Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
How do you know...the bonus will be 30K in May?
see here: http://milecards.com/1588426670/the-...you-do-better/
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muji
Just checked the business version application for the Alaska card. It states: "Bonus Miles are a one-time offer valid only on new accounts."

Is this wording new?
It seems to indicate that if you have had this card before then you will be ineligible to get the bonus miles again.
Why do you think that? If you had the card before, it was a different "account" than you'll have now (assuming you're applying afresh, rather than adding a card for an employee to an existing business card account). A brand new card in your name will have a "new account", won't it?

This is standard language used by many banks to simply indicate that the bonus is not available on existing card accounts, that it's only available if you apply for a brand new account (not when you get a card for an employee, not when you add an authorized user, not if you product change, etc).
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Why do you think that? If you had the card before, it was a different "account" than you'll have now (assuming you're applying afresh, rather than adding a card for an employee to an existing business card account). A brand new card in your name will have a "new account", won't it?

This is standard language used by many banks to simply indicate that the bonus is not available on existing card accounts, that it's only available if you apply for a brand new account (not when you get a card for an employee, not when you add an authorized user, not if you product change, etc).
Well, yes, Citi apps always say "new accounts", and that's all they mean. But they don't say "one time offer", which could mean one time per account, or it could mean, AMEX style, one time per lifetime.

Easy to answer though, all we need are some data points from people who applied thru links with this language, and either got sign up bonuses multiple times, or were denied for having had the bonus previously.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
The 30K offer in May is official? Do we know if it'll start on May 1 or is it still up in the air?
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
The 30K offer in May is official? Do we know if it'll start on May 1 or is it still up in the air?
May 1 at 3:34am EST
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:26 am

I lowered my credit limit on my 2 BOA Alaska Airlines Visa Signature cards 10 days ago. How long will it take for this decrease to register with BOA, so that I can apply for 2 more cards?

Last edited by joer1212; Apr 12, 2016 at 1:41 am
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
In the slides, the 30k offer comes with $1k spend? Then maybe the current 25k offer works better for me. Can I apply for two cards simultaneously? I don't mind forking out $150. (never applied with BoA before)
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
The 30k offer in May was in some BofA training info or something like that, so it's more official than an unsourced rumor. But it's not as official as a public announcement.

And it said "May", not a specific date in May. (For training purposes or whatever, a specific date was not needed!)

We have not heard anything so far other than that info (which included that for the first time minimum spend will be necessary to get the bonus) a couple months ago. We don't know, for example, whether the $100 statement credit (on some versions of the offer) will totally disappear at that time or not. We don't know whether they'll insert anti-churning language (a la Citi and Amex) in the new offers or not. We don't know if they'll switch over to the new offer "instantly", or have overlap, or have a "dead period" where all old offers disappear before new offers appear.

So if you're worried about any of those things, and it's been 3 months or more since you last applied, you might want to get another application in for the 25k with $100 statement credit now, and not have to be the first guinea pig of the new offer.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
I'm crossing my fingers that some sort of statement credit to offset the AF will remain.
2 years ago, they had the 40K offer but no statement credit.
Did they ever have a 30K offer with a statement credit?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Originally Posted by joer1212
I lowered my credit limit on my 2 BOA Alaska Airlines Visa Signature cards 10 days ago. How long will it take for this decrease to register with BOA, so that I can apply for 2 more cards?
I recently lowered my line on a personal Alaska card by chat, saw it effective online within an hour, then applied for a business Alaska card the next day that was instantly approved with my highest SL with BOA.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Soulag
I recently lowered my line on a personal Alaska card by chat, saw it effective online within an hour, then applied for a business Alaska card the next day that was instantly approved with my highest SL with BOA.
Thank you.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:11 pm

The Alaska Air Visa Signature card is not as churnable as people claim it once was.
After being approved for 2 personal and 1 business card over 3 months ago, I gave it another whirl for another 2 personal and 1 business card today. I used every trick in the book: Lowered my credit limit 2 weeks before applying, used multiple browsers, resized my browsers, used private browsing, etc.
Result? I was only approved for 1 measly personal card (25k miles). The other two are "pending". This isn't going to get you very far if you're looking to book F on Emirates (which now suddenly costs a whopping 150k miles o/w).
The glory days, when you could be approved for 3 cards every 90 days, are clearly over. Too bad I showed up too late to the party.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:44 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Closing CC Account

I have closed two cards in the last few days. Both conversations were less than desirable. The usual why are you closing, etc., etc. Also a rather hard sell on changing products. When I consistently said I just wanted to close the account the CSR starting to refer to how many cards I have had and asked if I was just opening these accounts for the miles. I affirmed that was one of the reasons along with having different cards for different projects. Both times I was pushed hard to move the credit to “my other open Alaska card”. While closing my wife’s card I was thanked for being a 30 year “preferred customer”. He was definitely looking at more than just a credit card file. At least what he was looking at did not reference gender. I do not know what all this is about but I do not think it is good.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:57 pm

I must have missed it but several posts allude to a 3 month "cool-off" period between apps. My last AS card was in early March and I'd like to get one more in before May when Cinderella's slipper drops.

Is it a max of 1 application every 90-days or 3 with BoA? If it's 3, I'll also get a VS card but that's not urgent.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by gq_dq
Is it a max of 1 application every 90-days or 3 with BoA? If it's 3, I'll also get a VS card but that's not urgent.
I was only approved for 1 card out of 3 after waiting over 90 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.