Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b
is the biz a 90 day wait too?
I think it is. To be on the safe side, I'll be following the
90-days-between-business-applications plan, as bchips has done (below).

Originally Posted by bchips
3/3/16
6/13/16
10/12/16
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Data points: Applied for my first Alaska card 1/2016. Instantly approved with $12k credit limit. DM'ed BOA a few months later and preemptively lowered it to $5k. I already have a BoA Travel Rewards with a 6.8k limit I also lowered to 5k at the same time. Approved 10/6/2016 for a 2nd Alaska card, instantly approved for 8k.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:15 pm

Dammit BOA, you're all over the place. How are we supposed to figure you out if we cannot establish a pattern?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:46 pm

Wife applied for Biz and Personal cards, Biz auto approved, Personal pending due to credit frozen, called today denied " we extended two other credit cards to you this year"

She has 2 personal cards open prior to applications, its time to close those cards.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Great, just as I was planning on doing the second one! Maybe I should close the first, wait a bit, and then try...
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:20 am

I just applied for an Asiana card (I know this is AS thread, but hoping the folks here with extensive BofA expertise may be able to help..). App went to pending, so I called recon. They said problem was my Experian was frozen and I asked if they could pull TU, which they agreed to. She said she wasn't able to approve account as most of my revolving accounts were new (which is true, have 12 or so new cards in last year). I do have a 12 year old BofA Worldpoints card I never use and offered to transfer credit from that, but she refused. Said I needed to demonstrate more history with the new revolving accounts. I was pretty shocked at the denial. All three FICOs/FAKOs are mid-high 700s, seasoned mortgage and auto loans on report (so it's not just a bunch of relatively new CCs), six figure income. And I've been approved for 2 business AS and 1 business Asiana card in past 2 months (she didn't cite those, presumably because they are not on my personal report)?

Any chance of reconning this with another agent? I had been planning to do Asiana card then a personal AS card but this threw me for a loop!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by bodiddely
I just applied for an Asiana card (I know this is AS thread, but hoping the folks here with extensive BofA expertise may be able to help..). App went to pending, so I called recon. They said problem was my Experian was frozen and I asked if they could pull TU, which they agreed to. She said she wasn't able to approve account as most of my revolving accounts were new (which is true, have 12 or so new cards in last year). I do have a 12 year old BofA Worldpoints card I never use and offered to transfer credit from that, but she refused. Said I needed to demonstrate more history with the new revolving accounts. I was pretty shocked at the denial. All three FICOs/FAKOs are mid-high 700s, seasoned mortgage and auto loans on report (so it's not just a bunch of relatively new CCs), six figure income. And I've been approved for 2 business AS and 1 business Asiana card in past 2 months (she didn't cite those, presumably because they are not on my personal report)?

Any chance of reconning this with another agent? I had been planning to do Asiana card then a personal AS card but this threw me for a loop!
Clearly they don't like what they see in your TU credit report. Any reason you don't want them pulling EX?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by akcae
Clearly they don't like what they see in your TU credit report. Any reason you don't want them pulling EX?
More inquiries on EX. Only Barclay (and, apparently only sometimes, BofA) pull my TU so I prefer inquiries to go there. EX will be the same info. Lots of new revolving accounts but very low (under 2% on each card and across board) utilization.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bodiddely
More inquiries on EX. Only Barclay (and, apparently only sometimes, BofA) pull my TU so I prefer inquiries to go there. EX will be the same info. Lots of new revolving accounts but very low (under 2% on each card and across board) utilization.
The number of new accounts reported on TU should be the same as on TU. The rep commented on the new accounts opened without much of history.

This implies to that BofA now not just looks into number of inquiries but number of new accounts opened - a la Chase but not yet a defined rule.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've read back a few pages and these DPs are all over the place.

My situation:
AS 1 Personal- opened May 2015, closed June 2016
AS 2 Business- same schedule
AS 3 Personal- opened December 2015, still open with a CL of $5k

I'd like to pull the trigger on another one, but can't decide what's lowest risk/highest change of auto approval. I have 2 other open BoA CCs (CLs of $1k and $5k), so total exposure of $11k.

Suggestions? Go for Biz since I have an open personal? Close the personal (which I was going to do before the fee anyway) and apply for another one in a couple months?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I've read back a few pages and these DPs are all over the place.

My situation:
AS 1 Personal- opened May 2015, closed June 2016
AS 2 Business- same schedule
AS 3 Personal- opened December 2015, still open with a CL of $5k

I'd like to pull the trigger on another one, but can't decide what's lowest risk/highest change of auto approval. I have 2 other open BoA CCs (CLs of $1k and $5k), so total exposure of $11k.

Suggestions? Go for Biz since I have an open personal? Close the personal (which I was going to do before the fee anyway) and apply for another one in a couple months?
to me this sounds like a good plan.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:59 pm

Note: I didn't see a thread for retention offers on this card, so I'll put this here. Got offered 2500 miles today to keep my card open; had for 12 months, ~$3000 spend. Declined the offer, but might be worth a call for someone who'd otherwise keep the card open. CS rep offered it proactively - I didn't ask about offers or get transferred to a retention department.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:55 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

[QUOTE=bodiddely;27371297I do have a 12 year old BofA Worldpoints card I never use and offered to transfer credit from that, but she refused. [/QUOTE]

I strongly suggest that you start using this card to sweeten up your relationship with BoA. Our oldest card (morphed from an AOPA card) is the Worldpoints card with little or no use for years. BoA closed it when we applied for our first Alaska card, and required a hard pull to reopen it. We agreed to the HP, due to the benefits of having this very seasoned card on our credit report. I now use it at least once a month, but BoA likes to see "regular" use on the cards they issue.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:00 am

I am currently on my 4th BOA Alaska personal card, I usually apply 3 months apart after I lower the CL to 5k and then I cancel the previous card after I receive the new one. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best maximize my chances of getting approved for the business card? should I wait x days after a personal card approval or is it more about the total credit limit that you have with BOA?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I strongly suggest that you start using this card to sweeten up your relationship with BoA. Our oldest card (morphed from an AOPA card) is the Worldpoints card with little or no use for years. BoA closed it when we applied for our first Alaska card, and required a hard pull to reopen it. We agreed to the HP, due to the benefits of having this very seasoned card on our credit report. I now use it at least once a month, but BoA likes to see "regular" use on the cards they issue.
When you say "regular," is that monthly? How much spend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.