Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 1:19 pm
jk2

Applied today for Alaska and Virgin, both were declined. I got these cards back in February, got bonus and cancelled them recently. Called and had a difficult time to explain these new card - apparently, CSR can see all open/closed cards. Anyway, I was approved for both by shifting a CL from my existing Spirit card. I wonder, do I have a chance to be approved for another Alaska/Virgin cards today?
Old May 14, 2015, 2:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Is ~35 days too short between apps? I have 2 open with $17K CL each. Debating applying now and having them allocate credit over (by freezing EXP). Does this make sense?
Try it and let us know. I think 35 is short.
Old May 14, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by agp423
Try it and let us know. I think 35 is short.
Does this "reset the counter" a la Citi or is there not enough data to make that conclusion?
Old May 14, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Does this "reset the counter" a la Citi or is there not enough data to make that conclusion?
From what we know, BoA does not have a counter, per se.

Rule is if BoA will approve you for a line of credit, you will get it.

I'd space it out more (many here do 3 month cycles of 2 each) just to be safe.

You surely can test it out to let us know your results, though. Gladly appreciate it in advance!
Old May 14, 2015, 9:55 pm

Applied for 2: 1 approved , 1 pending. Too late to call recon.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: US Gold & AA Lifetime Gold
Applied for and was approved for 2 cards for me and 2 more for my wife. The 50k in miles appeared in our accounts before hitting the $1k in spending. Anyone seen that before?
Old May 15, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Maz67
Applied for and was approved for 2 cards for me and 2 more for my wife. The 50k in miles appeared in our accounts before hitting the $1k in spending. Anyone seen that before?
The $1k is for the statement credit--no minimum spend for 50k miles.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Eventually, with people doing 3BM, 4BM, and 5BM apps, every other month, the CSRs are going to be briefed on it, and no longer be so helpful. If you intend to do that, do it quickly, before the out of control churners finally kill the deal.
This thread is already looking more and more like Citi Exec thread. It won't last long at this rate IMO.
Old May 15, 2015, 6:59 am

Everything in this game looks the same way. Continual pushing the limit until things die. Do it Quick!

It will take a few retroactive blacklisting to get people's attention. The banks though, does not seem to want to take that step.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by maverick17
This thread is already looking more and more like Citi Exec thread. It won't last long at this rate IMO.
I'm usually not one of the blogger haters, and I'm usually quite skeptical of 'the sky is falling' posts. But yesterday Bow Tie Guy did a post about how he just got 5 AS cards in one day. Not only is it stupid to broadcast how to do that to the general newbie population, many of whom won't have the credit history and Recon experience to pull that off, but doesn't everyone understand that HPs are only part of the problem here?

Even though you only end up with 1 HP, you end up with 5 cards issued in one day. Good luck applying for any other cards in the near future from any bank. Once Recon sees those 5 cards issued in one day> instant denial.

I've got too many other cards I want to apply for soon, including a Citi Premier and a new CSP, to want to jeopardize those apps for 5 AS apps. I did want to pick up maybe 2 AS cards every 3 or 4 months though, and I can't help wondering if all of these multiple card apps are going to kill off that deal.

Any data points of getting 3, 4, or 5 AS cards at once, and going on to do successful AoRs in the near future? I'd like to be wrong about this, I just doubt that I am.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
I'm usually not one of the blogger haters, and I'm usually quite skeptical of 'the sky is falling' posts. But yesterday Bow Tie Guy did a post about how he just got 5 AS cards in one day. Not only is it stupid to broadcast how to do that to the general newbie population, many of whom won't have the credit history and Recon experience to pull that off, but doesn't everyone understand that HPs are only part of the problem here?

Even though you only end up with 1 HP, you end up with 5 cards issued in one day. Good luck applying for any other cards in the near future from any bank. Once Recon sees those 5 cards issued in one day> instant denial.

I've got too many other cards I want to apply for soon, including a Citi Premier and a new CSP, to want to jeopardize those apps for 5 AS apps. I did want to pick up maybe 2 AS cards every 3 or 4 months though, and I can't help wondering if all of these multiple card apps are going to kill off that deal.

Any data points of getting 3, 4, or 5 AS cards at once, and going on to do successful AoRs in the near future? I'd like to be wrong about this, I just doubt that I am.
The largest risk to other card issuers would be to Chase and Barclays.
These two banks are VERY risk averse and there have been reports of these two banks taking action on THEIR part to reduce your current limits or even close your account without notice when they see a scramble for additional lines of credit ELSEWHERE (5 at BoA)...

I'd look at the grand scheme of things when applying for so many cards at once and how it impacts your relationship with all the other partners you work with in the financial world. It's not just BoA you're dealing with. Remember that!
Old May 15, 2015, 8:55 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by macrophage
The largest risk to other card issuers would be to Chase and Barclays.
These two banks are VERY risk averse and there have been reports of these two banks taking action on THEIR part to reduce your current limits or even close your account without notice when they see a scramble for additional lines of credit ELSEWHERE (5 at BoA)...

I'd look at the grand scheme of things when applying for so many cards at once and how it impacts your relationship with all the other partners you work with in the financial world. It's not just BoA you're dealing with. Remember that!
No kidding! You are right on the money! The stampede for bazillion browser methods for these cards and the extinction of our favorite avian will cause plenty of trouble for the masses. Think of the young or youngish person with limited credit and even more limited resources jumping on this. The banks will take a look at a thin credit file and xxx cards open in xxx days and they will not approve!
Old May 15, 2015, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
No kidding! You are right on the money! The stampede for bazillion browser methods for these cards and the extinction of our favorite avian will cause plenty of trouble for the masses. Think of the young or youngish person with limited credit and even more limited resources jumping on this. The banks will take a look at a thin credit file and xxx cards open in xxx days and they will not approve!
ORRRR you could look on the bright side to this (yes, there always is one).

If people new to this tarnish their credit reports early, they'll be out of commission for at least a year. They may also be discouraged/be more cautious of these things in the future.

It's one of those strange paradoxes where you take the fall early and hopefully turn it into a learning experience rather than ride your high horse until one day the world ends and you don't know what to do with your life because you can no longer fly for free.

Just a thought...

I'll be applying for my BoA cards after my Citi apps early next month so they don't see my new accounts.

Planning matters; order matters. Everything matters in this game.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:52 am

My apps went into Pending state. Called the recon and they said there is nothing they can see or do due to "pending". They have to wait until it gets 24hrs to process.
Is this true or recon BS?
Old May 15, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
My apps went into Pending state. Called the recon and they said there is nothing they can see or do due to "pending". They have to wait until it gets 24hrs to process.
Is this true or recon BS?
Call again. Keep trying till they do what you say, but ask nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.