Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
the application status page says "your application is in review" however, when I log into my account
it shows my second card with an account number...this means I was approved, correct?
Typically the actual approval email or letter, after a review has been done, comes many days later.
That's why a good way to "check application status" is to log into your accounts and see if a new account is showing,
as happened with you.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
i got approved for a second BOA alaska biz card
Was this in the last few days?

Also, before being approved for the second business card, how long had it been since you were approved for the first business card - at least 90 days, or much less than that?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
FWIW, another recent data-point:
Applied 2-3 weeks ago, website stated unable to give decision and under review and will send letter, called recon an hour or 2 later, was told declined due to already having an open account, call ended with decline. Called recon same number again an hour or 2 or day later, long conversation, approved signature 5K, needs review, he will call me again in 24-48 business hours, voicemail 2 business days later, call returned, approved signature 5K BUT it would require closing the existing account. (I do not recall any comments from any of the 3 or 4 credit analysts about number of inquiries or number of new accounts.)
Data-point addendum: The letter I received from BOA (dated the same day as my application and calls) states:

“The approval was contingent upon closing your existing account(s) shown below because it was determined that the amount of credit extended to you by us or our affiliates was sufficient. As Agreed, the following account(s) were closed.
Account ending in:
1234”
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
approved signature 5K BUT it would require closing the existing account...this may well be
indicative of a paradigm change for BOA credit card applications.
It sure seems like a change has indeed happened.
We'll just have to adjust to it, as always.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:02 pm

Data point

Personal cards approval dates

4-6-2016
7-12-2016
10-12-2016

First two approved automatically. Last one went pending. Called application status line 10-13 (1-800-545-7899). Was advised it had been approved with a credit limit of $17,500. New card showed up on my BA home page 10-15. Still shows up as in review on application status page. Based on this I don't think it is kept up to date.

Business Card Approval dates

4-27-2016
8-15-2016

Business cards auto approved

No cards cancelled yet. After minimum spent credit limits reduced to 2-4K for all cards.

After seeing recent comments, I decided to give it a shot 4 days ago. Maybe I just got lucky.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Raldog
Personal cards approval dates
4-6-2016, 7-12-2016, 10-12-2016 . . . After seeing recent comments, I decided to give it a shot 4 days ago.
Maybe I just got lucky.
Congratulations.
It's good to learn that not everyone is getting denied for a second or third concurrent personal card.
Maybe they are denying only those who have already had the card numerous times
(while others, such as you, have only applied for it a few times).
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:40 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
does a biz CR pull and a person Recon CR pull combine if done the same day?
thanks
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b
does a biz CR pull and a person Recon CR pull combine if done the same day?
thanks
They are different departments, so likely no. Also, my wife applied for two personal cards during the summer on the same day and she got two hard pulls from BOA, so merging of pulls is YMMV.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
They are different departments, so likely no. Also, my wife applied for two personal cards during the summer on the same day and she got two hard pulls from BOA, so merging of pulls is YMMV.
I am assuming she had to call for the 2nd personal card. Did she call during the same day during business hours? What credit bureau was that?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michael_v
I am assuming she had to call for the 2nd personal card. Did she call during the same day during business hours? What credit bureau was that?
BofA tends to make a pull on the recon and often is from TU. Whether this is done on same day or not does not make difference
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
She did not call because she refuses to talk on the phone with banks, but we received a letter later.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Data Point:

On 10/13, wife applied for 3rd open personal and 3rd open biz card. Biz instantly approved, personal denied due to having "account endorsed by this organization."

Any recent data points of people being able to get approved by calling retention by voluntarily closing older AS accounts?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by bchips
wife applied for...3rd open biz card. Biz instantly approved
Was the wait between business applications 90 days, or less than that?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:04 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by muji
Was the wait between business applications 90 days, or less than that?
is the biz a 90 day wait too?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by muji
was the wait between business applications 90 days, or less than that?
3/3/16
6/13/16
10/12/16

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.