~60 days, so that still doesn't address my question about churning 35 days apart). Sometimes you just want some reassurance that what you'd like to do is OK before going ahead and making a stupid mistake, and when it doesn't match exactly with the suggested strategy, it makes it a lot harder to find a definitive answer for what's OK and what's not.

Last edited by dajoip; Mar 2, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CASACW2
Wife and I are planning on traveling to see family in Anchorage in November/December 2015.. And June/July 2016.. And then Hawaii fall 2016... So we'll be getting the Alaska Airline card (at least one Credit Card with Alaska Air) within a few months and an SPG Amex, too... Might wait to sign up a few weeks/months to see if the 50k offer for Alaska comes back around or if I get targeted for it via email or mail...

Open to feedback and thoughts. Thanks!!
Get it now and if the 50k offer comes, call and ask them to match..... nobody knows when or if the better offer is coming. Why not pick up other cards at the same time... AA etc,...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.